members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Stream TV app issue

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 9

Is there some sort of known defect with streaming recorded shows on the latest version of the Xfinity Stream TV app (4.0.2.764)?  When i attempt to watch a dvr recorded tv show via the app on my Ipad, it will display (for example) 69 minutes of total playing time for the full episode i recorded;  however as soon as it starts playing in the app the time drops to a fraction of the total show (26 min 43 sec in one example, (only 9 min 10 sec for another program i tried to watch) and it essentially only allows me to view a portion of the total recorded show.  

Sometimes it starts at the beginning of an episode, but others it will kick off in the middle.  If i use the DVR on my X1 box, i can watch the same recorded show in its entirety.  I've tried loging in and out of the app, deleted and reinstalling it.  No luck.  Hope this gets corrected in the next version of the app, or someone shares a way to fix this.

8 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2 of 9

this action happens to me for almost all recordings for the past 2 weeks -  some work most do not - and even teh ones that work i need to try multiple times 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 9

wrealneat71 wrote:

Is there some sort of known defect with streaming recorded shows on the latest version of the Xfinity Stream TV app (4.0.2.764)?  When i attempt to watch a dvr recorded tv show via the app on my Ipad, it will display (for example) 69 minutes of total playing time for the full episode i recorded;  however as soon as it starts playing in the app the time drops to a fraction of the total show (26 min 43 sec in one example, (only 9 min 10 sec for another program i tried to watch) and it essentially only allows me to view a portion of the total recorded show.  

Sometimes it starts at the beginning of an episode, but others it will kick off in the middle.  If i use the DVR on my X1 box, i can watch the same recorded show in its entirety.  I've tried loging in and out of the app, deleted and reinstalling it.  No luck.  Hope this gets corrected in the next version of the app, or someone shares a way to fix this.

Sorry you're having trouble. Yes, there is a know issue impacting certain markets (Chicago, Detroit, and Twin Cities). It isn't an issue with the app - it is the Cloud DVR recordings, which are recorded separately from those on your physical DVR.  Many other threads covering this topic. Truly apologize and our engineers are aware and working on it.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 9

Having same issue.  Wasn't a problem before new app came out.  Please fix!  Thanks.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 5 of 9

The issue also seems to be affecting the Houston market. Shows downloaded to my iPad will play correctly for a while and then cut to a commercial and skip right back to where they were in a matter of seconds, freeze up, or restart completely. Only a few times has the downloaded show actually played properly for its duration. Just wanted to make sure the Houston market is also included in the troubleshooting.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 6 of 9

Cnote1 wrote:

The issue also seems to be affecting the Houston market. Shows downloaded to my iPad will play correctly for a while and then cut to a commercial and skip right back to where they were in a matter of seconds, freeze up, or restart completely. Only a few times has the downloaded show actually played properly for its duration. Just wanted to make sure the Houston market is also included in the troubleshooting.

Thank you for making me aware. Is this with DVR content or On Demand content?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 7 of 9
This is still happening for me, and now this week the app won't even show new recordings exist. I'm in the Chicago area. When does Comcast estimate this will be fixed?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 8 of 9

Same here but only affected by some series recordings. Seems to work ok with an individual recording. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 9 of 9

I too am having this problem in CT.  DVR on X1 is fine but over Xfinity Stream on Iphone 7 I either get error 500 or other timeout errors or the Cloud recordings are incomplete.  Usually happens on AMC, it seems.