Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Stream App Android stopped working 3 weeks ago

New Poster

Xfinity Stream App Android stopped working 3 weeks ago

The day after I signed a new 1 year agreement with comcast, the xfinity android app stopped working.  I am very angry at you.  I will tell you what happened and in what order as best I can.

First, about 3 weeks ago (may 5, 2017)  the live streams started to buffer.  The first channel to start messing up was MSNBC - which I believe is owned by you.   I contacted your "help" in the phillipines/India and was told that it was a problem with MY internet.  Because I do get my internet from another company - Century Link - I contacted them.  After a week, it was confirmed that there was NO PROBLEM AT ALL with my High Speed Broadband Internet. - IT always worked fine, and all tests showed that the problem was specifically with YOUR services.

Then, one by one ALL of the live channels started going - not all at once, but one by one.  I spent hundreds of hours trying to figure out what was wrong - but I could not.  I spent untold hours uninstalling, reinstalling, logging out , logging in, calling your "help" folks who don't speak English..etc ad infinitum...   I finally gave up, and deleted your apps.  I called your customer service and once again got a bunch of foreign speaking people and was told I CANNOT cancel my service with you without paying $600 fine....I guess Fox is right - I really am a "libtard"!

The last I tried with your silly app, NO live TV worked at all - and I always receive a notice saying  that my filters don't allow any shows.  I do not use any filters.  Also, your tech people in india and the phillipines may want to know that ALL of the problems I have, had work exactly the same on ALL android items.  I have not tried using an apple product because I do not own any.  Also ALL problems I had using your SILLY app, worked EXACTLY the same on all android - be it a phone or tablet. It did not work on  Android 4 or 5.  YOUR app also crashes now very time I try to use it.

I personally would be very happy with over the air (OTA) channels, but my mom is 92 and very ill, and she really likes watching our local baseball - even the before season stuff - and the only way to get that is through comcast or dish.

I REALLY am VERY ANGRY AT YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream App Android stopped working 3 weeks ago

greggdick wrote:

The day after I signed a new 1 year agreement with comcast, the xfinity android app stopped working.  I am very angry at you.  I will tell you what happened and in what order as best I can.

First, about 3 weeks ago (may 5, 2017)  the live streams started to buffer.  The first channel to start messing up was MSNBC - which I believe is owned by you.   I contacted your "help" in the phillipines/India and was told that it was a problem with MY internet.  Because I do get my internet from another company - Century Link - I contacted them.  After a week, it was confirmed that there was NO PROBLEM AT ALL with my High Speed Broadband Internet. - IT always worked fine, and all tests showed that the problem was specifically with YOUR services.

Then, one by one ALL of the live channels started going - not all at once, but one by one.  I spent hundreds of hours trying to figure out what was wrong - but I could not.  I spent untold hours uninstalling, reinstalling, logging out , logging in, calling your "help" folks who don't speak English..etc ad infinitum...   I finally gave up, and deleted your apps.  I called your customer service and once again got a bunch of foreign speaking people and was told I CANNOT cancel my service with you without paying $600 fine....I guess Fox is right - I really am a "libtard"!

The last I tried with your silly app, NO live TV worked at all - and I always receive a notice saying  that my filters don't allow any shows.  I do not use any filters.  Also, your tech people in india and the phillipines may want to know that ALL of the problems I have, had work exactly the same on ALL android items.  I have not tried using an apple product because I do not own any.  Also ALL problems I had using your SILLY app, worked EXACTLY the same on all android - be it a phone or tablet. It did not work on  Android 4 or 5.  YOUR app also crashes now very time I try to use it.

I personally would be very happy with over the air (OTA) channels, but my mom is 92 and very ill, and she really likes watching our local baseball - even the before season stuff - and the only way to get that is through comcast or dish.

I REALLY am VERY ANGRY AT YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do you have regular X1 service (TV+internet at least) with X1 set top boxes too?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation