New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFINITY TV on Roku

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 451 of 1,445

ComcastDan, can you find a way to inform the chat agents to stop telling people they can get the app by associating their Rokus to Comcast email accounts?  I'm new to Roku stuff, but the only way I could find to do it was to reset my stick to factory and start over.  Maybe I missed something, but it's not a quick thing to do.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 452 of 1,445
Hopefully this happens soon so it will pave the way for Apple TV owners.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 453 of 1,445
Thanks for the reply. I've already browsed the forums and there's no discussion about it. They're all pertaining to the remote app, Android tablets, etcs. No discussion about the Xfinity TV app on Android TV.

With all of the attention, and the fact that this is all about the release of the app as it relates to the partner program, this was/is definitely the best forum to get a prompt and/or accurate response. Unfortunately there's just been no interest in any acknowledgement fot whatever reason, likely because of the repetitive nature of the forum and the lack of new news on the Roku app.

It looks like it will just be a blind waiting game for a while much in the way the Roku app has been. Oh well, I tried!
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 454 of 1,445

nwikoff wrote:

ComcastDan, can you find a way to inform the chat agents to stop telling people they can get the app by associating their Rokus to Comcast email accounts?  I'm new to Roku stuff, but the only way I could find to do it was to reset my stick to factory and start over.  Maybe I missed something, but it's not a quick thing to do.

I truly apologize. The chat agents were reminded of the correct information earlier today. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 455 of 1,445
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 456 of 1,445
To confirm... the xfinity app is NOT available in beta mode to me and the agent is giving false information.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 457 of 1,445
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 458 of 1,445
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 459 of 1,445
Feel bad for the people who thought a Jan 9 release would happen because Roku stated no new channels over the holidays until the 9th. Sorry folks no update or release just more confusion. I think every rep I've spoken with has had a different answer for the ComKu app. I just wish comcast could get everyone on the same page. Please just make an official announcement and stop the confusion. What would it hurt to state: Sorry we missed the releasd date, there were unexpected issues that we are working hard to fix. We hope the app will be available within the next.... Whenever.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 460 of 1,445
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 461 of 1,445
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 462 of 1,445

sts3 wrote:

unhelpful? Can anyone really put anything on here that is helpful? We are left to speculate in the absence of any information.

There is an XFINITY TV app for Roku in active development which we plan to release soon. There is no publicly available beta. It will be announced here and elsewhere when it becomes available for customers. We are excited to get it released. Further speculation is not helpful. 

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 463 of 1,445

ComcastDan -- I read earlier that you will only be able to use the Roku/Xfinity on your home network.  Doesn't this kind of defeat the purpose?  I have X1 at home so it doesn't make sense that I wouldn't be able to connect it to another TV not at home.  After hearing about the agreement between Roku and Comcast, we bought a Roku Ultra for my daughter for christmas.  She is in college and thinking that she could use the service there.  If Comcast is worried about someone outside the family using this and getting cable without paying, it's no different if they used a laptop and connected to their TV.  Isn't there a way to limit Roku users outside the network to 1 or 2?  Or make it so they need to get an access code from Comcast?  --Ron 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 464 of 1,445

Ron_Ripple wrote:

ComcastDan -- I read earlier that you will only be able to use the Roku/Xfinity on your home network.  Doesn't this kind of defeat the purpose?  I have X1 at home so it doesn't make sense that I wouldn't be able to connect it to another TV not at home.  After hearing about the agreement between Roku and Comcast, we bought a Roku Ultra for my daughter for christmas.  She is in college and thinking that she could use the service there.  If Comcast is worried about someone outside the family using this and getting cable without paying, it's no different if they used a laptop and connected to their TV.  Isn't there a way to limit Roku users outside the network to 1 or 2?  Or make it so they need to get an access code from Comcast?  --Ron 

Hi Ron,

There haven't been any official announcements about the features, restrictions or how those may change over time. I'll share your feedback with the team, however.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 465 of 1,445

Today I sent in a letter to Tom Karrinskis office(the suppossed head of Comcast)whenever Ive contacted this office Ive had good results.I asked them to look into this Xfinity app and progress and to release an official statement as to its progress.We will see if I get a response,if/when I do I will try to copy over to this site.If this office isnt able to find out officially as to whats going on I would question if its ever coming out.Hopefully they will be helpful,we will see.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 466 of 1,445
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 467 of 1,445
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 468 of 1,445

I got a canned response saying they are working on app and it will be out early this year.That response cameback too quickly to have been looked into so I am going to keep contacting them until it shows up or release an official statement.I am retired with lots of time on my hands so I can keep on insisting for an answer daily.We  need  answers not canned responses,anything less is unacceptable.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 469 of 1,445

andyat1217 wrote:

I got a canned response saying they are working on app and it will be out early this year.That response cameback too quickly to have been looked into so I am going to keep contacting them until it shows up or release an official statement.I am retired with lots of time on my hands so I can keep on insisting for an answer daily.We  need  answers not canned responses,anything less is unacceptable.

There is an XFINITY TV app for Roku in active development which we plan to release soon. There is no publicly available beta. It will be announced here and elsewhere when it becomes available for customers. We are excited to get it released. Further speculation is not helpful.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 470 of 1,445

Would love to know Comcast definition of "very soon" . They said in their press release in April of 2016 it would be released in the fall, than there were numerous dates given by the Comcast employee's that never happened. Than I was told three times that it would be released in 2016 for sure, well it's now 2017. Is it any wonder why Comcast has one of the worse customer service reputation of any company in America, it's well earned! 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 471 of 1,445
Where is it stuck at development legal or marketing?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 472 of 1,445
We're likely only going to get canned responses from now until the hopeful release of the app. Roku recently archived their announcement that the app was coming soon. That may just be an aging setting for their blog, but to me it seems like a bad omen.

I'm still hopeful, I love my Rokus, and I'm decently happy with how I can stream my channels, but a full X1 interface would be nice. I'm holding out hope that it will be available before my contact is up in April.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 473 of 1,445

To Comcast Andrew,what part  of my post was speculation,it seems to me Comcast represenatives dont know anymore than the rest of us do.My post is just showing an example of the right hand not knowing.. what the left hand is doing.I think Comcast CSRs need to just stop making further comments on this issue until they have official word and proof the app will be active,and please just let us out here vent.You all my seem like your helping with good intentions but sometimes saying nothing is better

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 474 of 1,445

andyat1217 wrote:

To Comcast Andrew,what part  of my post was speculation,it seems to me Comcast represenatives dont know anymore than the rest of us do.My post is just showing an example of the right hand not knowing.. what the left hand is doing.I think Comcast CSRs need to just stop making further comments on this issue until they have official word and proof the app will be active,and please just let us out here vent.You all my seem like your helping with good intentions but sometimes saying nothing is better

You can vent all you want within reason, but it won't get the app out any sooner than when it comes out, and it's been stated that when it is ready to come out there will be an announcement.  Continuing to stir up anger is called "baiting" and that's against the Forum Guidelines.

You make the statement, "I think Comcast CSRs need to just stop making further comments..." yet you keep asking for some kind of official word when the app will be out.  You can't have it both ways.  Sending daily [sometimes several times daily] emails to Tom Karinshak's office for information ends up being harassment on your part, especially since you've received a reply telling you they have no further information.

We understand that people are ticked off that this app didn't come out when first announced, and that everyone is anxious to know just when it will come out, but now the question should be "any new word when this will be out?" or "any update?"; if nothing is posted, then there isn't any new information.  I can assure you that when it is finally ready it WILL be announced.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 475 of 1,445
I think the real question is why the silent treatment or lack of updates? Not from the helpers on these boards but from corporate. It seems the customers are more upset about that then anything else. If comcast or any company says they will do something by a certain day they should do it or atleast have a public resason of why not; instead of letting customer service give out misinformed Information.

It's like having a tech scheduled to come to your house but they never show or call while you've been waiting at home the whole day. Then you call back to ask what happened and no one knows. You get more frustrated at the customer service then the initial problem itself.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 476 of 1,445

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filter]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 477 of 1,445

I've turned off notifications for this topic. Someone please let me know when some real news about the app is posted and not any of the incessent complaining.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 478 of 1,445

I just switched phone, internet and TV to Comcast from Frontier on 12/17/16.  I had a sales rep follow me into my driveway one evening on my way home from work.  She asked what I was paying and then threw out a number that I couldn't pass up and asked if she could come in.  I showed her my 3 TV's two of which had been wired previously for cable and the third which was a new installation in the kitchen had no cable to it because I was using Frontier for service and it was a wireless hook up via wi-fi.  When I told her I couldn't switch because it would cost too much for an electrician to wire that third tv she said hold on, let me make a call.  She called her supervisor and then told me all I had to do was buy a Roku for $60.00 and I would be able to stream xfinity through that device.  I asked, is this something that's ready and available right now?  She replied yes my supervisor said it's ready to go.   Signed the contract at that point, scheduled the install for two weeks later and bought the Roku in the meantime.  Install was done, hooked up my Roku and couldn't find the xfinity app.  Called the rep back told her the problem, she checked into it and apologized that it wasn't ready yet and she had been given incorrect information about it.  About one week later she called me and said "good news, xfinity for Roku app has just been realeased.  Got home, couldn't find it. Called her back and she said it was released but then it got pulled right away because of connectivity issues.   So now I'm one month in with no tv in the kitchen which is our most watched tv and I've got no recourse.  It's not my fault I recieved incorrect information multiple times.  Just sayin.  I just wish at this point there would be regualr updates from Comcast at least once a week, even if it was "not ready yet, still working on it"  or "not ready yet but it's close".  I know we can assume that but I don't like making assumptions.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 479 of 1,445
This thread should be locked, and the first post should include an edit that says we will announce and perhaps unlock this thread when the app is released. I think keeping this thread open will only waste everyone's time.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 480 of 1,445

moved to new topic, good questions. moving to X1 for now may be moved to a different area.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 481 of 1,445

Unbelievable! It's 2017 and I just signed up with comcast today and was all excited when I activated National Geographic on my Roku, but then I got to HGTV and Food network, and came to a skreeetching halt. I can't activate them as Comcast is not in the list of providers. Again, I am reminded why have not been a comcast subscriber for the last 7 years, and once this "contract" is up, I am jumping ship. That is the only thing I can do... stop paying the clowns!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 482 of 1,445

WDG1974 wrote:

Unbelievable! It's 2017 and I just signed up with comcast today and was all excited when I activated National Geographic on my Roku, but then I got to HGTV and Food network, and came to a skreeetching halt. I can't activate them as Comcast is not in the list of providers. Again, I am reminded why have not been a comcast subscriber for the last 7 years, and once this "contract" is up, I am jumping ship. That is the only thing I can do... stop paying the clowns!

Comcast will soon be launching an XFINITY TV app for Roku so you will be able to watch all included content there. Please follow the separate thread on Roku for updates.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 483 of 1,445

Topic now Closed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 484 of 1,445

Please provide an update on when the Xfinity app will be available for Roku.  The delay is beginning to seem to be deliberate and is undermining all the work Comcast is doing to otherwise improve customer services.  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 485 of 1,445

I was just told by an agent the app is available. I searched roku on my new roku TV. No dice. 

Posted by
Visitor
Message 486 of 1,445

When will the xfinity app be available on Roku

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 487 of 1,445

For the past few months I've been paying extra money while I wait for this app. I realize I'm a fool for listening to the people on the phone, so please don't ridicule me for listening to company representatives. I know better now, but I can't undo what's been done. I currently have Internet Plus 25 Choice and I pay an additional fee for a speed increase.

Can I drop down to just internet right now and then come back to what I have when the app comes out? The funny thing is, the same person that told me to order a Roku because the app is already available is also the one that told me I needed to keep what I had in order to enjoy the app.

I understand that the app is on some kind of hold. What are my options for coming back if I drop down to merely Internet 25 while I wait? I'd save $40 per month based on my last bill, and I'm getting nothing for the extra money right now. I see the value of it if/when the app is available--I'm paying $35 per month for DirecTV Now, so it seems like a wash if it ever comes.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 488 of 1,445

I was told the same thing a month ago from a rep lol

Posted by
Visitor

Message 489 of 1,445
I'm thinking the app isn't coming out at all now, it's all a scam to get you to sign a 2 year contract like we did and the have to rent even more eauipment, they are purposefully dragging their feet until the government says they have to provide alternatives to set top boxes
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 490 of 1,445
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 491 of 1,445
Posted by
Contributor

Message 492 of 1,445
It's surely intentional. Not only did they lie and are now dragging their feet since the FCC has backed off, but they will also be restricting access to in home network, unlike promised during announcement by Comcast CEO. That's most likely the hold up. They do NOT want their IPTV app to lead to account sharing and they want every last dollar they can get from set top boxes. On another note, when Comcast is late to an appointment aren't we given credit? Partial credit towards a few of the invested roku's only seems fair. Also, let not kid ourselves, we all know some kid in India could already have this app finished.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 493 of 1,445
Internet essentials + Sling FTW
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 494 of 1,445

ComcastDan, I saw this on the Roku website posted on January 3rd.

https://blog.roku.com/blog/2017/01/03/six-tv-streaming-trends-that-will-accelerate-in-2017/

If you click on the six trends and look at number 6, it says the following:

More bundled services are expected to emerge in 2017. These services typically have no contract and offer a wider choice of package options. Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, DIRECTV NOW, Comcast Xfinity Stream TV, and Charter Spectrum TV Stream are in the marketplace today, and more are in the works.

Can you tell us what the Comcast Xfinity Stream TV is and also it says it is in the the marketplace today.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 495 of 1,445

I think the stream tv is the xfinity tv app. You can stream tv on any device. You just can't mirror your screen to your tv. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 496 of 1,445
Can you tell us what the Comcast Xfinity Stream TV is and also it says it is in the the marketplace today.

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/stream-faqs

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 497 of 1,445
Stream TV a Comcast skinny bundle offer that I doubt has anything to do with the Roku app we're talking about here. Although, it's possible they could use the same app for both. No way they'd use the same name, Stream TV, for both. Marketing nightmare...

http://www.multichannel.com/blog/bauminator/comcast-eyes-stream-tv-standalone-iptv-service/403744
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 498 of 1,445

Stream TV uses the xfinity TV app to deliver the streaming (and On Demand) content to mobile devices. Desktops and laptops can use a browser at tv.xfinity.com. There's even some cloud DVR.

Promised Roku app hasn't arrived after 9 month wait. I've used 3rd party network apps like HBOGO on Roku, though I've recently had some problems with access through those that xfinity has so far been unable to explain.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 499 of 1,445

This is getting off the point of this tread.

Time continues to go on with out any updates or news.

I think previous poster is correct where Comcast will probably never come out with this app.

Is there anyone from Comcast that will give us accurate information in regards to status of app.

If it is actually going to be out, when or if it has been scraped.  I think your Customers deserve to know the answer.  I also think Comcast will be losing a lot of Customers if it turns out that Comcast does not release app soon.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 500 of 1,445

ComcastJessie wrote:

On Wednesday, April 20, 2016, Comcast announced that it has partnered with Roku and Samsung to launch a new XFINITY TV partner app on Roku devices and 2016 Samsung Smart TVs soon.

We are in the development stages of the partnership and details are still being determined. We will continue to communicate and update this thread as more details on this partnership are available. 

Here are some questions and answers:

When will the XFINITY TV partner app be available on Roku and 2016 Samsung Smart TVs?

• We are still in the development phases of the partnership, but hope to launch the XFINITY TV partner app to these devices soon.

What programming and features will be available with the XFINITY TV partner app?

• XFINITY Guide
  • Live and On Demand programming, including:
    • Local broadcasts
    • Cable programming
    • Premium networks
    • Public, Educational and Governmental (PEG) Channels
  • Cloud DVR recordings

What customers will be eligible for the app?

• At this time, we are still determining eligibility for the XFINITY TV partner app. More information will be available later this year when we are ready to launch the app.

Will customers still need a TV box to access the XFINITY TV partner app on Roku devices and 2016 Samsung Smart TVs?

• No, the XFINITY TV partner app will provide access to the channels and features listed above without the need for a TV box.

We know you may have many more questions, we will be providing updates and any additional information as it becomes available here, on this thread.

For any additional information see the following links:

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/comcast-and-roku-bring-xfinity-tv-partner-ap...

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/comcast-seeks-partners-to-bring-xfinity-tv-cable-service...

I have 2 question regarding the upcoming XFINITY TV partner app for Roku.

1. Are there any updates to "eligibility for the XFINITY TV partner app"?
  2. Will the "Cloud DVR recordings" feature require that the customer already has X1 equipment?
    I ask this because I can watch but not record using tv.xfinity.com and an xfinity agent through chat told me that the only way to enable recording and watching recordings through tv.xfinity.com is by adding the X1 to my service.  My hope is that the Xfinity App for Roku will not mirror the tv.xfinity.com portal with respect to the Cloud DVR service.