Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFINITY TV App Issues

New Poster

XFINITY TV App Issues

Apologies if this has been reported before. I noticed the issue starting this week where when trying to watch a DVR recorded show from the App on my iPad Pro, that the show will start, and within 60 seconds, will stop, jump back to the beginning of the recording, then resume from where it left off. This happens very frequently.

I then attempted to download the recording to my iPad, which the progress would get to about 26% and then restart, until it just stopped and moved the request to a download queue. 

I have also attempted to use the app on my iPhone 6, and encounter the same issues. 

I have attempted to reinstall the app, and reboot my iPad, to no avail. Is this a known issue? Is there a known fix?

Problem Solver

Re: XFINITY TV App Issues

Is this happening for all recordings or just certain ones? Does this happen if you try to view a recording using the web portal, or is it specific to just the iPad Pro? Any other device you can try the app on to see if the problem is there as well?

New Poster

Seems to be occurring for all recordings, attempted via iPad, iPhone, and tv.xfinity.com. It will either jump to beginning and then resume, or it will just skip ahead like a really bad edit. 

Problem Solver

Since it seems to be happening to all recordings, on the app and the web portal, I would suggest you call into Comcast, and get this escalated to one of the higher tier support groups.

Regular Visitor

We're having the exact same problem.  Currently working with level-3 support to determine underlying problem.  Will update this post if (or when) the problem gets resolved.  Xfinity was not able to recreate the problem on their network, so they suspect some (upload) interference on our network.  They are sending out a tech to my location to hopefully resolve issue.  Happening on two Ipads that have up-to-date IOS running the newest Xfinity TV app.  Is not happening on connected TV sets.

Service Expert

iOS updated to 10.2 - after update is the problem still persisting?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation