Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1601 of 1,607
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1602 of 1,607
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1603 of 1,607

It would be great to see the Roku 2 xs (3100) added to the list soon.

Also, improved training for support staff regarding Roku compatibility would be helpful. I had an excessively long online chat to find out two things: 1) the Showtime Roku App is not available for Comcast Showtime Subscribers and 2) I was getting an error message when trying to download the Xfinity Stream Beta App because my Roku 2 was the wrong Roku 2 model (I was unaware there was more than one Roku 2 model). I suppose I could have gone to Roku support; however, Comcast online staff should be able to quickly diagnose and provide this information.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1604 of 1,607

Pluamb wrote:

It would be great to see the Roku 2 xs (3100) added to the list soon.

Also, improved training for support staff regarding Roku compatibility would be helpful. I had an excessively long online chat to find out two things: 1) the Showtime Roku App is not available for Comcast Showtime Subscribers and 2) I was getting an error message when trying to download the Xfinity Stream Beta App because my Roku 2 was the wrong Roku 2 model (I was unaware there was more than one Roku 2 model). I suppose I could have gone to Roku support; however, Comcast online staff should be able to quickly diagnose and provide this information.

is your's a Roku 2 (4210)?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1605 of 1,607
Today, it has barely worked. I keep getting "something went wrong" or DRM errors. Sometimes just trying to open the app, sometimes getting to the live TV listings or On Demand, or settings, or sometimes when trying to get a channel started, it just churns and churns forever. I tried reinstalling the app, updating the Roku stick software, rebooting, all combos of that in differing orders. It worked fine yesterday.
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1606 of 1,607

Hope this is the correct place for this

I bought a TCL TV with Roku about a week ago, and, so far, I've had few problems. 

What I'm wondering is if anyone has experience with VPN when used with the beta app. I am running my own router off the Xfinity gateway in bridge mode. Previously, I had my VPN running on the router, so that all my home network devices were behind the VPN. When I try to connect to the Xfinity beta app on Roku on the TV, connection fails because I'm supposedly not on my home network. If I turn off the VPN on the router, connection works.

I have seen some VPN mentions in the thread, but nothing definitive. Does anyone know of a workaround? Is there a way to contact Comcast to ask for a solution? I've tried going through support by phone, but kind of got nowhere. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1607 of 1,607
1 View

ercrons1 wrote:

Hope this is the correct place for this

I bought a TCL TV with Roku about a week ago, and, so far, I've had few problems. 

What I'm wondering is if anyone has experience with VPN when used with the beta app. I am running my own router off the Xfinity gateway in bridge mode. Previously, I had my VPN running on the router, so that all my home network devices were behind the VPN. When I try to connect to the Xfinity beta app on Roku on the TV, connection fails because I'm supposedly not on my home network. If I turn off the VPN on the router, connection works.

I have seen some VPN mentions in the thread, but nothing definitive. Does anyone know of a workaround? Is there a way to contact Comcast to ask for a solution? I've tried going through support by phone, but kind of got nowhere. 

Comcast has a system that inspects the packets and won't allow VPN to the devices in the home to count as 'in-home' connections.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon