Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

What happens when Roku Stream goes "live"?

Silver Problem Solver

What happens when Roku Stream goes "live"?

When Comcast moves the Roku Stream app from free Beta to monthly fee, has a procedure been set up on how this will happen? Will you just pop up a simple box saying a montly fee will be charged, with a Yes/No that any child or "friend" can just say Yes to? Will it require CALLING COMCAST or some other PROOF that you are the account holder before adding a device?

Service Expert

Re: What happens when Roku Stream goes "live"?

andyross wrote:

When Comcast moves the Roku Stream app from free Beta to monthly fee, has a procedure been set up on how this will happen? Will you just pop up a simple box saying a montly fee will be charged, with a Yes/No that any child or "friend" can just say Yes to? Will it require CALLING COMCAST or some other PROOF that you are the account holder before adding a device?

i'm sure you will get notice with a time limit (or access simply stops working). My guess is it will be less than a set top box companion.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Silver Problem Solver

Re: What happens when Roku Stream goes "live"?

My main worry is that they don't make it too easy to add it. It should require the same limitations as adding a physical box, with some real proof that you are an adult account holder.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation