Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Android Apps not Auto-Rotating

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Android Apps not Auto-Rotating

The Xfinity TV Remote and TV Stream apps on my Motorola Droid Turbo2 phone do not auto-rotate like the Xfinity Connect does and how they do on the iPad.  When might these apps support AUTO-ROTATE on the Android platform?

JoeV
Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Android Apps not Auto-Rotating

Update:  I have tested these apps on my Motorola Xoom Android tablet.  Here are all my results:

Device            OS Version                  TV Remote Version Stream TV Version Test Result

Droid Turbo 2 Android Version 7.0     3.5.1.003                 4.2.0.023                 Auto-Rotate fails both apps

Xoom Tablet   Android Version 4.1.2  3.5.1.003                 4.2.0.023                 Auto-Rotate OK both apps

JoeV
Service Expert

jav6joev wrote:

Update:  I have tested these apps on my Motorola Xoom Android tablet.  Here are all my results:

Device            OS Version                  TV Remote Version Stream TV Version Test Result

Droid Turbo 2 Android Version 7.0     3.5.1.003                 4.2.0.023                 Auto-Rotate fails both apps

Xoom Tablet   Android Version 4.1.2  3.5.1.003                 4.2.0.023                 Auto-Rotate OK both apps

using youtube and chrome browser find a video and play it. does it auto rotate?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Using the Xfinity Stream TV app on my Droid 2 does NOT auto-rotate initially while selecting something to stream, but after choosing something to stream, the stream DOES auto-rotate.  Seems the developers missed something.

JoeV
Service Expert

jav6joev wrote:

Using the Xfinity Stream TV app on my Droid 2 does NOT auto-rotate initially while selecting something to stream, but after choosing something to stream, the stream DOES auto-rotate.  Seems the developers missed something.

i used a kindle fire 5th gen and a cheapo LG phone and all rotated automatically with the stream app. iOS also rotated properly.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation