Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Where is the Xfinity Roku app

Regular Contributor

Where is the Xfinity Roku app

Okay Comcast promised to have the Roku app out by fall(its fall now).The only loser in this is Comcast as I (and many others)wont subscribe to TV service until app is up.I do not (and will not) continue to pay comcast for equipment when the Roku app can allow you to by pass all that.My  friend just over the county line that is served by Charter/spectrum use thier app to get tv service and with 4 tvs they only pay110 dollars a month for tv and internet,a package that in the past with charges for set top boxes and HD fee etc made thier bill over 170 a month.to me a small one time investment in a Roku for each tv pays for itself in 2 months,then continues to save them 60 dollars a month,thats a savings of 720 dollars a year.Comcast there are getting to be many more TV alternatives out there,with your high prices people will be leaving like crazy.To get people to stay with Comcast first thing that is needed is the Roku app needs to get up and running,Whats the hold up.Time Warner and Charter have thiers up already..

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Where is the Xfinity Roku app

Now that the FCC has backed off on the cable box mandate, you can guarantee that Comcast and others that announced 3rd party support will now just keep delaying and making excuses. Basically, it will never happen.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation