Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Why am I unable to access all my programs on my dvr after updating to the new xfinity stream app

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 7

I am having a problem with accessing my recordings on my dvr after updating the new xfinity app.  When at home the recordings are there when I am not at home the recordings are missing. Doesn't even matter that I am using the app, I logged in from a computer same thing happens.  This just started a couple of week ago. 

6 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 7

Scbydo64 wrote:

I am having a problem with accessing my recordings on my dvr after updating the new xfinity app.  When at home the recordings are there when I am not at home the recordings are missing. Doesn't even matter that I am using the app, I logged in from a computer same thing happens.  This just started a couple of week ago. 

call 800-Comcast and ask the representative to verify that you have the Cloud DVR rate code turned on. Ask the representative to do a deep backend account refresh. If the representative does not know how to do that ask to be transferred to the billing department.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 3 of 7

Well unfortunately I called and the tech did everything but what I had asked them to do. Everywhere I log in from there are different programs listed on the dvr except for what is actually there.  I ended up be transferred somehow and disconnected after calling, as if the tech just gave up. If xfinity is going to advertise any device anywhere, I wish that was true.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 7

Scbydo64 wrote:

Well unfortunately I called and the tech did everything but what I had asked them to do. Everywhere I log in from there are different programs listed on the dvr except for what is actually there.  I ended up be transferred somehow and disconnected after calling, as if the tech just gave up. If xfinity is going to advertise any device anywhere, I wish that was true.

I'm sorry for your trouble. I checked your account and see that you have the Cloud DVR rate codes and about 40 hours of recordings in the Cloud.  Cloud DVR is entirely separate from the physical DVR (we aren't streaming from your physical DVR). Customers in the Chicago area are experiencing truncated and failed Cloud DVR recordings and the engineering team is working to resolve. I will provide a status update if I get one.

Again, sorry.

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 5 of 7

Thank you, just out of curiosity how many hours of recordings does the cloud hold?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 6 of 7

Scbydo64 wrote:

Thank you, just out of curiosity how many hours of recordings does the cloud hold?

currently the quoted capacity of the Cloud DVR is 60 hours with oldest recordings deleted from the cloud DVR only (actual DVR recordings not deleted) when the cloud DVR is at full capacity.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 7

Rustyben wrote:

Scbydo64 wrote:

currently the quoted capacity of the Cloud DVR is 60 hours with oldest recordings deleted from the cloud DVR only (actual DVR recordings not deleted) when the cloud DVR is at full capacity.

Rusty is correct but I will add that, if you have multiple XG1 set-top boxes in your home (the ones with physical DVRs in them), then Cloud Capacity is increased accordingly.  For example, one XG1 gives you 60 hours in the cloud with up to 6 simultaneous recordings. Two XG1 devices will give you 120 hours of Cloud storage with up to 12 programs recorded simultaneously. Local markets determine if they allow customers to rent 2 or more XG1 set-tops (depends on inventory and demand). 

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.