Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 TV App, HBO Zone randomly streams on iPad Air 2 in Spanish

Regular Visitor

X1 TV App, HBO Zone randomly streams on iPad Air 2 in Spanish

I have been having a continually frustrating problem with the XFINITY TV app (which I use quite often) while on my home network, on an iPad Air 2, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S and iPad 4. The app randomly streams HBO Zone (channel 310 in my area) in Spanish. The SAP button shows, but when the channel fully "connects", the SAP button disappears.  The closed captioning is in English, and I have tried all the basic log offs, log ins, reboots, uninstall, reinstall, and even reformatted my iPad, including making a new profile, all which fail to change the HBO Zone channel from streaming in Spanish.  I have replaced my 3 whole house DVR boxes to the new voice controlled boxes, (but have not replaced my actual DVR), and even rebooted, reformatted and replaced my internet modem/phone router. I have also checked all boxes to insure that all language settings are in English, and that the SAP is turned off on all boxes. As a technical person with many years experience in computers, networking, telephone and T1 lines, I've covered all the basics. I require someone who experiences, or has a solution to this problem, or Comcast's Advanced technical team to address this issue. 

I have spoken with "advanced Tier 3 support" who insist that no one else has been experiencing this issue, which I find hard to believe, and they are unable to recreate the problem since they aren't on my "home network".  I've been promised time and time again, for about 6 months now, that this issue has been escalated to the engineers by a "ticket",  but 6 months later and not even a courtesy phone call from Comcast's tech people to admit to their inability to correct this issue.

Is there anyone else experiencing this issue?  I'm at my wits end with this and, considering the exorbitant amount of money Comcast collects every month from me, I'm considering not renewing my VERY EXPENSIVE Triple Play package, which expires this month. 

Thanks to to anyone who may have this or can give me suggestions above the basic level troubleshooting suggestions. 

Service Expert

Re: X1 TV App, HBO Zone randomly streams on iPad Air 2 in Spanish

LadyZebo wrote:

I have been having a continually frustrating problem with the XFINITY TV app (which I use quite often) while on my home network, on an iPad Air 2, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S and iPad 4. The app randomly streams HBO Zone (channel 310 in my area) in Spanish. The SAP button shows, but when the channel fully "connects", the SAP button disappears.  The closed captioning is in English, and I have tried all the basic log offs, log ins, reboots, uninstall, reinstall, and even reformatted my iPad, including making a new profile, all which fail to change the HBO Zone channel from streaming in Spanish.  I have replaced my 3 whole house DVR boxes to the new voice controlled boxes, (but have not replaced my actual DVR), and even rebooted, reformatted and replaced my internet modem/phone router. I have also checked all boxes to insure that all language settings are in English, and that the SAP is turned off on all boxes. As a technical person with many years experience in computers, networking, telephone and T1 lines, I've covered all the basics. I require someone who experiences, or has a solution to this problem, or Comcast's Advanced technical team to address this issue. 

I have spoken with "advanced Tier 3 support" who insist that no one else has been experiencing this issue, which I find hard to believe, and they are unable to recreate the problem since they aren't on my "home network".  I've been promised time and time again, for about 6 months now, that this issue has been escalated to the engineers by a "ticket",  but 6 months later and not even a courtesy phone call from Comcast's tech people to admit to their inability to correct this issue.

Is there anyone else experiencing this issue?  I'm at my wits end with this and, considering the exorbitant amount of money Comcast collects every month from me, I'm considering not renewing my VERY EXPENSIVE Triple Play package, which expires this month. 

Thanks to to anyone who may have this or can give me suggestions above the basic level troubleshooting suggestions. 

start (run) the xFinity TV app. press the stack of papers icon upper left corner. touch the 'gear' (settings) icon.  Touch 'accessability' and turn off the SAP button.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I already did all the basic type troubleshooting. This issue goes way beyond that. 

But thanks for your reply. 

Regular Visitor

As per usual, after checking it again just now, the HBO Zone channel is back to streaming in English and the SAP button magically reappeared. 

I would still like to know if anyone else has come upon this problem. It's quite frustrating and I'd be surprised if it lasts longer than a couple weeks. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation