Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Xfinity Stream APP

New Poster

Xfinity Stream APP

I just got new Internet and TV service with Xfinity. I had the option to get a traditional cable box or sign up for the new Xfinity - Steam option. Xfinity Strem option sounded great. But now I find out that I cannot even use my newly purchased Fire TV box to watch TV.. There needs to be a fix for this. I am not sure if I should go back to the store and request a traditional cable box or return my new Fire TV box to Amazon.

This is a pitty. Smiley Sad It sounds like my only other option is to plug my desktop PC into my TV and use that, and now I will have to buy another desktop PC, Laptop or some new TV that might work with the Xfinity Stream APP.. What is so weird is that Netflix and Hulu work perfectly fine and they use stream technolgy too.

Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream APP

Dave_Perry1 wrote:

I just got new Internet and TV service with Xfinity. I had the option to get a traditional cable box or sign up for the new Xfinity - Steam option. Xfinity Strem option sounded great. But now I find out that I cannot even use my newly purchased Fire TV box to watch TV.. There needs to be a fix for this. I am not sure if I should go back to the store and request a traditional cable box or return my new Fire TV box to Amazon.

This is a pitty. Smiley Sad It sounds like my only other option is to plug my desktop PC into my TV and use that, and now I will have to buy another desktop PC, Laptop or some new TV that might work with the Xfinity Stream APP.. What is so weird is that Netflix and Hulu work perfectly fine and they use stream technolgy too.

you can go either way. did you get Xfinity internet service and the X1 Stream service(only)? the sound for PC connected computers is stereo only from what i've read. Personally i want access to the DVR function and rewind live TV function.