Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFINITY Stream on Sharp Roku TV

Regular Visitor

XFINITY Stream on Sharp Roku TV

Recently, the XFINITY Stream beta was updated. Prior to this update, I had no trouble watching live TV. Since the update, I can watch live TV for about 3 minutes and then the picture freezes, my TV restarts, and lands on the home screen. I have tried signing out, uninstalling, and reinstalling the app to no avail. Can someone please help me get this working again? Thanks for the assist.

Service Expert

Re: XFINITY Stream on Sharp Roku TV

shazzin1 wrote:

Recently, the XFINITY Stream beta was updated. Prior to this update, I had no trouble watching live TV. Since the update, I can watch live TV for about 3 minutes and then the picture freezes, my TV restarts, and lands on the home screen. I have tried signing out, uninstalling, and reinstalling the app to no avail. Can someone please help me get this working again? Thanks for the assist.

If your TV begins a power cycle and not just a picture freeze that is likely caused by a DRM communication issue which the TV attempts to fix by the power cycling. You might check with the TV manufacturer to see if a firmware update is available.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee

Hello, shazzin1. I can help troubleshoot your XFINITY Stream service. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, the username you're using to log into the app, and the service address associated with your account so I can assist? To send me a private message click my name, ComcastMax, and then click Private Message Me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Frequent Visitor

I have exactly the same issue, did you ever get this working?  The app is, basically, unusable on my Sharp Roku TV.

New Poster

As of this weekend 9-30-17, I too have been stuck with roku restarting after 3 to 4 minutes, and returning to home screen. This is occurring on 2 Sharp Tvs with built in Roku. Never had a problem before this weekend. We have excellent wifi strength to both so that is not issue. Very frustrating.
Frequent Visitor

I have never seen a reply on this issue, even though I also sent a PM as requested, so I have no idea if XFinity is working on this.

Service Expert

Gav1 wrote:
As of this weekend 9-30-17, I too have been stuck with roku restarting after 3 to 4 minutes, and returning to home screen. This is occurring on 2 Sharp Tvs with built in Roku. Never had a problem before this weekend. We have excellent wifi strength to both so that is not issue. Very frustrating.

does your TV have an ethernet connection (jack) to test connection while temporarily hard wired?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Frequent Visitor

So, after not running the XFinity App on my Sharp Roku TV in quite a while (I was using a streaming stick to avoid the issues), I decided to go back and test it again.  I am still testing and it seems a tad better, but I have seen a few issues still, so it is still not quite right.  A couple of times, for example, when I tried to watch a channel the image froze on the screen where the station is loading with the dots under the channel logo and, eventually, it actually caused my TV to reboot.  Last night, I tried to watch a saved show and it initially froze when loading that (black screen), but I went back and tried it again and I was able to watch it. 

So, progress, but not really there yet.

New Poster

I was having the same problem. I think it's a memory issue on the TV. I don't know what the onboard memory on the TV is but it doesn't seem to be enough. The Xfinity stream app (and all other apps for that matter) would start to hesitate when switching from app to app. You would change the volume and have to wait for it to work. It would freeze then reboot. I happened to have a stand alone ROKU device and have no issues with it. It has a micro SD card slot to expand the memory. When I first got the stand alone device it would do the same thing and the solution, according to roku, was to add an SD card. It solved the problem. This is long winded but I hope it helps.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation