New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Remote App Voice Control

ANSWERED
New Poster

X1 Remote App Voice Control

My app stopped working recently. App seems to recognize voice input and displays on screen, but no results display. This is unfortunate for Comcast given the current voice control marketing campaign. Any insights appreciated. Thanks.
Accepted Solution

Re: X1 Remote App Voice Control

On March 22, version 3.5 of the XFINITY TV Remote app was released for Apple devices with iOS 9 and Android devices with Ice Cream Sandwich OS or later.

With this release, the XFINITY TV remote app now supports voice remote functionality (requires iOS 10 on Apple devices and Jellybean on Android devices), allowing XFINITY X1 customers to control their TV boxes using voice commands like “Record Saturday Night Live,” “The Secret Life of Pets” and “Channel 810.” The app also now includes directional pad (d-pad) and numeric keypad functionality.

Please note that voice control with the XFINITY TV Remote app only works on X1 TV boxes, excluding RNG150 devices.

View answer in context
Administrator
Administrator

Re: X1 Remote App Voice Control

On March 22, version 3.5 of the XFINITY TV Remote app was released for Apple devices with iOS 9 and Android devices with Ice Cream Sandwich OS or later.

With this release, the XFINITY TV remote app now supports voice remote functionality (requires iOS 10 on Apple devices and Jellybean on Android devices), allowing XFINITY X1 customers to control their TV boxes using voice commands like “Record Saturday Night Live,” “The Secret Life of Pets” and “Channel 810.” The app also now includes directional pad (d-pad) and numeric keypad functionality.

Please note that voice control with the XFINITY TV Remote app only works on X1 TV boxes, excluding RNG150 devices.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Please post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation