Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 streaming app isn't working correctly

New Poster

X1 streaming app isn't working correctly

I stream the news on my ipad every morning when I get up.  All of a sudden I can't get anything.  Says I don't have subscription to that channel or something like that.  Can't get anything except HBO.  Tried updating my app but that didn't help.  

Service Expert

Re: X1 streaming app isn't working correctly

StevenL1 wrote:

I stream the news on my ipad every morning when I get up.  All of a sudden I can't get anything.  Says I don't have subscription to that channel or something like that.  Can't get anything except HBO.  Tried updating my app but that didn't help.  

hi, on an iphone or android device or a desk/laptop does the stream work? have you tried logging out of the app (on the gear(settings) menu, and then logging back in to the app?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

A search of the forum shows that this problem has occurred several times this year defaulting to a few sports channels.   I deleted and reinstalled the app several times on my iPad and iPhone, closed and opened the apps several times, and shut the devices down several times. None of these worked-- so I scheduled a call with Comcast earlier this monring based on the online insructions to contact them if a channel is not showing.  The representative tried several things that did not work.  I verified that I was on mly home modem and all lights were on.  The last thing the rep did was to "refresh."  This changed nothing on my end, however, she said she was able to view the live channels when she streamed under my account afterwards.  After we hung up I, one more time, deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPhone and all my channels were there.  The iPad, on which I had not deleted and reinstalled the app, continued to not show live channels unitl I deleted and reinstalled the app on the iPad.  all channels are now restored on both devices. 

Official Employee

Hello @StevenL1. If you are still experiencing trouble viewing your programming using the XFINITY Stream app, I can help. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation