Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to play DVR recordings on PC or mobile devices

New Poster

Unable to play DVR recordings on PC or mobile devices

On my Xfinity X1 account, I have several recordings, some of which I have downloaded to my tablet and others are available to watch anywhere. Today, I tried to play my recordings. I was unsuccessful on all but one of the recordings. When I attempt to play one of them on the PC, I get:

This Video Cannot Be Played

We've run into a problem while streaming My Struggle II. (Error 5)

When I try to play the same recording on my Android phone on the Xfinity TV app, I get "Unhandled Error :: 106000 :: Something has gone wrong."

I have some recordings that I have downloaded to my Android tablet. When I try to play them on that device, I get, "Unhandled Error :: 3332 :: Something has gone wrong."

Is this an issue that Comcast is aware of? Has anyone else encoutered this problem?

Service Expert

Re: Unable to play DVR recordings on PC or mobile devices

Huitzilopochtli wrote:

On my Xfinity X1 account, I have several recordings, some of which I have downloaded to my tablet and others are available to watch anywhere. Today, I tried to play my recordings. I was unsuccessful on all but one of the recordings. When I attempt to play one of them on the PC, I get:

This Video Cannot Be Played

We've run into a problem while streaming My Struggle II. (Error 5)

When I try to play the same recording on my Android phone on the Xfinity TV app, I get "Unhandled Error :: 106000 :: Something has gone wrong."

I have some recordings that I have downloaded to my Android tablet. When I try to play them on that device, I get, "Unhandled Error :: 3332 :: Something has gone wrong."

Is this an issue that Comcast is aware of? Has anyone else encoutered this problem?

try playing the on-demand 'only' asset "Falling Water". does it play on all of the devices? Do you have the cloud DVR turned on since new version is out of the TV app? There is a new terms and conditions I had to agree to on iPhone, iPad, and android devices that I only saw after logging out of each and logging back in. after that the recordings in the cloud DVR played fine again.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I am also unable to play my recordings on the tv.xfinity.com website. It is not just a problem with the Android app.

Watching an On Demand program (Falling Water) works correctly on my Android device.

Service Expert

Huitzilopochtli wrote:

I am also unable to play my recordings on the tv.xfinity.com website. It is not just a problem with the Android app.

Watching an On Demand program (Falling Water) works correctly on my Android device.

I just began viewing on iPad iPhone 6+ and desktop xtv.comcast.net (falling water). maybe you could try the logout and delete and reinstall the app process?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I just began viewing on iPad iPhone 6+ and desktop xtv.comcast.net (falling water). maybe you could try the logout and delete and reinstall the app process?

This does not only occur on the app. It happens on the desktop site as well. It happens even if I log out and back in again. Also, I am able to view On Demand titles on my mobile devices without error.

Service Expert

Huitzilopochtli wrote:

This does not only occur on the app. It happens on the desktop site as well. It happens even if I log out and back in again. Also, I am able to view On Demand titles on my mobile devices without error.

try some testing if you have time. on your DVR hit the record button on a short SD program (like TVLand) that is in progress (even a few minutes remaining). When it finishes recording does it play back normally without errors? next do an hour recording of an SD channel and ;play it back (can skip ahead) try to make it error out.

If that is successful do the same on an HD chan of a show in progress so the recording is 'short' as say the last 10 minutes of someshow. Does it play back normally?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I was able to view a program that I had recorded recently (in the last few days) on the DVR box, on the PC, and on mobile devices. This appears to only be affecting recording that I have had on the box for several months (as well as a few recordings from a previous box that I can only see via the cloud/PC/app).

Service Expert

Huitzilopochtli wrote:

I was able to view a program that I had recorded recently (in the last few days) on the DVR box, on the PC, and on mobile devices. This appears to only be affecting recording that I have had on the box for several months (as well as a few recordings from a previous box that I can only see via the cloud/PC/app).

cloud recordings are now viewable on the xg1 set top boxes. they play much like on-demand recordings. in the upper left hand where it says source (DVR) there will be a little white cloud icon in front of "DVR".

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I am having the same problem with the website (error 11700) when I log in on my Macbook and as well as my iphone.  The only device able to veiw anything on Xfinity is my ipad.  

Service Expert

nypollard wrote:

I am having the same problem with the website (error 11700) when I log in on my Macbook and as well as my iphone.  The only device able to veiw anything on Xfinity is my ipad.  

there is a hard limit on number of devices that can stream at one time. perhaps changing the pass would help. To see all streaming devices in use now use the xfinity TV app, select 'layer' icon that looks like a stack of pancakes and scroll down to the gear(settings). from there you swill see a choice that says devices now streaming.

it is never a good idea to close a browser while streaming. hit the X in upper left corner of the viewing window or the back arrow key in the streaming window (not the controls of the web browser or your keyboard arrows). Let us know what you found and how you fixed it.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation