Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Watch ESPN App Not Working

New Poster

Watch ESPN App Not Working

I tried signing in to my Watch ESPN App through iOS and I get a message saying the network is not included in my current television subscription. The App was working until recently and I have a package which includes ESPN, so why am I not able to sign in?

Tags (2)
Service Expert

Re: Watch ESPN App Not Working

SJLPDX wrote:

I tried signing in to my Watch ESPN App through iOS and I get a message saying the network is not included in my current television subscription. The App was working until recently and I have a package which includes ESPN, so why am I not able to sign in?

espn inside of your  stream TV app including TVgo channels are available. access to 3rd party app for ESPN is not included nor available. edit: see my next post, was able to log in to the ESPN apps.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote:

SJLPDX wrote:

espn inside of your  stream TV app including TVgo channels are available. access to 3rd party app for ESPN is not included nor available.

Watch espn works with xf on the espn web site (xf is a provider and I was able to login and watch), so why not on the app too.

http://www.espn.com/watch/

Bronze Problem Solver

mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

SJLPDX wrote:

espn inside of your  stream TV app including TVgo channels are available. access to 3rd party app for ESPN is not included nor available.

Watch espn works with xf on the espn web site (xf is a provider and I was able to login and watch), so why not on the app too.

I just downloaded espn to my S8+ and was able to sign in a watch just like I did on their web site.

Bronze Problem Solver

mvenanzi wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

SJLPDX wrote:

I just downloaded espn to my S8+ and was able to sign in a watch just like I did on their web site.

Also downloaded Watch Espn and I was able to watch on it as well, so 2 espn apps work with comcast as provider. So why does it not work for you SJLPDX? Are you using your primary comcast login?

Service Expert

mvenanzi wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

SJLPDX wrote:

Also downloaded Watch Espn and I was able to watch on it as well, so 2 espn apps work with comcast as provider. So why does it not work for you SJLPDX? Are you using your primary comcast login?

I just retried both the ESPN apps and was able to authenticate with Xfinity. Tried the NFL apps again but they still won't authenticate.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hello SJLPDX. If you are still experiencing trouble signing into the ESPN app, I can help. If so, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

I am having the same issue. Watch ESPN app will not work. Says SEC network is not included in subscription. How is this resolved?
Service Expert

sjs1230 wrote:
I am having the same issue. Watch ESPN app will not work. Says SEC network is not included in subscription. How is this resolved?

please read and follow the directions in the post directdly above yours to get that resolved.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation