Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity App Services for Windows 10 on PC, tablet, mobile, and Xbox One (UWP)

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity App Services for Windows 10 on PC, tablet, mobile, and Xbox One (UWP)

I'm just checking in to find out whether Comcast cares about supporting the Windows ecosystem through Windows 10. Your customers have been asking for a Windows app for years. It is simple. Your customers want support and Comcast can do so by developing a single app that will work across all of these device types. Every time that I see an Xfinity commercial that tells me that it works on all your devices, I grit my teeth knowing that this is a lie. The commercial actually makes me want to cancel the service. I'm getting to the point where I think I could live with a satellite provider if I have to.

You may suggest that we use the pay TV provider apps on Xbox One for streaming purposes. Well, that would only work for some of them. Starz support has been pulled for whatever reason. I cannot authenticate. You may say that you can just use the website! Yeah, that isn't going to work for offline playback is it? There seem to be alot of really nice services that are tied into apps that I cannot use. What about system and account control access through those apps? Home security? Forget about it. Basically, I'm tired of being treated like a second class citizen. I am a long term customer but if this continues, I cannot say how much longer that will be the case.

A simple yes or no would be great. Don't tell me that it is under evaluation. Don't tell me that I can use the website. Stop making excuses.

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity App Services for Windows 10 on PC, tablet, mobile, and Xbox One (UWP)

InlineV wrote:

I'm just checking in to find out whether Comcast cares about supporting the Windows ecosystem through Windows 10. Your customers have been asking for a Windows app for years. It is simple. Your customers want support and Comcast can do so by developing a single app that will work across all of these device types. Every time that I see an Xfinity commercial that tells me that it works on all your devices, I grit my teeth knowing that this is a lie. The commercial actually makes me want to cancel the service. I'm getting to the point where I think I could live with a satellite provider if I have to.

You may suggest that we use the pay TV provider apps on Xbox One for streaming purposes. Well, that would only work for some of them. Starz support has been pulled for whatever reason. I cannot authenticate. You may say that you can just use the website! Yeah, that isn't going to work for offline playback is it? There seem to be alot of really nice services that are tied into apps that I cannot use. What about system and account control access through those apps? Home security? Forget about it. Basically, I'm tired of being treated like a second class citizen. I am a long term customer but if this continues, I cannot say how much longer that will be the case.

A simple yes or no would be great. Don't tell me that it is under evaluation. Don't tell me that I can use the website. Stop making excuses.

Thank you for your feedback. I can confirm that there are no current plans to develop a native XFINITY TV application for Windows 10 devices.  As a Widows 10 user myself, I can appreciate the desire to have download capabilities on this platform. I'll share your feedback with the product team. 

-ComcastDan

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity App Services for Windows 10 on PC, tablet, mobile, and Xbox One (UWP)

InlineV wrote:

Thank you for your feedback. I can confirm that there are no current plans to develop a native XFINITY TV application for Windows 10 devices.  As a Widows 10 user myself, I can appreciate the desire to have download capabilities on this platform. I'll share your feedback with the product team. 

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your clear and succinct response. This is very helpful.

Service Expert

Solved Topic now Closed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation