Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 TV App will not work

ANSWERED
New Poster

X1 TV App will not work

I had the X1 App on a Samsung tablet and an iPhone.  Both worked fine.  Over the last few weeks they both stopped working.  After I sign in to the app I get the message that the service is available in my area and I should call Comcast if I think there is a problem.  I called and they checked my account and said everything looked fine as far as the code needed to use the app.  It still will not work.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both devices, and also disconnecting and reconnecting to the WIFI.  Nothing worked and the support team was unable to solve it.

Accepted Solution

Re: X1 TV App will not work

goheels6898 wrote:

I had the X1 App on a Samsung tablet and an iPhone.  Both worked fine.  Over the last few weeks they both stopped working.  After I sign in to the app I get the message that the service is available in my area and I should call Comcast if I think there is a problem.  I called and they checked my account and said everything looked fine as far as the code needed to use the app.  It still will not work.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both devices, and also disconnecting and reconnecting to the WIFI.  Nothing worked and the support team was unable to solve it.

There was a code missing from your account, i have added it and you should be good now.  Please login to the XFINITY TV app and let me know if your still having issues.

View answer in context
Official Employee

goheels6898 wrote:

There was a code missing from your account, i have added it and you should be good now.  Please login to the XFINITY TV app and let me know if your still having issues.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the exact same problem. Two calls to customer service with no resolution. Chad , can you help by fixing my account.Mine worked for a few months and hasn't worked in a month. The people I've talked to on the phon don't seem to understand what I'm talking about.

New Poster

me three, no help from calling the 800 number

Official Employee

danmcd3568 wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem. Two calls to customer service with no resolution. Chad , can you help by fixing my account.Mine worked for a few months and hasn't worked in a month. The people I've talked to on the phon don't seem to understand what I'm talking about.

Double checking with my contact in Chicago, but it looks like your area has yet to launch the cloud features.   There is no way for an agent to add the proper codes, they are not enabled for your market.   Sorry for the mix up a few months ago, I will look into that issue as well. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

estiegel wrote:

I tried to add the codes but getting an error message in our billing system.  I sent this over to the Chicago Billing System team to investigate.  

Chad

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Chad,

Why would it have worked for 4-5 months ? And now stop working ? Makes no sense.

Frequent Visitor

Chad,

When I go to the website or the ipad app that worked before, this is the error message I get :

Good news!

XFINITY TV is now available in your area. Please call 1-800-COMCAST to order.

• Stream live TV and On Demand content to any TV, mobile device, or computer in your home.
  • Add the X1 DVR and enjoy the convenience of watching DVR recordings at home on your mobile devices and computers.
  • Download recordings to a mobile device then take your shows on the road to watch whenever, wherever you like.

Switch Account

Did you recently upgrade to the X1 Operating System? Activation can take up to 24 hours from the time of purchase.  Try Again
If you think there's a problem with your service, please call 1-800-COMCAST
New Poster

That solved the problem--thanks!

Official Employee

estiegel wrote:

You should be good now, can you try and login to the XFINITY TV app?  Let me know if you have any issues.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

danmcd3568 wrote:

Chad,

When I go to the website or the ipad app that worked before, this is the error message I get :

Good news!

XFINITY TV is now available in your area. Please call 1-800-COMCAST to order.

• Stream live TV and On Demand content to any TV, mobile device, or computer in your home.
  • Add the X1 DVR and enjoy the convenience of watching DVR recordings at home on your mobile devices and computers.
  • Download recordings to a mobile device then take your shows on the road to watch whenever, wherever you like.

Switch Account

Did you recently upgrade to the X1 Operating System? Activation can take up to 24 hours from the time of purchase.  Try Again
If you think there's a problem with your service, please call 1-800-COMCAST

I confirmed with my contact in Chicago and you're area has yet to launch cloud features,   I sent this over to our app team to see why you are receiving the "Good News" message, you should be recieveing the "Coverage is still limited" message

Thanks

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Now it asks me to accept the terms of activation over & over again.  endless loop

New Poster

i deleted the app and reinstalled, and it works now

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Makes no sense, why would it have worked for months and now not work. I should be getting a credit on my account then, cause this is one of the main reasons I signed up for this service.

New Poster

Hi Chad,

I'm in the Boston area and get the same exact message that says Good News and call COmcast. Ii've never successfully gottne this app to work.

Is the service not available in Boston?

New Poster

Can you help me with this very same issue?  I am in Chicago.

Official Employee

gyomalley wrote:

Hi Chad,

I'm in the Boston area and get the same exact message that says Good News and call COmcast. Ii've never successfully gottne this app to work.

Is the service not available in Boston?

Are you still having issues, your account is set up for cloud dvr now.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

chipandcorey wrote:

Can you help me with this very same issue?  I am in Chicago.

You have to follow the instructions and contact 800-XFINITY to get set up with X1 Cloud DVR Service.    They need to add service codes to your account to enable the features and access to the mobile application. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Chad,

I've not has a response to my last two posts. Any updates ? Why would it have worked for months and not now ?

New Poster

I have the same problem as well, can you help me too please? Thanks
Official Employee

I don't have a legit answer for you. All I know is that it's not available in your market. My contact in Chicago said its not available right now. Could have been a data issue that was corrected recently.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

What area are you located in? What issues are you having?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Same as danmcd. I'm in the dc area, more specifically in arlington, va
New Poster

Same problem here in VA but Im getting the error message saying my device is "out of home" it says im no longer on my in home network. But Im sitting here in my house with the wifi on.. How do I fix this???
New Poster

Chad, I'm also experiencing the same exact problem. Can you check it out for me?
Regular Visitor

I have no sound on bedroom TV At All

Official Employee

Jeisenbaum wrote:
Same as danmcd. I'm in the dc area, more specifically in arlington, va

Your account is missing the proper codes to entitle you to use the XFINITY TV app, I have asked someone from our Beltway Customer Service team to contact you directly.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

bhan145 wrote:
Chad, I'm also experiencing the same exact problem. Can you check it out for me?

Cloud Features on X1 have yet you launch in in your area, only the greter Chicago city has this features.   We are working very hard to launch the remaining areas on the Chicago Region.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Ymarbury wrote:
Same problem here in VA but Im getting the error message saying my device is "out of home" it says im no longer on my in home network. But Im sitting here in my house with the wifi on.. How do I fix this???

Try connecting to another network and reconnecting your in-home personal network.  Also please enusre you are not connected to the xfinitywifi SSID used for Hotspots. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

X1 TV App.

I have been trying for weeks to install this on an ipad and 2 different iphones (5 & a 5s).  I get the Good News or Error 1000385 message everytime.  No Cloud Dvr.

Can you fix this?  I have been on hold for 3 calls for over 4 hours...everytime I end up getting droppped by reps that do not know how to fix.  Your phone support is infuriating and the music is awful.

FINAL UPDATE:

Got it working.  Call Billing, have them make sure you have the right code in the account to support cloud dvr.  I was early in the installs and was orginally set up as no cloud.

New Poster

I just spent the last 1.5 hours on the phone with comcast.  Spoke to 6 different agents of which none knew what to do.  I started off with the billing department like your post stated, went thru tech support, then internet, then wireless, and supposedly the next person was the app agent.  Still two agents later, the call was disconnected.  And still no solution.

I have the same issue, login and get the 'X1 is now available in your area' message.  Attempt it a few times and get a 'Something is not right.  Call support with error code 13001', but even with the code there is no solution.  I am trying to use the X1 TV App on my Ipad.

Hopefully someone here from comcast can help out.   I am in Georgia.

Official Employee

jguie wrote:

I just spent the last 1.5 hours on the phone with comcast.  Spoke to 6 different agents of which none knew what to do.  I started off with the billing department like your post stated, went thru tech support, then internet, then wireless, and supposedly the next person was the app agent.  Still two agents later, the call was disconnected.  And still no solution.

I have the same issue, login and get the 'X1 is now available in your area' message.  Attempt it a few times and get a 'Something is not right.  Call support with error code 13001', but even with the code there is no solution.  I am trying to use the X1 TV App on my Ipad.

Hopefully someone here from comcast can help out.   I am in Georgia.

If you get the Good news message it means that Cloud DVR is available your area but you dont have the proper codes give you acces to the app. I checked your account and looks like you are paying $5/mo for X1 DVR, i dont see a comparable offer for cloud dvr.. The closest one i could find is for $7.99/mo X 12 months.  If you are okay with the $2.99/mo price increase i can add the codes for you.    Please send me a private messgae if you would.

Thanks

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Hi chad,

Could I get you to look into the same issue for me? I'm getting the "something's not right" error code 13001. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
New Poster

I'm in the same siutation.  My X1 TV app has worked fine for a couple months and now.  Recently have been receiving an error message that I'm not on my home netowrk even though I am.  Spent an hour with Comcast customer service on the phone last night with no resolution.

New Poster

Dear Comcast Support,

I'm not sure what has happened with my account, either.  I did move my X1 service to a new residence about six weeks ago, but my apps had been working just fine for weeks after that move.  This includes X1 Remote, Xfinity Home, Xfinity TV Remote and recently downloaded Xfinity TV.

Neither will recognize my Comcast credentials as valid.

Thank you.

Official Employee

Zoeonly wrote:
Hi chad,

Could I get you to look into the same issue for me? I'm getting the "something's not right" error code 13001. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Cloud Services are not availble in your area, thats why the app is not working for you. I dont have a date on when they will be available,  Sorry

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

bkhumphr wrote:

I'm in the same siutation.  My X1 TV app has worked fine for a couple months and now.  Recently have been receiving an error message that I'm not on my home netowrk even though I am.  Spent an hour with Comcast customer service on the phone last night with no resolution.

There is a ticket opened and being worked by our Tier 2 and Engineering teams.  There is nothing phone support can do if its a back office system issue

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

dreandi97 wrote:

Dear Comcast Support,

I'm not sure what has happened with my account, either.  I did move my X1 service to a new residence about six weeks ago, but my apps had been working just fine for weeks after that move.  This includes X1 Remote, Xfinity Home, Xfinity TV Remote and recently downloaded Xfinity TV.

Neither will recognize my Comcast credentials as valid.

Thank you.

Your account is showing that you dont have any X1 or Video devices on the account.  That is the reason why you cant use  the apps.  If you have X1 equipment in your home, you need to call 800-Comcast to resolve this. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Could you check why I'm no longer able to use the in home X1 services on the app and computer? It had been working fine until about a week ago.

New Poster

I recenlty added the  cloud serveices to my X1 platform of services, however I don't seem to be able to log in using any of my network devices.  I get the Xfinity TV is now available in your area.  Please call COMCAST to order.  This message shows up on all my devices.

New Poster

I live in Minneapolis MN. I have the x1 Dvr. My xfinity tv app says it's not available. It would be nice from a customer perspective if there was a map of coverage of where users can expect this app to work. It's also deflating that my Dvr tells me that I can watch my Dvr recordings on my devices then it won't work. A map of coverage would help us know if we can utilize this, and what department we could directly contact if it should be working but doesn't.
New Poster

Like many of the other post in this forum I have been having issues and difficulty getting assistance from the 1800.XFINITY hot line.  Actually I am getting no help.  I have called at least three different times and only once was able to get to a real person - who immediately put me in queue for another 30 mins before the call dropped.  Talk about making a person crazy!

PLEASE fix your call center it is broken.  

Here are my issues:

I am not able to use my mobile apps to watch TV

I am not able to record or pause live TV other than the one main DVR (my satelite TVs are both the 'upgraded' equipment)

I have to fairly consistently restart the satelite TV to watch OnDemand TV

The install (less than 30 days ago) was supposed to put in a "line booster" according to the  - that was not installed.

Regular Visitor

Hi,

As of Sunday Nov 2 I became a Comcast TV customer. One of the main reasons we switched from Direct TV was that we liked being able to watch "LIVE" TV on our Apple mobile devices. This all worked flawlessly for the FIRST NIGHT!!!  I have not been able to watch any type of "LIVE" TV whether it be on demand or live TV since.

I am able to stream and download my DVR recordings to the iPad just not view any type of "LIVE" TV.

This is the error code that comes up when I try to view an on demand program  "CIMXTVAPI ERROR DOMAIN 500".

When I try to view live tv nothing happens. I select listings and nothing comes up. This also happens when a genre is selected also.....blank screen just the three scrolling dots that will go on forever if you allow it.

I have also deleted and reinstalled the TV app multiple times to no avail.

Please Advise!

Thanks and have a Great Day!!

Official Employee

Empty11 wrote:

I recenlty added the  cloud serveices to my X1 platform of services, however I don't seem to be able to log in using any of my network devices.  I get the Xfinity TV is now available in your area.  Please call COMCAST to order.  This message shows up on all my devices.

The proper codes are missing from your account.  You will need to contact Sales or Billing (800-Comcast) to have the Cloud DVR codes added to your account. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Tsunamisweets wrote:
I live in Minneapolis MN. I have the x1 Dvr. My xfinity tv app says it's not available. It would be nice from a customer perspective if there was a map of coverage of where users can expect this app to work. It's also deflating that my Dvr tells me that I can watch my Dvr recordings on my devices then it won't work. A map of coverage would help us know if we can utilize this, and what department we could directly contact if it should be working but doesn't.

At this time there is no time frame for Cloud services for your market.    If your referring to the help video on your DVR, it does say not available in all areas.   

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

MidwestNational wrote:

Like many of the other post in this forum I have been having issues and difficulty getting assistance from the 1800.XFINITY hot line.  Actually I am getting no help.  I have called at least three different times and only once was able to get to a real person - who immediately put me in queue for another 30 mins before the call dropped.  Talk about making a person crazy!

PLEASE fix your call center it is broken.  

Here are my issues:

I am not able to use my mobile apps to watch TV

I am not able to record or pause live TV other than the one main DVR (my satelite TVs are both the 'upgraded' equipment)

I have to fairly consistently restart the satelite TV to watch OnDemand TV

The install (less than 30 days ago) was supposed to put in a "line booster" according to the  - that was not installed.

Hopefully this will answer some of your questions: 

If you are referrign to the XFINITY TV app, your area does not have access yet to use these features.  Are you seeing a Coverage is limited message after you log in?

The satellite boxes do not have ability to pause or rewind live TV, they are working as expected.   They can set recordings, just cant pause or rewind live TV, they are not DVR's.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

TD63 wrote:

Hi,

As of Sunday Nov 2 I became a Comcast TV customer. One of the main reasons we switched from Direct TV was that we liked being able to watch "LIVE" TV on our Apple mobile devices. This all worked flawlessly for the FIRST NIGHT!!!  I have not been able to watch any type of "LIVE" TV whether it be on demand or live TV since.

I am able to stream and download my DVR recordings to the iPad just not view any type of "LIVE" TV.

This is the error code that comes up when I try to view an on demand program  "CIMXTVAPI ERROR DOMAIN 500".

When I try to view live tv nothing happens. I select listings and nothing comes up. This also happens when a genre is selected also.....blank screen just the three scrolling dots that will go on forever if you allow it.

I have also deleted and reinstalled the TV app multiple times to no avail.

Please Advise!

Thanks and have a Great Day!!

A ticket has been opened for this issue, for your refrence: 

CR409764989

Someone from our Tier 2 team should be contacting you in the next 24-48 hours. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

When I signed up for x1 service I was promised a gifted card which i never got. I have all three services for quite some time but I never had the x1 service. George Spears

New Poster

Dear Chad:

I am having two issues with my X1 app:
1. I get a lot of "playback issue: error 500" messages, but sometimes they'll go away on their own.
2. More worryingly: My recordings are now cutting off the beginning of the show when I play episodes on my iPad (I record from the guide, the information on the recording says 60 min for a 60 min program, but it doesn't start playing until after the opening credits, sometimes ten or more minutes in). I have not noticed this problem on the TV itself, and I did not experience this problem when I first downloaded the app; I first noticed the issue say Wednesday or Thursday of this week.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
New Poster

Same issue as above.  TV app worked, now it prompts me to setup again, then I get the "Good news! XFINITY TV is now available in your area" message.

Can anyone help?

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More