Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,860,670

members

837

online

29,392

topics

Top

WHY WHY is there no watchlist feature in the new mobile app?

New Poster

WHY WHY is there no watchlist feature in the new mobile app?

What the heck happened to the watchlist future in the Xfinity TV app? I can't even find a way to Favorite a show now...  Has anyone figured out a workaround?

 

Every time I use this, I wish I could roll back to the previous Xfinity TV app.  At least that one was reasonably organized. 

Service Expert

Re: WHY WHY is there no watchlist feature in the new mobile app?

I believe it is in development.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: WHY WHY is there no watchlist feature in the new mobile app?

It's been in "development" since the summer. 

Regular Contributor

Re: WHY WHY is there no watchlist feature in the new mobile app?

Hopefully when Favorites (TV channels and movies, etc. by the way) finally do arrive, they'll sync with the lists I've already setup on my X1 DVR, or at least sync will be optional (i.e. perhaps some will want to setup Favorites on their devices that are mutually-exclusive).  Personally, I'd settle for syncing all the way around.  Actually, I'd settle for any implementation of Favorites to show up.

Official Employee

Re: WHY WHY is there no watchlist feature in the new mobile app?


milehiguy wrote:

Hopefully when Favorites (TV channels and movies, etc. by the way) finally do arrive, they'll sync with the lists I've already setup on my X1 DVR, or at least sync will be optional (i.e. perhaps some will want to setup Favorites on their devices that are mutually-exclusive).  Personally, I'd settle for syncing all the way around.  Actually, I'd settle for any implementation of Favorites to show up.


They will sync. Favorite channels were recently added to the XFINITY TV Remote app and sync automatically with X1 at the household level.  Of course, non-X1 users can also set up Favorite channels but they won't sync with the non-X1 set-top boxes.


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Re: WHY WHY is there no watchlist feature in the new mobile app?


ComcastDan wrote:

milehiguy wrote:

Hopefully when Favorites (TV channels and movies, etc. by the way) finally do arrive, they'll sync with the lists I've already setup on my X1 DVR, or at least sync will be optional (i.e. perhaps some will want to setup Favorites on their devices that are mutually-exclusive).  Personally, I'd settle for syncing all the way around.  Actually, I'd settle for any implementation of Favorites to show up.


They will sync. Favorite channels were recently added to the XFINITY TV Remote app and sync automatically with X1 at the household level.  Of course, non-X1 users can also set up Favorite channels but they won't sync with the non-X1 set-top boxes.


Right, and I DO appreciate the fact that favorite channels sync between my X1 DVR and the TV Remote app.  It'll be interesting to see how Favorites are implemented in the Xfinity TV app.  Will it be an additional Filter that can be toggled, like HD, etc.?

Regular Contributor

Re: WHY WHY is there no watchlist feature in the new mobile app?


milehiguy wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

milehiguy wrote:

Hopefully when Favorites (TV channels and movies, etc. by the way) finally do arrive, they'll sync with the lists I've already setup on my X1 DVR, or at least sync will be optional (i.e. perhaps some will want to setup Favorites on their devices that are mutually-exclusive).  Personally, I'd settle for syncing all the way around.  Actually, I'd settle for any implementation of Favorites to show up.


They will sync. Favorite channels were recently added to the XFINITY TV Remote app and sync automatically with X1 at the household level.  Of course, non-X1 users can also set up Favorite channels but they won't sync with the non-X1 set-top boxes.


Right, and I DO appreciate the fact that favorite channels sync between my X1 DVR and the TV Remote app.  It'll be interesting to see how Favorites are implemented in the Xfinity TV app.  Will it be an additional Filter that can be toggled, like HD, etc.?


As it turns out, from what I can tell, the additional filter for Favorites is exactly how it was implemented recently in the Xfinity TV app.  Am enjoying the fact that we now have Favorites in both apps.

New Poster

Re: WHY WHY is there no watchlist feature in the new mobile app?

My App is not showing the new "Favorites" Filter you mention. 

Service Expert

Re: WHY WHY is there no watchlist feature in the new mobile app?


SF13 wrote:

My App is not showing the new "Favorites" Filter you mention. 


have you updated your version of Xfinity TV app? I just tested it on iphone/ipad/android/and a fire tablet. all have filter for favorites available. Checked the web page too, it also has the favorites filter.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Re: WHY WHY is there no watchlist feature in the new mobile app?


SF13 wrote:

My App is not showing the new "Favorites" Filter you mention. 


Hmmm, well on my iPad Pro, I'm running iOS version 3.12.0.751 of the Xfinity TV app.

 

I've toggled on the Favorites filter by tapping the following:

 

Hamburger menu (3 parallel lines)  //  Live TV  //  All Listings

Tap blue Filters rectangle

Toggle on "Favorite Channels" filter

Tap Done

 

I also have the HD filter toggled on.  The Favorites filter showed up on the most recent update (Feb 13).

 

Hope that helps.

 

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 641 views
  • 5 kudos
  • 7 in conversation