Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFINITY Stream on Roku

New Poster

Re: XFINITY Stream on Roku

How do I set this up correctly in my situation? I have a cable TV package and an internet package, but they are necessarily on two different accounts. (The TV account is tied to my apartment unit and will be handed back to building management if I ever move out. The internet account is tied to me personally instead. I can't combine them.) When I authorize my Roku under my TV account, it seems to recognize my TV package but says I'm not on Xfinity internet (though I am) and makes me exit the app. When I authorize my Roku under my internet account, it seems happy until I actually try to watch anything at all, and then says a "subscription" is required. (Even for local Network Affiliate channels). Thanks.

New Poster

Love the Xfinity stream app on phone and tablet, but this add about Roku is misleading. I travel on business regularly and purchased a Roku specifically for this app. I did the log in. Got a message that the app is only available if connected to my home Xfinity wifi! If that is the case, then the Xfinity stream app on Roku is useless.  Called xfinity help, they had no answer. Tried mirroring my phone to TV both via a device connected to my phone via Bluetooth as well as connecting phone directly to the tv with an adapter and a HDMI cable. Got a ridiculous message requiring I disconnect from the device if I want to stream. I don't understand why Xfinity is restricting me to watch only on a phone, tablet, or laptop. For the amount of money I pay for my cable, ability to mirror to a larger screen is a small ask!

Service Expert

LacMac wrote:

Love the Xfinity stream app on phone and tablet, but this add about Roku is misleading. I travel on business regularly and purchased a Roku specifically for this app. I did the log in. Got a message that the app is only available if connected to my home Xfinity wifi! If that is the case, then the Xfinity stream app on Roku is useless.  Called xfinity help, they had no answer. Tried mirroring my phone to TV both via a device connected to my phone via Bluetooth as well as connecting phone directly to the tv with an adapter and a HDMI cable. Got a ridiculous message requiring I disconnect from the device if I want to stream. I don't understand why Xfinity is restricting me to watch only on a phone, tablet, or laptop. For the amount of money I pay for my cable, ability to mirror to a larger screen is a small ask!

the Roku can run the Stream TV app while connected to the home wifi only. The purpose of the app is to allow you to not have an additional set top box (owned) and is currently free. Any of your smart devices can view all of your recordings, much of the on-demand library, and any of the TVgo channels. Also you can download completed recordings onto your smart devices (android and iOS).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Just remember that at some point, Comcast/Xfinity will charge almost the same as the rentasl fee they require you to use, to use this app. So if you already have boxes, this app will not save you money in the future.
Regular Contributor

asndad wrote:
Just remember that at some point, Comcast/Xfinity will charge almost the same as the rentasl fee they require you to use, to use this app. So if you already have boxes, this app will not save you money in the future.

But how many will actually pay for it. Not me, not when the other cable companies don't charge for their Roku apps.

Regular Visitor

How do you provide feedback to the developers?

Like the app so far but would like fast forward to scroll the video not just move the timeline
New Poster

I've been using the APP since it first came out and have always had local channels.  In the last few weeks, the locals have disappeared.  All the other channels remain, including premium.  Is there some trick to getting locals back?   I've tried the usual stuff (reactivating, deleting/reinstalling)...

Thanks.

Service Expert

DarrellH wrote:

I've been using the APP since it first came out and have always had local channels.  In the last few weeks, the locals have disappeared.  All the other channels remain, including premium.  Is there some trick to getting locals back?   I've tried the usual stuff (reactivating, deleting/reinstalling)...

Thanks.

does your desk/laptop or smart device have those channels available?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon