Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Why cant I watch Xfinity TV app recordings on my TV?

Contributor

Why cant I watch Xfinity TV app recordings on my TV?

I used to be able to connect an HDMI cord to my phone and watch the recordings on my TV. Now when I do that, it does not allow it? Why?

I dont want a cable box or anyroom DVR in every room and I was told that the app can be used in lieu of cable boxes and anyroom DVRs. I used to be able to hook my phone up to these TVs and watch programs but not anymore.

To mar matters worse, some programs record ONLY to the app and not the actual box so if I want to watch it, I have to watch it on my 7 inch cell phone instead of my 70 inch.
Service Expert

Re: Why cant I watch Xfinity TV app recordings on my TV?

J91230 wrote:
I used to be able to connect an HDMI cord to my phone and watch the recordings on my TV. Now when I do that, it does not allow it? Why?

I dont want a cable box or anyroom DVR in every room and I was told that the app can be used in lieu of cable boxes and anyroom DVRs. I used to be able to hook my phone up to these TVs and watch programs but not anymore.

To mar matters worse, some programs record ONLY to the app and not the actual box so if I want to watch it, I have to watch it on my 7 inch cell phone instead of my 70 inch.

the app's permissions won't allow that. you can use chrom browser and the chromecast extension with a chormecast device to send the lap/desktop browser window playing xfinity tV to your TV via HDMI.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation