Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Why can't I watch?

New Poster

Why can't I watch?

I'm getting a little hard of hearing. I was watching Marvel Agents of Shield and I was having problems hearing properly through my normal TV.

Usually when this happens, I use a stream TV app so I can use my headphones. However when I tried this, I was told I could only watch this on my TV not through stream TV.

This is an accessibility feature for me. Why do I have to suffer through my normal TVs sound?

If I am recording it to my DVR, why can't I watch it through stream TV?
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Why can't I watch?

kamware wrote:
I'm getting a little hard of hearing. I was watching Marvel Agents of Shield and I was having problems hearing properly through my normal TV.

Usually when this happens, I use a stream TV app so I can use my headphones. However when I tried this, I was told I could only watch this on my TV not through stream TV.

This is an accessibility feature for me. Why do I have to suffer through my normal TVs sound?

You can watch dvr recording using the app after the recording is completed

Highlighted
Service Expert

kamware wrote:

what error message number are you getting? (entire numbers may be a space between them)

also note that stream will not be in sync with live TV on the screen (it takes time to process the signal and then put it on the server for users to watch). usually it is 20-40 seconds behind the live TV. Comcast has 2 set top boxes now that have native bluetooth headset capability now. note that the earphone set must be able to control the volume as the TV puts out at a fixed volume level to bluetooth. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

kamware wrote:

That show is marked as "In-Home", if the device you're using is connected to your home network, you can watch it using the stream app.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation