members

online now

discussions

XFINITY Stream on Roku

Contributor

Re: XFINITY Stream on Roku

Rustyben wrote:

BetaUser wrote:

The first time I setup the Xfinity Stream on Roku it worked perfectly.  However, the next day it did not work anymore.  There was an error received that would not allow me to view the channels.

The error code is "DRM.-3"  Please assist

from my post just above yours... please logout of the app, Then uninstall it (again). then remove the Roku for 30+ seconds and plug it back in. reinstall, login again. Does the app work now?

Unfortunately, this solution did not work for me on any of our Roku Ultras. I still get the DRM-3 error after about 6 minutes of watching.

More details in another thread here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Roku-xfinity-stream-beta-Error-DRM-3/m-p/2978698#M9915

Please let me know what else we can try. We are now paying for the XFinity Stream service with the extra Entertainment pack, but cannot watch any shows reliably at this time on any of our Roku devices.

Thank you.

Service Expert

Re: roku

KLAttleboro wrote:

Up until last week, my Roku with the Xfinity Beta app was fine. Now it connects and after about 5 minutes, goes back to the Roku home screen. When you reconnect the same thing happens. This has been, as I said, going on since about last week. What is up?  It was fine before this. Is anyone else having this problem? Other channels function just fine.

try unplugging from the HDMI jack and after 30 seconds reconnect. working now?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Not able to stream on ROKU

Hello anilkumarkar, you do not need to have rented equipment from Comcast for your app on the Roku to read that you're connected to your home network. Please reboot your modem, and restart your Roku then make sure your home Wi-Fi is selected as the data source in order to clear up the "in home error message".

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Contributor

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

BetaUser wrote:

The first time I setup the Xfinity Stream on Roku it worked perfectly.  However, the next day it did not work anymore.  There was an error received that would not allow me to view the channels.

The error code is "DRM.-3"  Please assist

from my post just above yours... please logout of the app, Then uninstall it (again). then remove the Roku for 30+ seconds and plug it back in. reinstall, login again. Does the app work now?

Unfortunately, this solution did not work for me on any of our Roku Ultras. I still get the DRM-3 error after about 6 minutes of watching.

More details in another thread here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Roku-xfinity-stream-beta-Error-DRM-3/m-p/2978698#M9915

Please let me know what else we can try. We are now paying for the XFinity Stream service with the extra Entertainment pack, but cannot watch any shows reliably at this time on any of our Roku devices.

Thank you.

Per my post here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Roku-xfinity-stream-beta-Error-DRM-3/m-p/2979399#M9936

'So last night we tried watching a couple of the same shows again on one of our Roku Ultras. We were able to watch two full episodes of Garage Rehap on Discovery, and about 30 minutes of First 48 on A&E with no DRM errors.

Not sure if Comcast did something on their end, but this was a plesant surprise.

For reference we had not rebooted our Rokus at all. They were all in the same state as when we previously received the DRM. -3 errors.'

New Poster

I called to check on what package deals were available and learned about the Xfinity Steam app for Roku.  As we already have Roku boxes, so I was excited to try it out.  It was nice to be able to watch live TV and recorded shows, but there are some big usability issues to sort out before it can be a solid replacement for the regular boxes.

First, the interface for finding shows/channels is slow and combersome.  Scrolling through the full list of channels is an annoying way to find what you want.  The standard grid view doesn't seem to be a good fit for the platform.  The categories are a bit of a help (when they work, nothing is loading currently), but there aren't enough to cover everything, and losing the sidebar view of active sports games is disapointing.  Entering channels by name/number is buried and awkward to input.  Supporting a list of favorite channels would help here, as would a proper search or supporting text/number entry from the Roku remote app.  It sort of works, but the text didn't show up until I entered another button on screen.  Likewise, the "Browse" section needs better search capabilities as well.  

Next, skipping forward/backward in a recoded program is pretty terrible.  There is no thumbnail showing what is going on, so you have to blindly guess.  Look at how Netflix or HBO handles scrubbing, it works wonderfully.

Related, there appears to be no way to pause or scrub while watching live TV.  That is a step backwards from the standard set top box.

A minor annoyance, channels that aren't available in HD only show up as 4/3 with black bars on the side.  On the normal box, you can choose how to zoom/stretch to fill the screen.  This is annoying on old shows that faked wide screen with bars on the top and bottom.  The result is a shrunken picture and no way to change it.

On top of all that, while looking for the place to leave this feedback I learned that the app will cost nearly the same as having the regular boxes once the app leaves beta status.  And it won't work outside of my house on a trip or anything.  Seems like either the charge is for the service, so it shouldn't matter where I use it, or the charge is for the hardware, so if I use my own I shouldn't pay it.

The app is a great idea, and shows promise, but has quite a ways to go in terms of functionality to be really competetive, and hopefully they reconsider charging customers to use our own hardware.  They want people watching and push things like streaming on your phone, why put a barrier in front between eyeballs and the content here?

Frequent Visitor

The past week I've had to reauthorize for DRM errors probably 10 or more times, pretty much every single time I've opened the app. This really needs to be fixed and makes using the app incredibly annoying. Even trying to open it only a couple of hours later it will give a DRM error and force me to reauthorize.

New Poster

I don't think these errors have anything to do with the Roku Xfinity app itself, but rather with whatever server Xfinity is using to authorize access to content, which they don't appear to be able to keep running properly.  While the mysterious "DRM: -3" error is happening, it appears that one can access none of the other bundled subscription offerings.

Attempting to watch tonight's recording of American Horror Story (as recorded by the X1 cloud DVR) returned the dreaded "DRM: -3" error, so the logical next choice would be to watch it on FXNow (which is bundled and normally works fine).  However, the FXNow app will suddenly pretend to know nothing about the arrangement.  As do pretty much any other premium channel streaming apps.  At any other time these will work just fine but what's happening simply reeks of the problem being whatever authorization mechanism Xfinity is using is falling over and not authorizing anyone to access anything.

New Poster

I hope that one of the Comcast employees actually responds and solves my problem -- in the next 24 hours -- because otherwise I will  DUMP COMCAST and switch to Verizon Fios.  

Comcast phone support is grossly incompetent.   And this thread goes on for 35 pages which demonstrates how bad the app is; how many customers are angry at your incompetence; and how your apps and equipment don't work.

I have called about this no less than 4 times, and the tech support staff has absolutely no idea that there is such an app or what to do.

The line "HD Technology Fee" appears on my bill.  As for the recommendation to call tech support and "verify that the Roku is added to your account 'on an outlet' " -- tech support says that is flatly wrong and does not apply.

With this level of incompetence, what should I do?  

Here is my problem -- when using the beta version of the Xfinity Stream app for Roku:

When I click on LIVE TV -- I get this error message -- Error getChannelMap.400

When I click on BROWSE -- I get this error message -- Error onChannelListFetched.400

I HAVE TRIED TWO DIFFERENT ROKU ULTRA UNITS AND THEY BOTH GET THESE ERROR MESSAGES.  So there is no need to tell me to delete the app and reinstall it.  Done that.  There is no need to tell me to unplug the Roku and log back in.  Done that, with two different units.  There is no need to tell me to check for the HD line on my bill.  Done.

So what is a customer to do when Comcast tech support is so incompetent that 4 different tech support staffers have no clue what this is about or how to fix it?  What is a customer to do when Comcast tech support says that the recommendations in this forum are flatly wrong?

Verizon Fios looks better and better.  That is my conclusion.

I am out of patience, so Comcast has 24 hours to respond and fix the issue.  Otherwise I am gone.

As for everyone else who reads this thread, you should do the same -- DUMP COMCAST -- unless you a glutton for punishment.

Service Expert

Never_Works wrote:

I hope that one of the Comcast employees actually responds and solves my problem -- in the next 24 hours -- because otherwise I will  DUMP COMCAST and switch to Verizon Fios.  

Comcast phone support is grossly incompetent.   And this thread goes on for 35 pages which demonstrates how bad the app is; how many customers are angry at your incompetence; and how your apps and equipment don't work.

I have called about this no less than 4 times, and the tech support staff has absolutely no idea that there is such an app or what to do.

The line "HD Technology Fee" appears on my bill.  As for the recommendation to call tech support and "verify that the Roku is added to your account 'on an outlet' " -- tech support says that is flatly wrong and does not apply.

With this level of incompetence, what should I do?  

Here is my problem -- when using the beta version of the Xfinity Stream app for Roku:

When I click on LIVE TV -- I get this error message -- Error getChannelMap.400

When I click on BROWSE -- I get this error message -- Error onChannelListFetched.400

I HAVE TRIED TWO DIFFERENT ROKU ULTRA UNITS AND THEY BOTH GET THESE ERROR MESSAGES.  So there is no need to tell me to delete the app and reinstall it.  Done that.  There is no need to tell me to unplug the Roku and log back in.  Done that, with two different units.  There is no need to tell me to check for the HD line on my bill.  Done.

So what is a customer to do when Comcast tech support is so incompetent that 4 different tech support staffers have no clue what this is about or how to fix it?  What is a customer to do when Comcast tech support says that the recommendations in this forum are flatly wrong?

Verizon Fios looks better and better.  That is my conclusion.

I am out of patience, so Comcast has 24 hours to respond and fix the issue.  Otherwise I am gone.

As for everyone else who reads this thread, you should do the same -- DUMP COMCAST -- unless you a glutton for punishment. 

Hi, I'm a customer like you but have no Roku. The Roku is a beta program and strictly voluntary and has no charge at the moment. This mega-thread is to keep all the beta Roku Stream posts in one area. The 400 code appears to be a reply from the Comcast web page meaning the standard request for a web page (data) failed or was corrupted in transit. Many issues could affect this from ambient noise in the RF spectrum, crowded RF band being used by the router, low signal level, etc. 

The normal logout, uninstall, unplug, reinstall, and login is unlikely to fix that problem. More likely is that the Roku can't reliably (at the time) access the internet. If the problem happens often, moving the router closer to the Roku, using a range extender, repeater, or other access point nearer to the Roku might work as would an ethernet connection if available.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

The below statement is erroneous, and like everyone else at Comcast, puts the blame on the other company's device, rather than accepting responsibility for pushing a defective Comcast product that results in 35 pages of complaints.  This is the standard by which bogus companies operate -- blame the other guy instead of taking responsibility for your own failed products.

You said "More likely is that the Roku can't reliably (at the time) access the internet."  You suggest using ethernet.

The Roku is already connected through ethernet.  No wireless signal.  The internet works just fine on all devices in my home, which are a combination of hardwired and wireless.

The main point is that other apps work just fine on the Roku, and they are downloading 4K HDR movies.  There is not a single stutter or pause with those apps when watching data intensive 4k movies.  Apps that are part of Tivo also work very well with no problems.

The Roku Ultra works just fine, and in fact has excellent performance with any other app, like Netflix, Amazon, or Vudu.

Only one app fails, and that is the Xfinity app.  So let's put the blame where it belongs -- solidly on Comcast for pushing a profoundly flawed and defective app.

No wonder millions of people are dumping Comcast and cutting the cord.  A company that produces garbage like this app does not deserve our support, let alone our money.

I am still waiting for a Comcast employee to respond.

New Poster

Xfinity streaming on Roku

Today I noticed that while streaming live TV on Roku, while I am watching a channel, a few minutes later it knocks back to the main Roku menu.  We've also noticed internet interruptions with our WiFi connection.   Is there being maintenance done locally (southern Franklin County, PA)

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity streaming on Roku

sheilacats wrote:

Today I noticed that while streaming live TV on Roku, while I am watching a channel, a few minutes later it knocks back to the main Roku menu.  We've also noticed internet interruptions with our WiFi connection.   Is there being maintenance done locally (southern Franklin County, PA)

Hi, I moved your post to the Roku mega-thread. If you use the Xfinity My Account app it will tell you when you open it about any service maintenance being done in your area as well as reported outages. you might try unplugging and after 30 seconds or so reconnecting the Roku to the power and TV HDMI port (a hard reboot). 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Noticed yesterday that the shows are not updating. Meaning DC's Legends of Tomorrow says there are 4 episodes but when you click on it only 1 episode is there from Season 3, last week, and two season 2 episodes. This weeks episode is not there. The same with NCIS and Bull tv show.. 

Service Expert

DavidLat wrote:

Noticed yesterday that the shows are not updating. Meaning DC's Legends of Tomorrow says there are 4 episodes but when you click on it only 1 episode is there from Season 3, last week, and two season 2 episodes. This weeks episode is not there. The same with NCIS and Bull tv show.. 

if you are speaking of recordings do the recordings you are missing show up on the home X1 equipment? do the missing episodes show up on the streaming website or on a smart device using the Xfinity Stream TV app?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Roku keeps cutting out Xfinity Beta App

Roku keeps cutting out after a few minutes while using the Xfinity Beta App no matter what Xfinity channel is on, especially QVC and HSN. Sometimes there is no error code, and sometimes there is. However, the other Roku non-Xfinity Beta App channels are fine including QVC and HSN. What is the problem? I did the remove/unistall/re-authorize. 

I guess Comcast is getting ready to charge us for the app use on Roku, so they are doing this so we don't use it now? We still have to pay for Comcast service in order to use the app at all, and the FTC and FCC should be involved in approving any Comcast charges. 

New Poster

ESPN channels on Roku Xfinity app are blocked

ESPN network channels are blocked on all of my Roku devices via Xfinity Stream app...displays the vertical rainbow bars, no sound.  No problems watching ESPN on X1 box or via ESPN app on Roku.  So I have to watch ESPN via ESPN app instead of via Xfinity Stream App on Roku (which is what I'll do if Comcast begins charging me an access fee after the beta is over).  Also unable to watch ESPN recordings on Roku via Xfinity Stream App.  I have 3 Rokus, all with the same problem...works fine over both cable boxes & on desktop.

Service Expert

Re: ESPN channels on Roku Xfinity app are blocked

docmgmatt wrote:

ESPN network channels are blocked on all of my Roku devices via Xfinity Stream app...displays the vertical rainbow bars, no sound.  No problems watching ESPN on X1 box or via ESPN app on Roku.  So I have to watch ESPN via ESPN app instead of via Xfinity Stream App on Roku (which is what I'll do if Comcast begins charging me an access fee after the beta is over).  Also unable to watch ESPN recordings on Roku via Xfinity Stream App.  I have 3 Rokus, all with the same problem...works fine over both cable boxes & on desktop.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Correction to my previous post: ESPN channels are blocked on the app via my mobile device as well as on my PC.  Only way to view ESPN without cable box on any of my devices is via WatchESPN app.

Service Expert

docmgmatt wrote:

Correction to my previous post: ESPN channels are blocked on the app via my mobile device as well as on my PC.  Only way to view ESPN without cable box on any of my devices is via WatchESPN app.

the Comcasst employee that assists you due to the escalation will be able to refresh your account, however if you want to try you can call 800-Comcast and select billing. Ask the representative to do a deep background account refresh (will take up to an hour to complete). 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert
Moved:

Service Expert
Moved:

Beta app vs dvr

New Poster

ive been using the the xfinity beta for months now on roku. it's been working great until about a month ago. I am only able to watch a few minutes of a show and then I get kicked out to the main roku screen. I reactivated the app with the number code and the same thing happened.
Please help. thank you
Service Expert

Mstooth wrote:
ive been using the the xfinity beta for months now on roku. it's been working great until about a month ago. I am only able to watch a few minutes of a show and then I get kicked out to the main roku screen. I reactivated the app with the number code and the same thing happened.
Please help. thank you

what is the error text and number?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I am having a similar problem with Roku Xfinity Beta App and Xfinity Stream on PC w/Browser.   All ESPN channels are only available in standard definition.   All other available channels will display in HD.  They also automatically tune to HD if the channels are available. 

I have tried tuning into both SD and HD channels for ESPN and I only recieve in SD format for any ESPN channel.

Frequent Visitor

Need an option to make Live TV the default when the Roku app is opened. Otherwise, it's great!
Contributor

Re: XFINITY Stream on Roku - Starz

I'm not sure what changed, but I'm finally getting Starz in HD using the Roku.  This is definitely a step up in quality.

New Poster

Getting the same thing here. All other Roku channels are fine
Service Expert

Smoreeng wrote:
Getting the same thing here. All other Roku channels are fine

since you did not quote another post, your post has no standalone problem stated. What problem/issue do you have with the Roku and Xfinity Stream TV app?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Roku Beta Watch Last No Longer Working

I get a DRM-3 error. Is their a known fix? 

Service Expert

Re: Roku Beta Watch Last No Longer Working

pchristy wrote:

I get a DRM-3 error. Is their a known fix? 

Hi, I moved your post to the Roku mega-thread. the DRM-3 is removed by a process of having your device disappear from the system. The DRM-3 apparently means the device is blocked by one of the devices in the path from Xfinity to your TV. To fix, log out of your account on the Xfinity Stream TV app on the Roku and uninstall the app. Unplug the Roku device from the TV and remove power from the Roku for 30 seconds or so. Plug back into the TV, download the app again and log in. working now?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

when will the Apple TV version come?

New Poster

Agree with this Xfinity customer. We are already paying for the service so we should be able to watch via Roku from anywhere for no additional charge. Even in the beta app, I got an error message that I cannot use this service outside of my Xfinity home network. This is ridiculous, why would I need/want to use Roku when I can watch my cable at home.

New Poster

This happens to me too. Agree, it is very annoying and needs to be fixed.

Contributor

Re: XFINITY Stream on Roku - Variable resolution on demand movies

When I browse for on demand movies such as from TCM, many movies are come in fine but a number seem to come in at very low resolution (sub-360). For example TCM currently is showing "Woman of the Year," and it is terrible to watch. But then I select a movie right next to it and it comes in just fine (1080).

Service Expert

kkuhl7 wrote:

Agree with this Xfinity customer. We are already paying for the service so we should be able to watch via Roku from anywhere for no additional charge. Even in the beta app, I got an error message that I cannot use this service outside of my Xfinity home network. This is ridiculous, why would I need/want to use Roku when I can watch my cable at home.

set top box replacement (customer owned) Roku is free while in beta and will only work in home like any set top box on your account. You pay for 'outlets' (TV's). If you want an HDMI connection you can use a suitable lap/desktop computer with HDMI connector that will use the TV as a monitor. Outside of your home (while not connected to your home wifi) you can view the TVgo channels on a portable smart device or via a browser using the Xfinity streaming website.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

kkuhl7 wrote:

This happens to me too. Agree, it is very annoying and needs to be fixed.

since you did not quote the post to which you are replying, it is impossible to understand your problem. Would you reply with your problem and equipment you are using?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hello! It appears I finally found the right group to talk to. I'm happy with my Roku xfinity beta service and look forward to it expanding. My challenge is that I wanted to add a channel package to my existing limited channel selection and I was unable to add it myself. I reached out via chat and phone to see if they could help and I feel like either they were confused on my request or I am confused by their answer. They told me I am unable to add channels as they are not yet available in my area. Could be true. I don't actually know. Feels strange that a streaming program would have have areas of availability, but then again I'm not the expert. Hoping someone could shed some light on the situation for me. Thanks in advance!
Service Expert

smitty885 wrote:
Hello! It appears I finally found the right group to talk to. I'm happy with my Roku xfinity beta service and look forward to it expanding. My challenge is that I wanted to add a channel package to my existing limited channel selection and I was unable to add it myself. I reached out via chat and phone to see if they could help and I feel like either they were confused on my request or I am confused by their answer. They told me I am unable to add channels as they are not yet available in my area. Could be true. I don't actually know. Feels strange that a streaming program would have have areas of availability, but then again I'm not the expert. Hoping someone could shed some light on the situation for me. Thanks in advance!

go to this Xfinity address and after logging in you will see the channel options in packages available to your area.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

So, if I see no options listed should I conclude the information I received was correct? There are no additional channels beyond the limited basic I'm receiving?
Service Expert

smitty885 wrote:
So, if I see no options listed should I conclude the information I received was correct? There are no additional channels beyond the limited basic I'm receiving?

are you by chance in a condo owner's association that provides that limited basic channel lineup?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'm in a single family home. I was an x1 customer until recently and I had all the channels.
Service Expert

smitty885 wrote:
I'm in a single family home. I was an x1 customer until recently and I had all the channels.

well to get channels you would need to signup as a customer. 800-Comcast can help you with that.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

But, I am a customer... I have internet and the Xfinity stream app of which I get limited basic channels and HBO included in said package.
Service Expert

smitty885 wrote:
But, I am a customer... I have internet and the Xfinity stream app of which I get limited basic channels and HBO included in said package.

yes but it is a free subscription offered to Xfinity internet-only customers to let them sample what having a cable bundle experience could be like. Any package is available to install using the set top boxes or even the Instant TV from Xfinity. (no set top boxes needed, just uses your own internet).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Ah, very good. That explains quite a bit. Thanks for information!
New Poster

Roku

Can I use my streaming tv app on my roku at a different location where there is no xfinity with my tv package

Contributor

What is the expected audlo output for XFINITY Stream on Roku?

Netflix, Vudu, and Amazon usually output at 5.1 or 7.1 audio according to my Yamaha AV.  Xfinity Streap App for Roku outputs PCM 2.0 for everything I've tried.  I thought, it used to output up to 5.1, so this might be recent change.  Are others still seeing 5.1 and 7.1 audio output?  I recently updated to Roku 8.0, so maybe Xfinity has an issue with the updated Roku OS.

Service Expert

Re: Roku

kreyn74 wrote:

Can I use my streaming tv app on my roku at a different location where there is no xfinity with my tv package

currently the only stream app access is from the home internet so it would not work anywhere else (Xfinity Stream app). the operation of the other apps on the Roku would not be affected.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

Re: What is the expected audlo output for XFINITY Stream on Roku?

tasewell wrote:

Netflix, Vudu, and Amazon usually output at 5.1 or 7.1 audio according to my Yamaha AV.  Xfinity Streap App for Roku outputs PCM 2.0 for everything I've tried.  I thought, it used to output up to 5.1, so this might be recent change.  Are others still seeing 5.1 and 7.1 audio output?  I recently updated to Roku 8.0, so maybe Xfinity has an issue with the updated Roku OS.

for information, how is the Roku's audio getting to your receiver? Does the Roku work being plugged into the AV's HDMI inputs and then the video gets properly routed to the TV?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Re: What is the expected audlo output for XFINITY Stream on Roku?

Rustyben wrote:

tasewell wrote:

for information, how is the Roku's audio getting to your receiver? Does the Roku work being plugged into the AV's HDMI inputs and then the video gets properly routed to the TV?

Roku <--HDMI--> AV <--HDMI--> Projector