Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFINITY Stream on Roku

New Poster

XFINITY Stream on Roku

I just purchased Roku in order to use XfinityStream in a location other than my home, where I am already an Xfinity Triple Play subscriber. I tested the Roku in home and the app worked well, albeit very limited use. When I took the Roku outside of my home network and attempted to log in to the XfinityStream app, it gave me the following error message:

DRM 403-102: This device can only access XFINITYStream on your in-home XFINITY WI-FI. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, anytime you like.

Is this a glitch or for real? It doesn't make sense to use it on my home Xfinity Wi-Fi when I can watch cable TV at home. I would like to use the app on Roku away from home and think it should no additional charge for customers already paying for cable TV service.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: XFINITY Stream on Roku

kkuhl7 wrote:

I just purchased Roku in order to use XfinityStream in a location other than my home, where I am already an Xfinity Triple Play subscriber. I tested the Roku in home and the app worked well, albeit very limited use. When I took the Roku outside of my home network and attempted to log in to the XfinityStream app, it gave me the following error message:

DRM 403-102: This device can only access XFINITYStream on your in-home XFINITY WI-FI. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, anytime you like.

Is this a glitch or for real? It doesn't make sense to use it on my home Xfinity Wi-Fi when I can watch cable TV at home. I would like to use the app on Roku away from home and think it should no additional charge for customers already paying for cable TV service.

The roku app only work while on your home network, its acts as a simpler additional set top box

More info here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-on-roku-faqs/

New Poster

Re: XFINITY Stream on Roku

Thank you for your response. Please consider this feedback, this is not how the majority of us want to use Roku. If we are already an Xfinity cable TV subscriber, we want to watch anywhere on any device, including Roku. Secondly, being that the app is in Beta form, I would like to test it outside of my home network to determine if I would pay additional for the service. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation