Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFINITY Stream on Roku

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1501 of 1,586

I just checked mine again and it is working now.  I did have to go thru the authentication process again.  Hopefully, it will continue to work. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1502 of 1,586

Service expert...

Well lets see...

It is a private SSID on a private router, connected to a private modem connected to comcast.

Cause everyone should up and tell the internet what their SSID's are..

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1503 of 1,586
I have been using the Xfinity channel on Roku ultra for months until yesterday afternoon when it asked me to register my device. I entered in the code and it confirmed on the computer. Then the channel refreshed and a message appeared stating the channel was only able to be used on a laptop or mobile device then forces me to exit the app.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1504 of 1,586

Whatever they did since yesterday fixed it for me. Did have to reactivate but I have my channels back.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1505 of 1,586

MichelleSv wrote:

Service expert...

Well lets see...

It is a private SSID on a private router, connected to a private modem connected to comcast.

the reply asked for you to look at the SSID and make sure the one you are connected to is not xfinitywifi in name.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1506 of 1,586

Rossi3423 wrote:
I have been using the Xfinity channel on Roku ultra for months until yesterday afternoon when it asked me to register my device. I entered in the code and it confirmed on the computer. Then the channel refreshed and a message appeared stating the channel was only able to be used on a laptop or mobile device then forces me to exit the app.

when Comcast fixed their server issue, did your device begin working again?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1507 of 1,586

Rustyben wrote:

Fraggle75 wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Fraggle75 wrote:

I have a Sharp ROKU tv and until today, I've been able to stream content, for the most part, without issues.  However, starting this morning the app will not respond when opened and seems to be crashing the TV.  All other applications on the TV (Amazon, Netflix, etc.) seem to work correctly.  It's only when access the Xfinity steam app where I have an issue.

Xfinity App Version 2.0 build 5

Sharp (LC32LB481U)  ROKU TV (5316X)  Version 7.5.0 Build 4111-13

I moved your post to the Roku Beta thread. Many issues can be fixed by uninstalling the Xfinity app and reinstalling and activating it again. Be sure to log out of the Xfinity app on the Roku as a first step before the uninstall/reinstall.

Thanks.  However, I've done that twice now with the same result.  Any other advice on how to fix this issue? 

are you able to delete the roku 'app' and then reinstall it on the roku TV?

Yes, I've done it twice with the same result.  Even it if doesn't hang in regular channels, when playing anything high def it hangs after about a minute and completely crashes the TV. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1508 of 1,586

Guess I didn't care to pay attention as you are NOT a Comcast employee and there for any and all information you give out is suspect whether they give you permission or not.

And you auto ASSUMED the device was connected via wireless... Never auto ASSUME things.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1509 of 1,586

Please don't ASSUME that just because someone is not a Comcast employee they don't know what they're talking about.  A couple of weeks ago, I spoke with 4 different Comcast employees (2 via online chat, 1 via telephone, and a friend of mine who is a senior IT Tech in the system here).  All four of them told me the same thing, which was contradictory to what another customer had told me.  ASSUMING that there was something that the customer hadn't mentioned, I followed up based on the Comcast employees' words.  Because of failure, I spoke with the regional V.P. of Engineering, who told me that the information given by the 4 Comcast employees was inaccurate.  Several years ago, a Comcast employee told me, after speaking with a technician, that it wasn't possible to have my system in my house setup the way I'd had it setup for the previous few years.

Most people in these forums who offer suggestions are actually here to help, and shouldn't be automatically discounted just because they may not be a Comcast employee.  Many of the Comcast employees on here are technicians who work out in the field, and contribute to these forums in their spare time.  I've seen times when someone has an issue and a Comcast employee doesn't respond for several days, but in the meantime there were several responses from others.  When a Comcast employee does finally respond, his response has been the same as what someone else had already given.

If a non-Comcast employee can help resolve an issue within a few hours of it being posted, why insist on waiting maybe 3 or 4 days for a Comcast employee to do the same.

CIAO!

Ed N.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 1510 of 1,586
I added xfinity to my roku. I activated it following instructions on screen using codes. Activated successfully then I get error message on tv screen saying I must be using xfinity wifi! Seriously!
I use xfinity cable for my isp. Then my modem and router. What is the problem? Is this restricted to only people using xfinity equipment?????
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1511 of 1,586

Fraggle75 wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Fraggle75 wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Fraggle75 wrote:

I have a Sharp ROKU tv and until today, I've been able to stream content, for the most part, without issues.  However, starting this morning the app will not respond when opened and seems to be crashing the TV.  All other applications on the TV (Amazon, Netflix, etc.) seem to work correctly.  It's only when access the Xfinity steam app where I have an issue.

Xfinity App Version 2.0 build 5

Sharp (LC32LB481U)  ROKU TV (5316X)  Version 7.5.0 Build 4111-13

I moved your post to the Roku Beta thread. Many issues can be fixed by uninstalling the Xfinity app and reinstalling and activating it again. Be sure to log out of the Xfinity app on the Roku as a first step before the uninstall/reinstall.

Thanks.  However, I've done that twice now with the same result.  Any other advice on how to fix this issue? 

are you able to delete the roku 'app' and then reinstall it on the roku TV?

Yes, I've done it twice with the same result.  Even it if doesn't hang in regular channels, when playing anything high def it hangs after about a minute and completely crashes the TV. 

Without much help from Comcast, I've seemed to have pin pointed my issue.  In the app, under settings I have the format set to "HD Preferred" as that is the best watching opiton for Live TV on my defice (per the app).  This causes HD channels to crash and my TV to restart within 1 minute of watching any channel.  However, when I turn that off and chose "All Available Formats", the app doesn't crash.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 1512 of 1,586

nlehrer54 wrote:
I added xfinity to my roku. I activated it following instructions on screen using codes. Activated successfully then I get error message on tv screen saying I must be using xfinity wifi! Seriously!
I use xfinity cable for my isp. Then my modem and router. What is the problem? Is this restricted to only people using xfinity equipment?????

This seems to be common. I think the root is that your Internet and TV services are not properly linked together. They need to tie your modem into you account properly so it's all connected together. Since you mention your own modem and router, I presume you aren't accidentally using an xfinitywifi connection by mistake.

There are many posts about similar issues here. Hopefully one of the Comcast reps here can look into your account to see what is going on, or somebody can give info to give any rep you call a clue as to what needs fixing.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1513 of 1,586

nlehrer54 wrote:

just adding to @andyross answer be sure to use the smart device Xfinity My Account app and go to the internet tab. is there a modem listed there? is it the correct model/serial number? If not, call 800-Comcast and ask for billing so the representative can properly add your current modem to an 'outlet' in your home.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1514 of 1,586

Looking for insights from anyone. I'm able to use the Roku app except for Live TV. 

I've logged out uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. When I select Live TV only two channels show up both educational TV. When I watch one of those two channels I get to see the a static image of color bars. 

Anyone have thoughts?

This all happened after a day where I did the endless circle of entering the code only to find an error. The next day the app worked without a problem. Before this weird app problem. I was previously able to watch live TV. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1515 of 1,586

On Roku app it would be nice to be able to set recording from the TV listing instead of from search

Only and will Roku app ever be out of Bata update please

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1516 of 1,586

viking147 wrote:

On Roku app it would be nice to be able to set recording from the TV listing instead of from search

Only and will Roku app ever be out of Bata update please

the roku is in beta and free and when finished will be production level (features) as it is in beta. I can't see your menu but when in a listing select the entry and a popunder menu appear that you can use to set recording options and start recording.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1517 of 1,586

Brentski1 wrote:

Looking for insights from anyone. I'm able to use the Roku app except for Live TV. 

I've logged out uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. When I select Live TV only two channels show up both educational TV. When I watch one of those two channels I get to see the a static image of color bars. 

Anyone have thoughts?

This all happened after a day where I did the endless circle of entering the code only to find an error. The next day the app worked without a problem. Before this weird app problem. I was previously able to watch live TV. 

look on your physical Bill - do you have a paid X1 primary set top box on your bill? (DVR or HD) with X1 service?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1518 of 1,586

My DVR recording from my X1 box show up on my Roku, but when I play the recording on the Roku it does start at the position i left off from watching on a X1 box.   It starts from the begining.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1519 of 1,586

Yes. In addition, I have 2 other cable boxes. 

Thank you you for the initial help. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1520 of 1,586

Rustyben wrote:

Brentski1 wrote:

Anyone have thoughts?

look on your physical Bill - do you have a paid X1 primary set top box on your bill? (DVR or HD) with X1 service?

Yes I have a DVR and two other boxes

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1521 of 1,586

Brentski1 wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Brentski1 wrote:

Anyone have thoughts?

unfortunately it appears none of the service experts have an actual Roku but from what other customers have stated, the menus are the same as on android/iOS devices or web browsers. As such, when you select the program to play, you should be presented with resume/restart if it has already been played (and paused/stopped) on a streaming device.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1522 of 1,586

Yes I see popunder but only series rec no way to just record one show should have choice to record

Just the one i want  like hit record and then popunder for just that show or series

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1523 of 1,586

Problem solved. Spent 30 minutes online with Comcast. They escalated the request and did something (they couldn't tell me what) and fixed my issue just 20 hours later. 

Rustyben wrote:

Brentski1 wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Brentski1 wrote:

Anyone have thoughts?

unfortunately it appears none of the service experts have an actual Roku but from what other customers have stated, the menus are the same as on android/iOS devices or web browsers. As such, when you select the program to play, you should be presented with resume/restart if it has already been played (and paused/stopped) on a streaming device.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1524 of 1,586

egnlsn wrote:

Please don't ASSUME that just because someone is not a Comcast employee they don't know what they're talking about.  A couple of weeks ago, I spoke with 4 different Comcast employees (2 via online chat, 1 via telephone, and a friend of mine who is a senior IT Tech in the system here).  All four of them told me the same thing, which was contradictory to what another customer had told me.  ASSUMING that there was something that the customer hadn't mentioned, I followed up based on the Comcast employees' words.  Because of failure, I spoke with the regional V.P. of Engineering, who told me that the information given by the 4 Comcast employees was inaccurate.  Several years ago, a Comcast employee told me, after speaking with a technician, that it wasn't possible to have my system in my house setup the way I'd had it setup for the previous few years.

Most people in these forums who offer suggestions are actually here to help, and shouldn't be automatically discounted just because they may not be a Comcast employee.  Many of the Comcast employees on here are technicians who work out in the field, and contribute to these forums in their spare time.  I've seen times when someone has an issue and a Comcast employee doesn't respond for several days, but in the meantime there were several responses from others.  When a Comcast employee does finally respond, his response has been the same as what someone else had already given.

If a non-Comcast employee can help resolve an issue within a few hours of it being posted, why insist on waiting maybe 3 or 4 days for a Comcast employee to do the same.

And I could care less what you think...

As for that so called service expert, the device is wired not connected via wireless (and was not connected wireless when that generic error message popped). Just becuase a broken app promps a generic error message and then a no talent hack tries to explain things without first hand knowledge proves why this country is going down the drain. If he was a true expert he would have known it was a generic message and asked the correct questions.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1525 of 1,586

MichelleSv wrote:

MichelleSv wrote:

Service expert...

Well lets see...

It is a private SSID on a private router, connected to a private modem connected to comcast 

egnlsn wrote:

And I could care less what you think...

As for that so called service expert, the device is wired not connected via wireless (and was not connected wireless when that generic error message popped). Just becuase a broken app promps a generic error message and then a no talent hack tries to explain things without first hand knowledge proves why this country is going down the drain. If he was a true expert he would have known it was a generic message and asked the correct questions.

... and yet, your reply talks to nothing but wireless, by talking about SSIDs. Where in the replies did you state that you were wired? What a waste of time, having a bad day?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1526 of 1,586
Can we pause and rewind live tv yet? Haven't really been on here very much the past few months.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1527 of 1,586

No progress yet on pausing live TV.

About a week ago, Roku updated its OS on my device (3600 streaming stick), and by Monday, Xfinity had its issues with DRM errors, etc., ironed out. Lots of viewing this week with no issues.

Still need to work on navigation design, such as pausing live TV, filtering by favorites, being able to view the guide without exiting the program you're watching, etc. Hopefully those fixes will come very soon.

Xfinity team, PLEASE NOTE: Did have a problem when viewing multiple recordings of the same series. At the end of an episode, instead of offering to show the next recorded episode, it goes back to the beginning of the episode I just watched.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1528 of 1,586

agordo81 wrote:
Can we pause and rewind live tv yet? Haven't really been on here very much the past few months.

since you posted the question in the stream app area, using a smart device app there is no 'pause' available for live TV viewing. If you are in the home you can start a recording and then play that recording in process progress giving you the function to pause the show in progress and rewind to point of the beginning of the time since you pressed 'record'.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1529 of 1,586

marjsdad wrote:
Xfinity team, PLEASE NOTE: Did have a problem when viewing multiple recordings of the same series. At the end of an episode, instead of offering to show the next recorded episode, it goes back to the beginning of the episode I just watched.

Mine did that too on a Roku Express Plus.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1530 of 1,586

Installation on my Roku Stick failed

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1531 of 1,586

So...

Adding in my frustrations here... I have never been able to use this app because of the dreaded missing HD Technology Fee.

I am a subscriber with a CableCard Device, and can currently access the exact same content (INCLUDING LIVE TV) on my CableCard devices, on the Website, on the XfinityStream Apps on Androind and Apple Products...  I can't access the content on my Roku.  Because the Roku looks for the HD Tech Fee.

I spend 3.5 hours talking to different customer service reps...  Should be an easy one right... Simply add the HD Tech Fee at no cost, since I already pay for HD Service as part of my bundle...

I'm told that I don't pay for HD Service, which is impossible because I have HD Channels for all of my other services...  Oh, then they tell me, CableCards are exempted from the HD Tech. Fee, that's why you can access HD content...

Round and around we went, and the only solution they have for me is to PAY $9.95 extra each month to participate in a service that I ALREADY PAY FOR as part of my bundle, which is tantamount to theft.  Billing me again for a service I already pay for.

I understand now why Comcast is ranked as the worst customer service providing company (http://www.trendingtopmost.com/worlds-popular-list-top-10/2017-2018-2019-2020-2021/business/companie...).

Am I missing something here?????  Why is this so difficult.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1532 of 1,586
You are not missing a thing. I too, played the "HE is not on your bill, even thought you get it, so no HDon Roku game". I spent four hours o e day, then three another, taljed to eveybody, including supervisors, and was told "too bad". Needless to say, I now use PS Vue. I plan on going with Hulu, if/when they get a Flu Live TV app. My understanding is it will have between 35 and 75 channels, with local in major markets, plus all of their on demand. Cost was reported day $35 to 50 per month.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1533 of 1,586
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1534 of 1,586
Do you own any Comcast hardware? I don't. I just have Cable Cards and internet.

Also what market are you in? I'm in MA.

Additionally, what is your cost and what do you get for it.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1535 of 1,586
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1536 of 1,586

JSylvia007 wrote:

So...

Adding in my frustrations here... I have never been able to use this app because of the dreaded missing HD Technology Fee.

I am a subscriber with a CableCard Device, and can currently access the exact same content (INCLUDING LIVE TV) on my CableCard devices, on the Website, on the XfinityStream Apps on Androind and Apple Products...  I can't access the content on my Roku.  Because the Roku looks for the HD Tech Fee.

I spend 3.5 hours talking to different customer service reps...  Should be an easy one right... Simply add the HD Tech Fee at no cost, since I already pay for HD Service as part of my bundle...

I'm told that I don't pay for HD Service, which is impossible because I have HD Channels for all of my other services...  Oh, then they tell me, CableCards are exempted from the HD Tech. Fee, that's why you can access HD content...

Round and around we went, and the only solution they have for me is to PAY $9.95 extra each month to participate in a service that I ALREADY PAY FOR as part of my bundle, which is tantamount to theft.  Billing me again for a service I already pay for.

I understand now why Comcast is ranked as the worst customer service providing company (http://www.trendingtopmost.com/worlds-popular-list-top-10/2017-2018-2019-2020-2021/business/companie...).

Am I missing something here?????  Why is this so difficult.

I'm sorry you feel frustrated and can appreciate the confusion. 100% of customers who pay for the HD Technology Fee have a line item on their bill that says "HD Technology Fee" (would be in the upper left corner among the TV/Video charges).  If your bill shows that fee, please PM me a screenshot and I'll have someone look into your account. 

All the "TV Go" (available out of home) content is provided by programmers only in HD so there is no effective way to enforce this business rule in the Stream app or portal. I wasn't personally aware of the TiVo loophole until after we began enforcing on Roku and got a flood of complaints in the forums. 

I'm not going to defend the fee (that decision is above my pay grade). However, HD content uses considerably more network capacity than SD content. 

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1537 of 1,586
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1538 of 1,586

I successfully installed the Xfinity app on my Roku box at home and activated it. All worked as expected.  I then took the Roku to our summer cottage where we have Comcast service and an X1 DVR and tried to use it there. I connected it to the wireless network then tried to go through the Xfinity app activation.  I entered the appropriate codes on my laptop, got a "Success!" msg but the Xfinity app on Roku said that I wasn't connected to my home network.  Tried several times with the same result.  I read ComcastDan's post about the possible issues. I do have my own modem but it and the correct MAC address is registered with Comcast.  The other thing mentioned is using the correct userid for the service address account. That might be the problem, however my two accounts are linked together so I can see both when I log on with my normal email address. On my home account my userid is listed as primary and there is a box under that to "Add new user". On my summer cottage account the same userid I mentioned above is listed as unrestricted secondary but there is no box to "Add new user".  So how do I create a userid that is associated with the cottage account?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1539 of 1,586
Rustyben, so you are the keeper of what you believe is ok to be on the post? There was nothing obnoxious or wrong with the post other than the truth. Why is it that Comcast can not provide service that are promised to its customers? Why is it Comcast can not, at least stretch the SD feed, if they will not provide HD as promised, to fit the full screen? But you believe asking questions of real Comcast employees, which you are not one, is inappropriate. How about allowing real Comcast employees to answer? I have noticed many of your post are demeaning to others. If you are the keeper per Comcast, maybe it is time for you to be replaced.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1540 of 1,586

asndad wrote:
Rustyben, so you are the keeper of what you believe is ok to be on the post? There was nothing obnoxious or wrong with the post other than the truth. Why is it that Comcast can not provide service that are promised to its customers? Why is it Comcast can not, at least stretch the SD feed, if they will not provide HD as promised, to fit the full screen? But you believe asking questions of real Comcast employees, which you are not one, is inappropriate. How about allowing real Comcast employees to answer? I have noticed many of your post are demeaning to others. If you are the keeper per Comcast, maybe it is time for you to be replaced.

If you follow the link I posted, it points out that bypassing the language filter for bad words using abbreviations etc is not allowed. your line began:  You and I both know this is...  When a forum admin has time, they go through the filter bypass removal posts (like yours) and edit and return them to the thread. As customer moderators we can't edit your posts.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1541 of 1,586

freesteamin wrote:

I successfully installed the Xfinity app on my Roku box at home and activated it. All worked as expected.  I then took the Roku to our summer cottage where we have Comcast service and an X1 DVR and tried to use it there. I connected it to the wireless network then tried to go through the Xfinity app activation.  I entered the appropriate codes on my laptop, got a "Success!" msg but the Xfinity app on Roku said that I wasn't connected to my home network.  Tried several times with the same result.  I read ComcastDan's post about the possible issues. I do have my own modem but it and the correct MAC address is registered with Comcast.  The other thing mentioned is using the correct userid for the service address account. That might be the problem, however my two accounts are linked together so I can see both when I log on with my normal email address. On my home account my userid is listed as primary and there is a box under that to "Add new user". On my summer cottage account the same userid I mentioned above is listed as unrestricted secondary but there is no box to "Add new user".  So how do I create a userid that is associated with the cottage account?

you may soon get a reply from an Official Employee, but until then you might want to discuss this with the billing department at 800-Comcast. You would probably need the assistance of the representative to 'separate' the two accounts and ensure each is under a separate master username/password so that you could logout and log back in to either account as needed.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1542 of 1,586
Hi! I have the Internet Plus package with receiver box. I get all HD channels on pc and in Android Stream TV app (which lists programming as "in home" and lets me watch either SD or HD versions, so seems comparable to the roku app). However only the Roku beta app doesn't display the HD channels in the feed (although it did initially). If that flag wasn't used in the initial version and isn't used in other Comcast apps, why is it limiting HD now? I would likely pay for the roku app, but not the app AND an HD fee on top of an existing monthly cable package. I think that's the frustration/disappointment people have, especially since HD worked fine on the original roku app, which was great. Thanks for your consideration as you continue to refine the beta product.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1543 of 1,586

It is a convenience to have the accounts linked so I don't have to log into each one when managing each account but having linked accounts has bitten me in the past.  About 18 months ago, I spent 3 hours on the phone with 13 different Comcast employees trying to get my accounts unlinkd and the answers I received were variously that they did not know how to unlink accounts or that accounts could not be unlinked. 

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 1544 of 1,586

freesteamin wrote:

It is a convenience to have the accounts linked so I don't have to log into each one when managing each account but having linked accounts has bitten me in the past.  About 18 months ago, I spent 3 hours on the phone with 13 different Comcast employees trying to get my accounts unlinkd and the answers I received were variously that they did not know how to unlink accounts or that accounts could not be unlinked. 

I think you need to somehow create a new login that is tied ONLY to that second house's account. Then you should be able to use the streaming at that location if you log in using that new one.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1545 of 1,586

I recently installed the Xfinity beta app on my Roku TV. I only see SD channels and no HD.

Looking through the forums I see one Comcast rep suggesting that you needed the "HD technology fee" in order to see HD programming on the app.

I am a digital preferred subscriber and HD programming is included in my bundled subscription price. I do not want to call Comcast customer service and end up getting a $10/month additonal fee for a feature I am already paying for. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1546 of 1,586

hchang wrote:

I recently installed the Xfinity beta app on my Roku TV. I only see SD channels and no HD.

Looking through the forums I see one Comcast rep suggesting that you needed the "HD technology fee" in order to see HD programming on the app.

I am a digital preferred subscriber and HD programming is included in my bundled subscription price. I do not want to call Comcast customer service and end up getting a $10/month additonal fee for a feature I am already paying for. 

please remember that the roku app is iin beta (and is free) There is a master thread for issue reporting and discussion. (moving this to that thread now)

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1547 of 1,586

hchang wrote:

If you are already paying for the HD Technology fee, you should call and ensure that the agent add the proper codes to your account to reflect that it is included in your package. There is no way to override the logic for individual customers' accounts as it relates to the Roku app. 

Just be sure to confirm with the agent that there will be no additional charge and then check your next bill (to confirm again).

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 1548 of 1,586

Hello, I am not sure if this is the correct thread.  I have X1, and have it succesfully linked with my Roku.  When the Roku app originally came out I had no troubles accessing my DVR'd shows on my Roku.  However, now my DVR'd shows do not show up.  There is a saved button on the Xfnity app on Roku, but it does NOT show my DVR'd shows from my X1.  

Anyone had this problem and been able to fix it?  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1549 of 1,586
I think the Roku shows the most recent. I think it is cloud-based and only shows the recordings made since the latest sync up?
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 1550 of 1,586

marjsdad wrote:
I think the Roku shows the most recent. I think it is cloud-based and only shows the recordings made since the latest sync up?

Do I have to force a sync?  If so how do I do this?  The Roku 'saved' doesn't show any of my DVR'd shows from my X1 (when the app originally came out it always showed my dvr'd shows).