Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to sign into HBO GO

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

I'm not sure if this question belongs in this location, but the menu isn't really clear so here it goes.

I am unable to sign into my HBO GO account; when I go to the website and log in with my Xfinity credentials, it tells me:

Signed Out
We’re having trouble verifying your access to HBO GO with your TV provider. If you continue to have this issue, contact your TV provider for assistance.

I've verfied with several Comcast CSRs that I do have HBO on my account, but none of them seem to grasp that I'm talking about HBO GO, not HBO the channel, and they've all been extremely unhelpful with trying to resolve this issue. It doesn't matter what computer, what browser, what device I try to log in with, I get this message each time.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 3

Sozin wrote:

I'm not sure if this question belongs in this location, but the menu isn't really clear so here it goes.

I am unable to sign into my HBO GO account; when I go to the website and log in with my Xfinity credentials, it tells me:

Signed Out
We’re having trouble verifying your access to HBO GO with your TV provider. If you continue to have this issue, contact your TV provider for assistance.

I've verfied with several Comcast CSRs that I do have HBO on my account, but none of them seem to grasp that I'm talking about HBO GO, not HBO the channel, and they've all been extremely unhelpful with trying to resolve this issue. It doesn't matter what computer, what browser, what device I try to log in with, I get this message each time. 

It appears that HBO is not offering to let Xfinity/Comcast customers use the app now. I've been using it for years and now the new version won't show Xfinity as a provider.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 3

What about the HBO GO website? Forget the app, I can't get even get to that, it just gives me the authentication error.