New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Verify Download

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Contributor

Verify Download

I recently took a trip and before leaving I downloaded two movies on my iPad. I have the latest Stream App and latest iOS. One movie was from my own DVR recording and another was from On Demand - both available offline. After downloading with the app on my iPad, next to each movie title was a button "Verify Download." I clicked each one and the button went away.

I tried to play back a movie onboard an aircraft. My iPad was in airplane mode which turns off wifi. The airline allows texting/messaging via wifi so my iPad had that turned on. When I opened the Xfinity Stream app to watch a movie, both movies again had the button "Verify Download." Of course, when I tried this nothing happened since my internet connection only allowed text/message apps. 

Browsing through this forum I did not see any posts mentioned "Verify Download." I did see that some people had issues with watching downloaded movies on an airplane (going back to 2014). Some of this messages mentioned turning off wifi while in airplane mode - I didn't try that but just gave up in frustration. There is no guidance on this subject in any Xfinity support article or in the app help. Can someone from Comcast please give us specific instructions how to avoid problems with playback while flying?

Accepted Solution

Re: Verify Download

Cool, I only ask because I haven't come across this "verify download" option when I've downloaded recordings. 

You should be able to watch the downloaded recording in airplane mode with WiFi off. 

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Service Expert

@spediteur wrote:

I recently took a trip and before leaving I downloaded two movies on my iPad. I have the latest Stream App and latest iOS. One movie was from my own DVR recording and another was from On Demand - both available offline. After downloading with the app on my iPad, next to each movie title was a button "Verify Download." I clicked each one and the button went away.

I tried to play back a movie onboard an aircraft. My iPad was in airplane mode which turns off wifi. The airline allows texting/messaging via wifi so my iPad had that turned on. When I opened the Xfinity Stream app to watch a movie, both movies again had the button "Verify Download." Of course, when I tried this nothing happened since my internet connection only allowed text/message apps. 

Browsing through this forum I did not see any posts mentioned "Verify Download." I did see that some people had issues with watching downloaded movies on an airplane (going back to 2014). Some of this messages mentioned turning off wifi while in airplane mode - I didn't try that but just gave up in frustration. There is no guidance on this subject in any Xfinity support article or in the app help. Can someone from Comcast please give us specific instructions how to avoid problems with playback while flying?

i tested on an iphone/ipad, android phone and did not get any 'verify download'. such a feature obviously could not be used without an internet data connection. when you played the video, (watch choice) did it play? did you get an error message?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

spediteur, do you also have a screenshot of the verify download? 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I'm sorry but I don't have any screen shot - my comments on what I saw were from memory.  I could not play anything from within the Xfinitiy Stream app - no internet connection. There was no 'play' option. I got the same Verify Download when I originally downloaded the movies at home on my Xfinity wif-fi. At that time, I tapped that button and the button disappeared and "on this device until 5/24/18" was visible. I just downloaded another DVR saved movie at home and did not see the 'verify' message. It's a mystery. Still would like to know the proper airplane settings to use - airplane mode on, wifi off or on?

Official Employee

Cool, I only ask because I haven't come across this "verify download" option when I've downloaded recordings. 

You should be able to watch the downloaded recording in airplane mode with WiFi off. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation