Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFINITY TV app

Frequent Visitor

XFINITY TV app

This question was posted on Announcement and feedback thread 

Can I change channels on my TV from the XFINITY TV app or portal?

This was your answer:
Please use the XFINITY TV Remote app, which is available in the App Store or Google Play, to quickly and easily find and tune your TV to the shows you love.

Well, when I tried to download the app I was directed to Itunes & they wanted me to pay for it. Also when I went to the App Store in Windows 10 there was no such app. WHAT GIVES? I need an answer soon or me and Comcast are going to part company & I will find a provider who will provide me with a tv grid guide that I can use to change channels, set recordings, and give me a guide that is simple to use, which is what Comcast had before they improved it with the 'new experience.' What a mess! If this is supposed to be an improvement to your service, please do us a favor and don't try to improve your service anymore.

Problem Solver

Re: XFINITY TV app

Diva2011 wrote:

This was your answer:
Please use the XFINITY TV Remote app, which is available in the App Store or Google Play, to quickly and easily find and tune your TV to the shows you love.

Well, when I tried to download the app I was directed to Itunes & they wanted me to pay for it. Also when I went to the App Store in Windows 10 there was no such app. WHAT GIVES? I need an answer soon or me and Comcast are going to part company & I will find a provider who will provide me with a tv grid guide that I can use to change channels, set recordings, and give me a guide that is simple to use, which is what Comcast had before they improved it with the 'new experience.' What a mess! If this is supposed to be an improvement to your service, please do us a favor and don't try to improve your service anymore.

Should be free on iTunes. It even says free at this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xfinity-tv-remote/id401629893?mt=8

There is no Windows 8/10 app. So if you only have an i-device, you will have to use the version from the Apple store.

Trust me though, the Xfinity TV Remote app is horrible for trying to schedule recordings.

Official Employee

There is no additional charge for XFINITY apps including XFINITY TV or XFINITY TV Remote.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Diva2011 wrote:

This was your answer:

If you would like to use the tv remote app on your windows pc read instructions here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Get-your-PC-to-control-your-cable-box-again/td-p/281...

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation