Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 DVR recordings often cut short in stream app.

Regular Visitor

X1 DVR recordings often cut short in stream app.

About 30% of the time, after a show has completed recording on my x1 box, the Stream app says the recording is much shorter than what the DVR says, and I can't watch the whole thing, whether downloaded or streaming. It's happened to my Rokus, Nexus 6, and Nexus 7. The Bears game cut off in the third quarter, The Walking Dead only shows 9 minutes, etc. What's the deal?

Service Expert

Re: X1 DVR recordings often cut short in stream app.

jwikoff wrote:

About 30% of the time, after a show has completed recording on my x1 box, the Stream app says the recording is much shorter than what the DVR says, and I can't watch the whole thing, whether downloaded or streaming. It's happened to my Rokus, Nexus 6, and Nexus 7. The Bears game cut off in the third quarter, The Walking Dead only shows 9 minutes, etc. What's the deal?

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi, jwikoff - This is something I will need to escalate further. I was able to find the Walking Dead 9-minute recording, when did you record the Bears game? Do you have more examples?   

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee
Moved:

Regular Visitor

The Bears game was the game previous to that Walking Dead episode.  Looking back, 30% was an overestimate due to my frustration at that moment.  It's more of a 5%-10%.  There were 3-4 I think that were short other than these.  I can't remember what they were at the moment.  They've been deleted, so I can't look for them.  All the recordings I have right now seem full length.  I did check the recordings that were short before I deleted them, and it showed the same short length on multiple devices.  So it's not one particular device.  They all got the same shortened version.

Official Employee

@jwikoff - Thank you for letting me know. Usually, this recording issue caused by space on Cloud DVR. But I don't think that was the case in your situation. I submitted a ticket for Advanced Repair Team, they should contact you directly. I will also keep an eye on ticket to check the progress. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Admin1

jwikoff -- Our support team has worked through your support ticket. They were unable to get in contact with you to confirm if this has been resolved. Can you confirm if this has been resolved or not please?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am having the same issue, my recordings are cut short in my stream app, no matter if I’m home or away from home streaming on my app /via iPhone or iPad, some of my recordings are not viewable in full time, 30 min shows only show 2-8 minutes, hour shows somestimes 12-18 minutes only, this is very frustrating, even when I downloaded them it still cuts it short, I have plenty of memory on both of my devices and I can view the full show only directly from my DVR, I have the X1 plan, so can someone please,PLEASE!!! HELP!

Official Employee

Hello Rzasate78. I can assist you in getting the recordings that are cut short using the Stream app, corrected. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I have had this issue off and on since July 2016. I have put in countless service tickets that have been escalated to level three and closed without any explanation. Each time I put one in they seem have no clue as to the issue. The last ticket I put in st the end of November I had at least 7 examples still on my DVR. They could see the issue between the app and DVR and they closed it again as resolved without speaking to me.
Service Expert

Chat22 wrote:
I have had this issue off and on since July 2016. I have put in countless service tickets that have been escalated to level three and closed without any explanation. Each time I put one in they seem have no clue as to the issue. The last ticket I put in st the end of November I had at least 7 examples still on my DVR. They could see the issue between the app and DVR and they closed it again as resolved without speaking to me.

check the post just before your post and follow the directions there to fix the problem. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee
Moved:

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation