Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Video Cannot Be played. We've Run into a problem while streaming "Episode name" (Error 106000.5)

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

Was watching my DVR programs via my computer for convenience. Then for no reason at all when i tried to watch another program and now ANY program since it either sits on the load screen forever, or more often just gives me this error 10600.5 , sometimes it will do this on anything i choose, sometimes it's just specific shows or episodes. Really ANNOYING. 

video can not be played.PNG
4 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 5

palindrome3d wrote:

Was watching my DVR programs via my computer for convenience. Then for no reason at all when i tried to watch another program and now ANY program since it either sits on the load screen forever, or more often just gives me this error 10600.5 , sometimes it will do this on anything i choose, sometimes it's just specific shows or episodes. Really ANNOYING. 

Did you try playing back the same 'asset' on a smart device (iOS or Android)? Did it play or give you an error message?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 5

I have the same problem while at home, on my wireless network, regardless whether I'm using an app or the website.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 4 of 5

I have the same problem, this did not occur until xfinity require a flash update. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 5

The Flash update is coincidental. The .5 error means "file not found," and it can refer to some or all of the video files. Are you getting this issue mainly with recordings, with On Demand, or with live TV? I know of one recent issue off the top of my head that could have resulted in this error: until yesterday, specific On Demand shows that had gone "out of window" (iow, they were no longer available from the provider) were still being promoted due to a miscommunication. That has since been resolved.

LHC

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon