Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unauthorized Xfinity TV streaming on a mobile device

New Poster

Unauthorized Xfinity TV streaming on a mobile device

Can devices I no longer have access to be removed from using TV service under my account?

My Ex is continuing to use my Xfinity TV account for streaming on a laptop computer and notebook. Even though he cannot get into my account because I changed my user name and password it appears once the app was downloaded on his devices and he stays signed on, he can still stream live and on demand.

Service Expert

Re: Unauthorized Xfinity TV streaming on a mobile device

dt08 wrote:

Can devices I no longer have access to be removed from using TV service under my account?

My Ex is continuing to use my Xfinity TV account for streaming on a laptop computer and notebook. Even though he cannot get into my account because I changed my user name and password it appears once the app was downloaded on his devices and he stays signed on, he can still stream live and on demand.

call 877-896-8678 and ask the representative to deprovision your current streaming devices. The representative may have to refer you to second level tech support.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

dt08 wrote:

I took care of this for you.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

ComcastDan, please contact me through my comcast email, I've spoken to several people who all say they can't help, it seems you are the only employee at Comcast that is capable of fixing this issue. :/
New Poster

Hey ComcastDan,

My family's account is running into the same issue. Could we get the devices deprovisioned on the back-end as well? Please and thank you.

New Poster

I have exact same problem and no one on Comcast Help Desk can help me.  I have changed my Password and it did nothing.  Comcast agent (very unfortunately!) thought suspending my entire account this week would fix the issue.  Nope!  Others are still right now watching TV (and my purchases) via my account on the Xfinity Stream TV App on their iPads and they live in completely different states while my account is suspended.  I have wasted hours on phone this week with Comcast Help Desk Reps as they don’t get what I am telling them and I am now very frustrated.  Please, “Comcast Dan” can you help me too?

New Poster

Literally on phone now with Comcast Security Rep who is arguing with me that no one else is in my account.  Yet just now someone in another state just downloaded a program to my account AND told me what I watched on tv last night.  I changed my password and user name day before yesterday and it did nothing to stop others from using Xfinity Stream TV App from my account.  There is a security issue with Xfinity Stream TV App!!!!  Why is everyone at Comcast telling me this is not an issue when clearly it is for me and lots of other customers.

Bronze Problem Solver

ARCNEDELK wrote:

Literally on phone now with Comcast Security Rep who is arguing with me that no one else is in my account.  Yet just now someone in another state just downloaded a program to my account AND told me what I watched on tv last night.  I changed my password and user name day before yesterday and it did nothing to stop others from using Xfinity Stream TV App from my account.  There is a security issue with Xfinity Stream TV App!!!!  Why is everyone at Comcast telling me this is not an issue when clearly it is for me and lots of other customers.

Changing your pw is enough, after changing your pw, all devices have to be deprovisioned from your account. This will cause everyone to log in again and only those who know the new pw would be able to.

Problem Solver

What are you seeing in the app that makes you think someone in another state is using your account? I can help you deprovision the two iPads and the iPhone currently provisioned on your account, but you'll need to change the password on all three logins to be sure that no one who isn't authorized can log back in. Go to customer.xfinity.com and click on the Users tab to see and edit (or remove) the logins associated with your account, and to change the password for them. After you've done that, I'll deprovision the devices, which will force you to log in again.

LHC

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I changed my password few days ago as directed.  The guests that were in my house ten days ago, used my original password to access my account in app “Xfinity Stream TV”, and now are back home in their respective states hundreds miles away were not impacted by my password change.  They continue this morning to watch tv on your App for free via my account...and can see what I recorded last evening.  I know this because some of them have communicated that with me.  Evidently my original password was shared with many other people and now that they are “in” my account via the app  - and they are not prompted to put in a password again unless they are willing to sign out.  Why would they want to sign out because now they can watch tv for free forever using my account...and monitor what I watch or download anything they may want to watch and have it charged to my account.  Bottom line:  Changing my password is only impactful if the people in my account via your “Xfinity Stream TV” app are willing to sign out of it.

Problem Solver

No worries; I can deprovision the mobile devices on your account. There were only three, two of which had your name on them, so if a large group of people were all sharing your account, they were all crowded around the same iPad.

Also: It is not possible to purchase anything via the Stream app.

LHC

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Im having the same issue with my account, they are clogging up the amount of devices allowed and its not letting me watch through the app when I want to, so im basically paying for others to watch for free, please help.

Problem Solver

Hi Fabian

You're not paying any extra, but I totally understand the objection to freeloading. :-) You have a LOT of devices on your account (though no mobile or web devices are currently streaming, nor have any downloaded any content), and you also have 3 guest logins on your account in addition to the primary login with which you posted to the forums. You will want to change the password on your primary login and all three guest logins (or remove those guest logins) via the Users section of the customer.xfinity.com portal. Once you've done that, please give me a ping, and I'll clear all the mobile and web devices from your account. This will force all users to log in again, and only those with the new password(s) will be able to do so. 

LHC

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I am having the same issue removing this person that is deleting my recordings etc.

Problem Solver

Tony, please change your password, and I'll deprovision all the mobile/web devices on your account. Only you will be able to sign back in because only you will have the new password.

LHC

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 10 in conversation