New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFINITY Stream on Roku

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 150 of 1,719
With the Roku app, there will be no need for any set top box period. There should also be no need for a HD service charge or DVR charge. That could save some close to $100 right there. Directv now is offering a streaming service for $35. Most Comcast customers pay well over $150 if not more. This is about letting us chose how we watch TV. Comcast needs to stop forcing their customers to rent their boxes. It's not right. I can buy my own modem...I should be able to buy my own set top box as well.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 151 of 1,719
That would be 10 boxes at 9.95 each, that sure is a lot of boxes. Have you ever thought about buying a TiVo? You can also use a HDhomeRun box and stream 3 tuners at the same time to 3 different computers. I still use my HDhomeRun and it works great, and it's a DVR.
And as far as I know if you want to watch high definition channels through the Roku box you still need to pay the HD Fee.
Think Customer First

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 152 of 1,719

Will still have to pay for HD through the Roku if it ever even gets here? I have to ask myself why i am paying for an extra set top box just to watch cable in my bedroom when direct TV or dish network will let me watch in 4 rooms at no extra charge and free installation. Changed my mind I am tired waiting goodbye Comcast..good luck guys..

Posted by
Contributor

Message 153 of 1,719

Rick,

It's unfortunate assumptions like you've made in your reply why I've decided to finally leave your company for PS VUE, and other streaming service cable. Our property has a guest home that has no physical address, and thus, comcast is unable to service that home seperatly, at least, wirelessly. Since you're company is forcing people to lease your modems, and be on your modems wifi, you've literally done nothing that the FCC is looking to force your company to do (comply with consumer choice) ; you maintain lease on modem, and insist on wifi, even though the tv-go portion is THE VIABLE workaround for access in remote locations, one of the main reasons people use roku's! 

To create a roku app, and force it to locate home wifi systems on your end is a terrible and horendous design desision that will make most people confused and irate at having to have waited this long FOR A VIABLE WAY TO WATCH TV THAT THEY PAY FOR IN THE AREAS THEY CHOOSE.

Unbeliavable.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 154 of 1,719
Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying but just so you know you do not need our Wi-Fi in order to use the app, you just need to be connected to the modem associated with that house. And like I said there are other devices that can be used as cable boxes to avoid rental charges.
If I could knock on doors and tell them to hurry up I would trust me. I'm sure the wait will be well worth it, I hope you can hang in there a bit longer.
Think Customer First

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 155 of 1,719
I need wireless service in two areas of my home that are not accessible for running cables.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 156 of 1,719

Rick,

You're forcing people to connect to comcast internet to watch TV via a ROKU.

That is a limitation, that for example TIme Warners ROKU app (now YEARS OLD), does not. 

I hope that helps you understand something I think is quite obviously problematic. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 157 of 1,719

Hi Rick,

My hopeful use for the Roku app will be to watch live TV in areas of my home where there aren't cable jacks. Monthly savings on renting extra boxes will also be appreciated, but mostly my need is for those other rooms. Currently I'm able to stream via tv.xfinity.com through PC's hooked up via HDMI, but the quality is lower than preferred for sports and other high-action live video. The same quality issue doesn't seem to happen on Android devices, which is why I'm hoping that the quality will be better on Roku.

While we wait, is there any way Comcast/Xfinity could open up support for HDMI output from Android? I have a few Android boxes that do not have a display, just an HDMI output, but they are not currently supported as the HDMI is picked up as mirroring. Since checking for an external display is a very simple task, is it possible for that to be disabled?

All that said, more people use Roku than Android boxes, and for my own uses Roku would be much easier (in-law suite, easier to teach an aging in-law how to use Roku than handing them a mouse and keyboard and teaching them android) so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that we'll see a Roku channel before 2017.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 158 of 1,719
I do software design for a living and when we implement something new like this we work with others in the "community" to find solutions. If my organization dragged its feet on delivering services that customers are already paying for, I wouldn't have a job. Comcast's developers should be embarrassed and Comcast should be looking to find some different talent if this is how long it takes for code to be written and tested under its current practices.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 159 of 1,719

please send me an invite to beta for the xfinity tv partner app for roku as well

Posted by
New Poster

Message 161 of 1,719
In mid November, I loaded the Xfinity app on my Roku. It was working great. A few days later all the content vanished.

What gives?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 162 of 1,719

Another customer here who is cautiously optimistic about this roll-out.

My environment is currently a Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH and 6 Ceton Echos...  I haven't had a box rental fee in forever, and I also enjoy the fact that I can mount the small Echo boxes directly to the back of the TV...

Given this advanced setup, it would be AWESOME to drop away from Windows 7 and onto the Roku, which would also remove the need to run Ethernet to a few of my recently installed TVs.

Mostly posting to keep up with this and be notified when it's finally released.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 163 of 1,719

Dlaney35 wrote:Good thing Playon has an xfinity app that works for those people who have to stick with comcast. I'll be moving over to directtv's streaming service, and leaving you guys in the dust, where you belong. 

Good luck with At&T-DirecTV Now after the initial sign-up discount when your bill will go sky high. You should also hope the Internet provider you'll use to access it has unlimited usage and doesn't pay too much attention to how much bandwidth you're actually using and forces you on to an expensive business plan.

BTW, I left DirecTV because they were too expensive and my local phone company because they could only offer 6MB DSL. Even after my initial 2 year special rate ended, I'm still paying less for Comcast than I was Frontier and DirecTV, far less.

And don't think I'm a fan of Comcast, I am not...not by any means.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 164 of 1,719

Dlaney35 wrote:

Rick,

You're forcing people to connect to comcast internet to watch TV via a ROKU.

That is a limitation, that for example TIme Warners ROKU app (now YEARS OLD), does not

I hope that helps you understand something I think is quite obviously problematic. 

Wrong.

From TWC's website:

"Can I use TWC TV® on the Roku while I’m away from home?"

"No. Live TV and On Demand shows and movies can be watched only inside your home and while you’re connected to your home network.

If you’re not at home, you can watch select On Demand and Live TV programming as long as you’re connected to WiFi. All you need is the free TWC TV® app and any approved device (smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.)."

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 165 of 1,719
Just want to bump this tread again. I'm sure I speak for most of us here when I say we'd like to stay with Comcast, but keeping us in the dark about an app you announced seven months ago simply isn't good enough.

The details are out on DirecTV Now, and it appears to solve many of the problems we were hoping this app would at a price that's comparable or better than yours. Are we afraid of price bumps or broken promises with DirecTV Now? Certainly. But I'm not sure how that would be any different from what we have now.

Rick, you seem like a nice feller, but cut the nonsense. Someone who knows something get out there and talk to us. Please do not let a changing of the guard at the FCC give you an excuse to abandon this project. Consumer choice is a far greater threat to you at this point.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 166 of 1,719

egnlsn wrote:
I was just told that this app would be out by the end of this year (in 2016 were the exact words), and that it would include the 4K content that is in the UHD Sampler app that is in Samsung and LG Smart TVs. We'll see...

I was told the same thing about a month ago of a by end of this year app release date.

I also asked if use of the Xfinity Roku app was going to count against our data caps (for those of us who have them, we do now..1.4TB per month). An important issue I haven't seen talked about so far. The answer was no, it would not. All other Roku use will continue to come our of our caps.

What I'm interested in seeing is what the effect of having 2 Roku boxes streaming live TV will have on Internet speed and functionality on my computer, tablet etc when I use them all at the same time. If I remember my amature Networking 101, each device uses half of the available network resources, ie: 3 devices, 1/3 of the network resources each etc.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 167 of 1,719

jstrickland1 wrote:

If xfinity doesn't do something soon, i will be switching to the new At&t streaming service "Directv Now".  I have Roku's all around the house, been looking forward to losing the cable boxes, also losing the extra fees especially since the bill keeps getting hire and xfinity can't figure out a way to lower.  I have been keeping my eyes open, watching for the availability of xfinity making use of Roku's and At&t's streaming service.  Looks like At&t is going to beat xfinity to the punch, $35 a month is looking pretty good if you ask me.

Don't expect $35 to give you all tiers of basic cable channel service, you'll get tier 1 + locals. I wouldn't count of much more than that. You'll pay extra for all the basic cable channels. And it won't be $35 forever. My bet is the monthly price will be close to what they charge for their regular satellite service, minus the equipment.

And there's also the Internet connection you'll need to access it and whatever data caps and over cap charges that may come with it. Do your reseach well before switching, the grass may not be greener on the other side of the hill.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 168 of 1,719

nooshp wrote:

So do we wait to buy the latest Roku?  Will the app require a newer version making anyone of the ones we would buy now obsolete?

I was told the app should work on pretty much all of the models at least as far back as the 2XS, which is my oldest one. My other 2 are an LT and a Roku 1. I haven't bought any of the other top of the line Roku's because they stopped putting composite video outputs on them and I don't have nor want to buy an HD TV.

That said, if you want to save money by buying a lower priced Roku model, you may want to wait until we know for sure what the app's requirements will be.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 169 of 1,719

Don't expect $35 to give you all tiers of basic cable channel service, you'll get tier 1 + locals. I wouldn't count of much more than that. You'll pay extra for all the basic cable channels. And it won't be $35 forever. My bet is the monthly price will be close to what they charge for their regular satellite service, minus the equipment.

And there's also the Internet connection you'll need to access it and whatever data caps and over cap charges that may come with it. Do your reseach well before switching, the grass may not be greener on the other side of the hill.

They rolled out the package lineups yesterday. The reguarly priced $35 tier is pretty robust, and early adopters get rolled into the $60 package at the $35 rate in perpetuity. CBS is notciably absent, but ABC, NBC and FOX are on the list. At any rate, I'm not sure how many cord cutter candidates are worried about broadcast. Comcast charges $70 a month for 25 Mbps down in most markets with a cap at a terrabyte. 1080p streaming eats up roughly 35 megabytes a minute. 1,000,000/34 = 29,411 minutes = ~490 hours. The average American watches 3 hours of TV a day, or 90 hours a month. So, you'll have plenty of bandwidth leftover unless you far outstrip the national average. So, $70 + 35, plus some fees gets you to $110 or so. My promotional deal with Comcast comes out to $115 once the HD fee is accounted for, and it doesn't have as many channels as the early adopter package at DirecTV Now. Smoke on the street is that DirecTV Now will have DVR in 2017, which will further weight the deal in its favor.

Will there be price hikes eventually? Of course. But the fine print doesn't spell out the sort of doubling or promotional pricing subject to planned inflation that I think you're talking about. At this point, if you're looking for a more maleable digital experience from a robust multichannel package, DirecTV Now is more than worth a look. If it doesn't work out, you can always come back to Comcast and get one of their promotional deals again. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 170 of 1,719

TheJazzHands wrote:
Just want to bump this tread again. I'm sure I speak for most of us here when I say we'd like to stay with Comcast, but keeping us in the dark about an app you announced seven months ago simply isn't good enough.

The details are out on DirecTV Now, and it appears to solve many of the problems we were hoping this app would at a price that's comparable or better than yours. Are we afraid of price bumps or broken promises with DirecTV Now? Certainly. But I'm not sure how that would be any different from what we have now.

Rick, you seem like a nice feller, but cut the nonsense. Someone who knows something get out there and talk to us. Please do not let a changing of the guard at the FCC give you an excuse to abandon this project. Consumer choice is a far greater threat to you at this point.

Comcastjessie updated this thread with a post pinned at the beginning

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 171 of 1,719

Comcastjessie updated this thread with a post pinned at the beginning

Thanks. Saw that post, but didn't notice the date. Glad to hear you're still aiming for 2016, but uh, it's the end of November, bruh. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 172 of 1,719

I know we are waiting for a Roku app, but is there an Apple TV app planned as well?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 173 of 1,719
My example was excessive, but I do have 7 boxes, a DVR fee and a HD fee. The cable card, HD Homerun , TiVo setup is definitely an option, but an expensive one to get off the ground. I'm also surprised to hear that we'll have to continue to pay an HD fee. HD is the standard now and not something we should have to pay extra for. It's like forcing a 4:3 ratio on a 16:9 TV, but saying "for $10 a month well get rid of those black pillars for you"... I kid of course, but it really is that ridiculous. When something becomes the standard, it should be included in the price. We should also be able to use any broadband provider we desire. I personally would stick with Comcast, but I feel it should be my choice.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 174 of 1,719

Every other cable provider in the country is on the list for almost all the Roku apps, except Comcast. Because God forbid you might get to watch a show you pay out the nose for without shelling out an extra $10 a month for another set top box. They might not be making enough money off you already! Not even MTV, Comedy Central, Discovery apps work with comcast. Basic cable stuff and you cant even sign in with Comcast to watch it. Leave & I bet you never look back. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 175 of 1,719

Did you read the last line of your reply? It clearly says  "you can watch select On Demand and Live TV programming as long as you’re connected to WiFi. All you need is the free TWC TV® app and any approved device (smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.)."

And you know why TWC lets you watch those things on any given WiFi? Because you're LOGGING IN and paying your cable bill to have those log in credentials. It shouldn't matter where I am, if I have a username and password to confirm I am a paying customer, I should be able to watch what I'm clearly paying for anywhere I please. 

That's where Comcast is completely buggering this whole thing. From the Roku app to not having contracts with many of the other apps & channels like Starz or getting rid of the Xbox app. If I have log in credentials and am paying a bill I should have rights as a paying customer. Instead they are telling everyone that if they aren't sitting at home on their home wifi then they can't watch. How did I get that username and password if I don't have an account? Sure, I suppose there are going to be some people who will share their credentials with a couple friends and wow, really Comcast, is that breaking the bank here? Is that really your reasoning for screwing up this whole ordeal for so long? Because its a really pathetic excuse. You could always limit the number of external devices that can be simultaneously used maybe? Or here's an idea....at least let me use apps I'm clearly paying for with my subscription. Every small and obsolete cable company in the country can make it happen, but not the Goliath. They have enough money to not listen to their consumers. Pathetic. 

Hearing that I won't be able to use my Roku while traveling on business, or just wherever the heck i please, means that I am leaving Comcast. Immediately. Good Riddance!

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 176 of 1,719

So we can't take our comcast service with us using the roku stick like people subscribed to TWC can? Thats the biggie for me, I have to spend 2-3 days a week as a 24/7 care giver for my grandma and I really want to be able to put my own shows on while I'm at my grandparents because they only have basic cable and internet. It's especially annoying because comcast doesn't offer full access to all the channels I get through comcast with their apps like most other major providers do. Seems like you guys are the worst at addressing this niche that other providers do meet. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 177 of 1,719

TWC calls out "Select live programming and On-demand" which we also have. http://tv.xfinity.com and the xfinity TV app on android both allow for watching of select live channels and on-demand, but not 100% of your stations. I'd imagine (and this is just a guess) that the Roku app would work the same. The TV Go channels offered by the Xfinity TV app will probably work outside of your home on Roku too.

I could be completely wrong, but I have some experience with traveling with Xfinity and if they're doing it with their other apps, why not this Roku channel?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 178 of 1,719

In my last post I was referring to watching things outside of your Xfinity connected home. Both the android app and tv.xfinity.com both offer all channels while you're at home.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 179 of 1,719
When the app releases, will watching count against these (very untimely) data caps that have been imposed in some areas?

I've purchased a Roku for EVERY room once the announcement came, but since then we've been given a hard-to-manage data cap for a family constantly watching TV via streaming. If the new app (which is already late) will clash with the data caps, it's practically useless for families.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 180 of 1,719
That question was answered earlier, it will not count against your data cap.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 181 of 1,719

Regarding the Cloud DVR feature: Would there be an extra charge/fee to use this feature with your existing Comcast service?  Or will this be free?

Regarding PEG Channels: Will this app feature the same PEG channels for our local municipalities (for example, our area of Monterey Peninsula & Salinas, California) or would we get something "regional" instead (like San Francisco channels instead of local PEG channels for our area)?

Regarding the app for Samsung TVs: Will this app only be available for 2016 Samsung TV models?  Or all Samsung Smart TVs that use the Tizen OS app system?

Thanks very much in advance for whatever answers you can provide.  I too have been waiting since Spring for this app to materialize.  I am not holding my breath for it, but I will be very happy to see it appear in my Roku app menu before Christmas.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 182 of 1,719

parker63 wrote:

Regarding the Cloud DVR feature: Would there be an extra charge/fee to use this feature with your existing Comcast service?  Or will this be free?

Regarding PEG Channels: Will this app feature the same PEG channels for our local municipalities (for example, our area of Monterey Peninsula & Salinas, California) or would we get something "regional" instead (like San Francisco channels instead of local PEG channels for our area)?

Regarding the app for Samsung TVs: Will this app only be available for 2016 Samsung TV models?  Or all Samsung Smart TVs that use the Tizen OS app system?

Thanks very much in advance for whatever answers you can provide.  I too have been waiting since Spring for this app to materialize.  I am not holding my breath for it, but I will be very happy to see it appear in my Roku app menu before Christmas.

Roku availability date has not been announced.

Cloud DVR feature is free, as long as you are paying on the bill for an Anyroom (x1 is anyroom) DVR. If you are in a package that includes all your DVR equipment so that there is no individual charge for the DVR, then Comcast charges approximately $10 as 'anyroom DVR'. It may not be intuitive but that is currently how the billing system is set up (happened to me).

Your channels will match your subscription with exception of TVGO (as I understand previous posts the Roku will not work on your account if not on your home internet network).

I can't answer the Samsung as it is out of my wheel-house in experience.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 183 of 1,719

Thanks!

First time checking the forums and I figured somebody could answer my question before I dug up an answer myself. I did end up reading the whole thread just now anyway for as much information as I could find (which was essentially nothing that far beyond the initial press release).

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 184 of 1,719

Can we expect the app interface to mirror that of the X1 platform? I'm trying to get a feel for what to expect so I can be prepared to teach my older parents how to navigate.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 185 of 1,719

dcburnquist wrote:

Can we expect the app interface to mirror that of the X1 platform? I'm trying to get a feel for what to expect so I can be prepared to teach my older parents how to navigate.

The interface will be very familiar to those with X1. There are sections for Saved, Live TV, On Demand, Settings etc. with similar sub menus to X1.  The guide looks nearly identical. As a new product, it won't yet have all the bells and whistles of X1 and the Roku remote is a bit limiting compared to the X1 remote. But it is quite impressive and I really think you'll enjoy it once released (soon!). 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 186 of 1,719
Thanks for the reply! I've been looking forward to ditching TiVo and using nohing but Roku devices for all our content. It SOUNDS like you still expect it to launch in 2016 as promised, so I'm excited for that.

I did want some clarification on a few things if you have the answers.

It seems like it won't count against data caps which should be expected, but I've read across the internet that the Xfinity TV apps on mobile all DO count against data caps unless you have X1 and use it's feature-set.

I guess my question is, if connected to our home network, are there any circumstances under which our data WILL be used (Roku, Android, iOS, Xfinity TV website, etc.)? I don't subscribe to X1 or "anyroom" as it was referred to earlier in this thread.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 187 of 1,719

I know you can't give an official release date, but its almost the end of the year.  Now is the time Roku's may start going on sale before christmas.   I would like the purchase a second Roku if I knew the app was going to be released in a couple weeks. Can we get some kinda of hint other than 'before the end of the year'.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 188 of 1,719

dcburnquist wrote:
Thanks for the reply! I've been looking forward to ditching TiVo and using nohing but Roku devices for all our content. It SOUNDS like you still expect it to launch in 2016 as promised, so I'm excited for that.

I did want some clarification on a few things if you have the answers.

It seems like it won't count against data caps which should be expected, but I've read across the internet that the Xfinity TV apps on mobile all DO count against data caps unless you have X1 and use it's feature-set.

I guess my question is, if connected to our home network, are there any circumstances under which our data WILL be used (Roku, Android, iOS, Xfinity TV website, etc.)? I don't subscribe to X1 or "anyroom" as it was referred to earlier in this thread.

Comcast has stated many times that use of the linear channels, viewing DVR recordings, watching on-demand (not including the TVGO channels) is not counted (industry calls that zero-rated) toward your cap useage. Any logged in use of xfinitywifi SSID hotspots is counted although some say you can use it free for a month that doesn't count toward the Cap. Note that use of the X1 set top box Apps do count (like pandora).

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 189 of 1,719
Hi Rustybin. Just wanted ask a favor. First, your posts ARE APPRECIATED. Second, if it's not too difficult on your end, including any verified sources would go a long way to minimizing any potential misunderstandings surrounding this anticipated product.

AGAIN, your posts are regarded as reputable and credible outside Comcast.

Thanks for your efforts!!!!
Posted by
Contributor

Message 190 of 1,719
Hopefully this comes out this month. I would save quite a bit every month not having to rent boxes.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 191 of 1,719
I'm just adding my "squeaky wheel" post. I don't rent an HD receiver, not do I think I should be forced to in an HD only world. The only way I can watch HD content is to hook my laptop up to my Roku TV. It's a cumbersome user experience. I'd be happy to start using a clearly labled beta, regardless of missing features.
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 192 of 1,719

If you are not paying for HD service, you may not be allowed to view HD streams with any app.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 193 of 1,719

And who is going to be able to beta test it anyway if and when it actually makes it to that phase? Or will that be another long drawn out process? All empty words since this seems to be all hearsay.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 194 of 1,719
HowAboutThisOne wrote:

And who is going to be able to beta test it anyway if and when it actually makes it to that phase? Or will that be another long drawn out process? All empty words since this seems to be all hearsay.

Past experience tells us that Comcast does the beta before it is rolled out - sometimes they put it in Comcast Labs for us to try.

But you already knew that.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 195 of 1,719

RobertWy wrote:

Past experience tells us that Comcast does the beta before it is rolled out - sometimes they put it in Comcast Labs for us to try.

In-house would be alpha.

CIAO!

Ed N.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 196 of 1,719

RobertWy wrote:

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Nothing will be going in Comcast Labs for the Roku app. The Roku/Xfinity app will only run on Roku devices, and will have nothing to do with Comcast Labs, so no, I really don't know what Comcast has in store for their beta test. Just empty promises since the announcement this past April.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 197 of 1,719

I don't have an HD Set-Top Box.. but I can still watch HD on-demand.  So, maybe you will be able to watch HD via the Roku App..

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 198 of 1,719

ComcastRick wrote:
I asked about the beta and he said it's a open beta to all customers. We should be on track for 12/12 unless roku does not give the certification.

Glad to see I was wrong.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 199 of 1,719
Hopefully, the channels will be at the resolution the content provider originally provides to Comcast. 1080p for all would be even better.

CIAO!

Ed N.
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 200 of 1,719

Is the HD limited to broadcast channels, or also regular cable channels? The HD Tech Fee isn't required for Limited Basic. Otherwise, it sounds like a bit of a loophole that Comcast may close someday.