Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Stream APP on iPhone

New Poster

Xfinity Stream APP on iPhone

Using Xfinity Steam TV App on my Xfinitywifi away from home on my iPhone I could not watch live TV on CBS.  It said I had to be in my home network yet other networks like NBC were able to be viewed?  Why can't I watch all stations on Live TV away from home?

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Stream APP on iPhone

JS464 wrote:

Using Xfinity Steam TV App on my Xfinitywifi away from home on my iPhone I could not watch live TV on CBS.  It said I had to be in my home network yet other networks like NBC were able to be viewed?  Why can't I watch all stations on Live TV away from home?

The rights to stream content away from your home network (called "TV Everywhere" rights) are negotiated separately and not always available.  We've been able to secure those rights for NBC and ABC in markets where the parent network owns the local station (typically the largest markets such as LA, Chicago, NYC). CBS does not allow us to do the same.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation