Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Video stops playing when you open any guide or menu

Frequent Visitor

Video stops playing when you open any guide or menu

I’m really unhappy with the way the Stream app now works.  If I’m watching a live channel or recorded show and I open the guide to browse listings, the video stops.  Why can’t you just shrink the video to a small window and let it keep playing while I look at what else is available?  It’s very frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

Please restore the feature that brings up an on screen keyboard where you can enter a channel number

Yes, I know that you can click the ... on the menu and see previous channels.  But I want to jump quickly to a channel not on the list.  Yes, you can open the “all channels” guide and then click find and then enter the channel number, but that is a little convoluted.

Service Expert

Re: Video stops playing when you open any guide or menu

@WhiskerBiscuit wrote:

I’m really unhappy with the way the Stream app now works.  If I’m watching a live channel or recorded show and I open the guide to browse listings, the video stops.  Why can’t you just shrink the video to a small window and let it keep playing while I look at what else is available?  It’s very frustrating.

so far you can only minimize (small window) while using the guide while using an iPAD mini or regular.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Please restore the feature that brings up an on screen keyboard where you can enter a channel...

Hello WhiskerBiscuit, thank you for your feedback. We recently removed that feature due to us replacing it with the "speak" option. You can press the voice button on your remote and tell it to tune to any channel number or station. If you do not have a voice remote you would have to use the work around you explained above, you can also use your buttons on the numeric buttons on the remote to tune faster as well. If you don't have a voice remote and would like to have one in your home, you can pick one up free from any local Comcast service center. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation