Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Windows tablet compatibility

New Poster

Windows tablet compatibility

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy TabPro S 2 in 1 computer and tablet.  I knew it had Windows 10 and worked like a computer but it also works as a tablet. The problem apparently is that it is not Android.  There is no Google Play store.  Is there a way to download the Xfinity TV app and download my tv shows and movies to watch offline?  The app is not available in the Microsoft store for some reason.   

Service Expert

Re: Windows tablet compatibility

YvetteS1 wrote:

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy TabPro S 2 in 1 computer and tablet.  I knew it had Windows 10 and worked like a computer but it also works as a tablet. The problem apparently is that it is not Android.  There is no Google Play store.  Is there a way to download the Xfinity TV app and download my tv shows and movies to watch offline?  The app is not available in the Microsoft store for some reason.   

no, not at this time.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Can anyone from Comcast explain why they won't support the most widely used operating system in the world?

The website allows for live viewing, but not offline viewing. Why is there no Windows 10 app?
Bronze Problem Solver

SkyhawkDriver wrote:
Can anyone from Comcast explain why they won't support the most widely used operating system in the world?

The website allows for live viewing, but not offline viewing. Why is there no Windows 10 app?

This question has been asked a few times since they changed things in Sept. and no comcast rep has commented.

I use an andriod emulator to use the apps on windows. Currently using Leapdroid.

Problem Solver

mvenanzi wrote:

SkyhawkDriver wrote:

This question has been asked a few times since they changed things in Sept. and no comcast rep has commented.

I use an andriod emulator to use the apps on windows. Currently using Leapdroid.

People have been asking for Windows apps earlier than September (January 2014), and probably even before then, with no Comcast comments on when anything will be available, except for the occasional lame response "Comcast is always evaluating" something yada yada yada. Nothing ever definitive.

OP specifically asked about the Xfinity TV app. Are you saying that Xfinity TV app works completely using the Android emulator? Can you watch Live TV, recordings, download then play recordings using Leapdroid?

Bronze Problem Solver

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

SkyhawkDriver wrote:

People have been asking for Windows apps earlier than September (January 2014), and probably even before then, with no Comcast comments on when anything will be available, except for the occasional lame response "Comcast is always evaluating" something yada yada yada. Nothing ever definitive.

OP specifically asked about the Xfinity TV app. Are you saying that Xfinity TV app works completely using the Android emulator? Can you watch Live TV, recordings, download then play recordings using Leapdroid?

I watched live when back when this mess started and it worked, never tried downloading. Turns out you can't even get leapdroid any more, they were resently bought out by google.

http://www.androidauthority.com/google-leapdroid-android-emulator-pc-727022/

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation