Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Viewing Apps

New Poster

Viewing Apps

I pay for a package that includes NBC Sports app access and have been able to access that on the Roku in one location with no real problem. We use it specificly to watch WC Skiing. This morning we watched the first run of a race but when I opened it to watch the 2nd run live it made me verify it again sending me to the online registration. Now I have two locations both with Comcast Xfinity TV and Internet but I only pay for the "sports" package on one of those accounts, the second location is a place we rent and the TV/internet is included in the rent and I don't see any reason why I should have to pay for the extra package twice. I'm thinking the new "feature" of automatic access is the issue here but can't find any way to stop that or sign in with another account, it wont even allow me to access the access I pay for on my phone while here I guess. So basicly paying for access wherever I am is worthless if where I am is also serviced by Xfinity. Any way to change the account I'm signed into?

Service Expert

Re: Viewing Apps

ctcom wrote:

I pay for a package that includes NBC Sports app access and have been able to access that on the Roku in one location with no real problem. We use it specificly to watch WC Skiing. This morning we watched the first run of a race but when I opened it to watch the 2nd run live it made me verify it again sending me to the online registration. Now I have two locations both with Comcast Xfinity TV and Internet but I only pay for the "sports" package on one of those accounts, the second location is a place we rent and the TV/internet is included in the rent and I don't see any reason why I should have to pay for the extra package twice. I'm thinking the new "feature" of automatic access is the issue here but can't find any way to stop that or sign in with another account, it wont even allow me to access the access I pay for on my phone while here I guess. So basicly paying for access wherever I am is worthless if where I am is also serviced by Xfinity. Any way to change the account I'm signed into?

the Roku (beta) is a replacement for a set top box assigned to an 'outlet' at one location to view that location's subscription. moving it to the 2nd would require logging in with the credentials at that location and you would receive the subscribed channels at that location (not from the first).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote:

ctcom wrote:

the Roku (beta) is a replacement for a set top box assigned to an 'outlet' at one location to view that location's subscription. moving it to the 2nd would require logging in with the credentials at that location and you would receive the subscribed channels at that location (not from the first).

It sounds like the xf roku app is not what the OP is having problems with. It is the NBC Sports app. If so, you would have to contact NBC for info since they are the creator of that app not xf. I don't use the app, so I can't try.

Official Employee

Hi ctcom, I understand what you mean but each account is unique and cannot share services. Since you have two separate homes with two different addresses they would need two separate accounts, and there is no way for these accounts to communicate. In order to have the subscription at each home you would have to pay separate fees. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation