Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,857,772

members

1,139

online

30,012

topics

Top

WatchESPN & ESPN3 no longer accessible.

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

WatchESPN & ESPN3 no longer accessible.

After many years of enjoying ESPN3, we are no longer able to access WatchESPN on our iPhones (6S) or ESPN3 on computers getting the following error message: "This network is not included in your current XFINITY TV service." This despite the fact that we have the premium sports package and internet service provided by Comcast. We are also denied acces to the xfinity TV app on our iPhones. Very frustrating considering what we pay for Comcast service.

 

 

Accepted Solution

Re: WatchESPN & ESPN3 no longer accessible.

Thank you very much. Yup, it took me a while to figure this out too. The account which I am logged into was created a long time ago in Minnesota where our permanent residence is and remains and was associated with this old Comcast account. And since it was estalished in Minnesota, I assumed it would have remained associated with that account and ignored any other possibilty i.e a different account. But yes, we also had a condo in Florida with Comcast service which we recently sold and with the closing of the sale, terminated our service. I wouldn't think that the email/username could tranfer and don't know why this would have happened.

 

Anyway, can it be reverted back to the Minnesota account? Or do I have to create a new user name for Minnesota?

I will PM with account information. Thank you.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Re: WatchESPN & ESPN3 no longer accessible.

We need details on how you are connecting.

 

Does this help?

 

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/stream-faqs/

 


ESPN3 wrote:

After many years of enjoying ESPN3, we are no longer able to access WatchESPN on our iPhones (6S) or ESPN3 on computers getting the following error message: "This network is not included in your current XFINITY TV service." This despite the fact that we have the premium sports package and internet service provided by Comcast. We are also denied acces to the xfinity TV app on our iPhones. Very frustrating considering what we pay for Comcast service.

 

 


 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: WatchESPN & ESPN3 no longer accessible.

We need details on how you are connecting.

Does this help?

 

No, my real concern is the access to ESPN3 and WatchESPN. The article discusses streaming TV and as far as I can tell has nothing to do with my ESPN3 access issue. Streaming TV is only a minor secondary nit. But thanks for your response.

 

As for how I connect...it doesn't matter, no accesses to ESPN3 or WatchESPN regardless of connection method.

Service Expert

Re: WatchESPN & ESPN3 no longer accessible.


ESPN3 wrote:

We need details on how you are connecting.

Does this help?

 

No, my real concern is the access to ESPN3 and WatchESPN. The article discusses streaming TV and as far as I can tell has nothing to do with my ESPN3 access issue. Streaming TV is only a minor secondary nit. But thanks for your response.

 

As for how I connect...it doesn't matter, no accesses to ESPN3 or WatchESPN regardless of connection method.


when I go to all listings on my iPad/iphone/android phone/android tablet and set it to filter available out of home, I have ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3. Do you have them listed to under your TVGo channels?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: WatchESPN & ESPN3 no longer accessible.


Rustyben wrote:

ESPN3 wrote:

We need details on how you are connecting.

Does this help?

 

No, my real concern is the access to ESPN3 and WatchESPN. The article discusses streaming TV and as far as I can tell has nothing to do with my ESPN3 access issue. Streaming TV is only a minor secondary nit. But thanks for your response.

 

As for how I connect...it doesn't matter, no accesses to ESPN3 or WatchESPN regardless of connection method.


when I go to all listings on my iPad/iphone/android phone/android tablet and set it to filter available out of home, I have ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3. Do you have them listed to under your TVGo channels?


I don't know why this would matter. I don't care about TVGo channels, I only care about streaming ESPN3 on my computer, which I can't because I get the following message: "This network is not included in your current XFINITY TV service."  And I get the same message when I try watching an event on WatchESPN on my iPhone. Not only is this access clearly included in my cable plan...I have a high tier sports plan...but I had access for many years and have made no change to my plan. Why is this happening?

Service Expert

Re: WatchESPN & ESPN3 no longer accessible.


ESPN3 wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

ESPN3 wrote:

We need details on how you are connecting.

Does this help?

 

No, my real concern is the access to ESPN3 and WatchESPN. The article discusses streaming TV and as far as I can tell has nothing to do with my ESPN3 access issue. Streaming TV is only a minor secondary nit. But thanks for your response.

 

As for how I connect...it doesn't matter, no accesses to ESPN3 or WatchESPN regardless of connection method.


when I go to all listings on my iPad/iphone/android phone/android tablet and set it to filter available out of home, I have ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3. Do you have them listed to under your TVGo channels?


I don't know why this would matter. I don't care about TVGo channels, I only care about streaming ESPN3 on my computer, which I can't because I get the following message: "This network is not included in your current XFINITY TV service."  And I get the same message when I try watching an event on WatchESPN on my iPhone. Not only is this access clearly included in my cable plan...I have a high tier sports plan...but I had access for many years and have made no change to my plan. Why is this happening?


do they appear on your app? Does it play when you select it?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: WatchESPN & ESPN3 no longer accessible.


 

do they appear on your app? Does it play when you select it?



If you are talking about TVGo App, I don't have it. I am talking about the WatchESPN app. My question is simple, why do I now get this message when I try to watch an event on WatchESPN or ESPN3: "This network is not included in your current XFINITY TV service"? This is a simple question that has NOTHING to do with TVGo. Can someone please help?

Official Employee

Re: WatchESPN & ESPN3 no longer accessible.


ESPN3 wrote:

 

do they appear on your app? Does it play when you select it?



If you are talking about TVGo App, I don't have it. I am talking about the WatchESPN app. My question is simple, why do I now get this message when I try to watch an event on WatchESPN or ESPN3: "This network is not included in your current XFINITY TV service"? This is a simple question that has NOTHING to do with TVGo. Can someone please help?


The email you used to sign into the Forums brings up an account that is in "disconnected" status. If you recently moved, you may need to reassociate this login info with your new account number.  If your account was disconnected in error, please contact us at 800-XFINITY and discuss with the billing department.

 

Thanks,

ComcastDan


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: WatchESPN & ESPN3 no longer accessible.

We have not moved, the account is active and not disconnected...the internet works as does the television. Why would it say disconnected when it is not? Seems to me this must have something to do with the issue.

 


ComcastDan wrote:
The email you used to sign into the Forums brings up an account that is in "disconnected" status. If you recently moved, you may need to reassociate this login info with your new account number.  If your account was disconnected in error, please contact us at 800-XFINITY and discuss with the billing department.

Thanks,

ComcastDan


 

Official Employee

Re: WatchESPN & ESPN3 no longer accessible.


ESPN3 wrote:

We have not moved, the account is active and not disconnected...the internet works as does the television. Why would it say disconnected when it is not? Seems to me this must have something to do with the issue.

 


ComcastDan wrote:
The email you used to sign into the Forums brings up an account that is in "disconnected" status. If you recently moved, you may need to reassociate this login info with your new account number.  If your account was disconnected in error, please contact us at 800-XFINITY and discuss with the billing department.

Thanks,

ComcastDan


 


What ComcastDan means is that the username you are using is accociated with a closed account. You can send a PM with your address/account information and we can see what username is associated with your active account.

 

What are the chances that you had a seasonal account in Florida?And live in MN?


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: WatchESPN & ESPN3 no longer accessible.

Thank you very much. Yup, it took me a while to figure this out too. The account which I am logged into was created a long time ago in Minnesota where our permanent residence is and remains and was associated with this old Comcast account. And since it was estalished in Minnesota, I assumed it would have remained associated with that account and ignored any other possibilty i.e a different account. But yes, we also had a condo in Florida with Comcast service which we recently sold and with the closing of the sale, terminated our service. I wouldn't think that the email/username could tranfer and don't know why this would have happened.

 

Anyway, can it be reverted back to the Minnesota account? Or do I have to create a new user name for Minnesota?

I will PM with account information. Thank you.

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: WatchESPN & ESPN3 no longer accessible.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3196 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation