Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFINITY TV Remote app for Android broken again

Contributor

XFINITY TV Remote app for Android broken again

For about two weeks now, the TV Remote app on both of my Android devices has been broken.  Or partially broken.  I can see the listings, but I cannot open a listed show for information or to schedule a recording without getting an "Unknown error has occurred" message.  So I can read the guide, but I can't do anything useful with it.  

I'm pretty sure this is a backend problem, as it started happening at the same time on two different Android devices.  I chatted with support about a week ago, and they promised to start a ticket, but there's no change, and I've heard nothing back from them.  

Anyone else having this problem? 

Service Expert

Re: XFINITY TV Remote app for Android broken again

starrigger wrote:

For about two weeks now, the TV Remote app on both of my Android devices has been broken.  Or partially broken.  I can see the listings, but I cannot open a listed show for information or to schedule a recording without getting an "Unknown error has occurred" message.  So I can read the guide, but I can't do anything useful with it.  

I'm pretty sure this is a backend problem, as it started happening at the same time on two different Android devices.  I chatted with support about a week ago, and they promised to start a ticket, but there's no change, and I've heard nothing back from them.  

did you log out of the app, delete it, then reinstall and login? did that make it start working again?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

I have wasted far too much of my time reinstalling Xfinity apps when they stop working, and the problem is clearly at the other end.  And when two up-to-date apps on two devices stop working at the same time...

So yes, I signed out and back in, but I did not reinstall. 

About a week ago, both apps started working correctly again, more or less, pretty much confirming that there was a problem at the comcast end, and it got fixed.  I say more or less, because the one on the slightly older version of Android still doesn't show the buttons correctly on the show info page--it shows a black bar. If you tap the black bar on just the right spot, you can schedule a recording.  On the other device, it is working correctly. 

Rustyben wrote:

starrigger wrote:

did you log out of the app, delete it, then reinstall and login? did that make it start working again?

Silver Problem Solver

I don't know if it's because I'm non-X1 or not, but it is VERY flaky. I don't really use it at all unless I want to check something that isn't available on the regular box (like a program too far out to be listed in it's shrinking guide.) Right now, I cannot get details on a program, as I get an error. I cannot get a list of my upcoming recordings, as I get an error. I can get a list of my current recordings, although it often crashes the app the first time I try.

I don't waste time trying to that unintstall/reinstall, log-out/log-in (expletive deleted). It NEVER makes a difference. It will either work for awhile, or not.