New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

UPDATE: XFINITY TV App and Portal Replacing XFINITY TV Go App and Website

Administrator
Administrator

UPDATE: XFINITY TV App and Portal Replacing XFINITY TV Go App and Website

As we work to create the best digital customer experience, all of the programming from our Xfinity TV Go website is now part of the Xfinity TV online portal (xfinity.com/watch), giving customers one place to watch TV and movies (including purchased content) whether they are at home or on-the-go.  

While we work to create a more robust Watchlist experience for the online portal, we encourage you to use our Xfinity TV Remote app to control your TV right from your mobile device. You can search for listings, browse thousands of On Demand titles, and schedule DVR recordings whether you're at home or on the go.

Update:   Effective today, October 20, a small percentage of users with Apple devices across the Comcast footprint will see a roadblock message that has been added to the XFINITY TV Go app. These customers can no longer use the TV Go app and must download the XFINITY TV app to continue streaming live TV, DVR recordings and On Demand content at home and on the go.

Please note that for several weeks users have been advised via in-app messaging to begin using the XFINITY TV app and portal (tv.xfinity.com), which offer all of the same content as TV Go with an updated user interface and additional functionality.

The retirement of XFINITY TV Go is expected to be completed for all customers and devices by early next week. 

If you want to leave a comment or feedback regarding the change please visit. "Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV
Onlineportal
".

FAQS:

Why are you retiring TV Go?
Comcast is in the process of merging the functionality of its various mobile apps into one uniform XFINITY TV app in order to create a more seamless customer experience. As a result, the XFINITY TV app is replacing the XFINITY TV Go app. You'll have fewer apps, but even more content!

Why do I have to be connected to my home network to watch certain channels or On Demand content?
The ability to watch certain content outside the home is not always available. However, over the past two years, we've gone from 50 live TV channels being available over the Internet to more than 125, and we continue to try to expand that offering.

What do I gain by using the XFINITY TV app?
The XFINITY TV app offers all the live and On Demand TV Everywhere content found in the XFINITY TV Go app - more than 125 live TV channels and thousands of TV shows and movies to watch anywhere, including content you purchase from your TV. The XFINITY TV app also offers the ability to watch your full lineup of live TV and even more On Demand content while connected to your in-home XFINITY network. Plus, XFINITY X1 customers can watch their DVR content and even download it for offline viewing!

When will I get the XFINITY TV app?
You can download the XFINITY TV app today from the App Store, Google Play, Amazon or visit the XFINITY TV portal at tv.xfinity.com.

What can I watch on the XFINITY TV app?
Watch your full channel lineup while connected to your in-home XFINITY network and more than 125 live TV channels anywhere over the Internet, plus thousands of XFINITY On Demand titles at home or on-the-go.

When outside your home, simply filter for "Available out of home" to make finding TV Go content simple. Planning a vacation? Select "Available for download" from the filter menu to load up your mobile device with great shows and movies to watch on the plane, in the car or on the cruise.

When connected to your in-home XFINITY network, you can watch your full channel lineup and all the great On Demand content from your TV on your mobile device or computer. You can also watch your rentals and purchases, and XFINITY X1 customers can watch in-progress and completed DVR recordings.

Why does the app say I need to be on my home network? I am on my home network!
Be sure you are connected to your residential in-home network and not the network called "XFINITY WiFi," which is a WiFi hotspot that guests who are XFINITY Internet customers can use, so you don't need to give out your password. If your modem is provided by XFINITY, the network name is usually on the side or bottom of the modem. If you're not sure, just give us a call at 1-800-XFINITY, and we can walk you through it.

Sure you're on the right network, but it still isn't working? Your experience may be caused by a number of potential factors that we are working to improve. There's also a chance that your mobile device dropped off WiFi and switched to a cellular connection, so you'll want to check that by force-quitting the app and re-launching it.

Can I keep using the XFINITY TV Go app?
The XFINITY TV Go app will be retired and no longer supported in the near future, and you'll need to switch to the XFINITY TV app, which offers even more content and an updated user interface. If you have XFINITY X1 service, the user experience will be familiar to you. If you don't have X1, please call 1-800-XFINITY to learn how to upgrade at little or no additional cost.

We understand that many customers are already comfortable with the XFINITY TV Go app, but we're confident that you'll grow to love the XFINITY TV app even more. Go ahead, delete the XFINITY TV Go app, and make the switch to XFINITY TV now.

Why can't I watch and download my DVR recordings?
DVR recordings are only available to X1 Cloud DVR subscribers. If you think you are an X1 Cloud DVR subscriber, let us know, and we can confirm if you are eligible for remote DVR access. In-progress DVR recordings are only available for in-home viewing, but you can watch and download completed recordings anywhere within the United States.

Where is my Watchlist?
The XFINITY TV Go app had "bookmarks," the TV Go portal had a "Watchlist" and XFINITY X1 has "Favorites". All these features are similar in that they offer you the ability to flag the content you care about most. However, none of them worked across platforms, so you'd end up telling us the same thing in multiple places.

We're currently developing the next generation of Watchlist/Favorites/Bookmarks, which will allow you to tell us once what content you care about most, regardless of whether you're on your TV, mobile device or online. In the meantime, you can use the "For You" page on the XFINITY TV app and portal to keep up with the content you love, including recently-watched channels and On Demand content.

I don't have XFINITY X1 service, how can I schedule recordings when away from home?
With the XFINITY TV app, X1 Cloud DVR customers can schedule and manage their DVR recordings right through the app. All other XFINITY DVR customers should use the XFINITY TV Remote app available in the App Store or Google Play to schedule and manage DVR recordings.

How do I set up Parental Controls?
Parental Controls can be customized on each of your mobile devices through the XFINITY TV app or in the XFINITY TV portal on each of your computers. These settings only apply to the device on which you are setting them. For more details, see Set Parental Controls with the XFINITY TV App and Set Parental Controls with the XFINITY TV Portal.

How do I filter content?
In the Live TV listings and On Demand sections of the XFINITY TV app and portal, you can filter to find content with Closed Captioning and what's available for download or over the Internet (TV GO) when out of home. Look for "Filters" at the top of your screen when visiting these sections of the app. Please note that these filters are "sticky," so they'll stay enabled when navigating from Live TV to On Demand. Be sure to turn them off when you don't need to filter content.

Can I change channels on my TV from the XFINITY TV app or portal?
Please use the XFINITY TV Remote app, which is available in the App Store or Google Play, to quickly and easily find and tune your TV to the shows you love.

Do the XFINITY TV app or portal use data?
When connected to your in-home XFINITY network, video programming is delivered to the XFINITY TV app and portal over Comcast's cable system, not over the Internet - just like all of the XFINITY programming delivered to your TV. Therefore, using the XFINITY TV app or portal in your home will not use XFINITY Internet and will not count towards any XFINITY Internet data usage plan that may apply.

When outside your home, video programming is delivered to the XFINITY TV app and portal over the Internet, which would count towards any usage thresholds that might apply.

What are the System Requirements for the XFINITY TV app and portal?
For details, see XFINITY TV App Minimum System Requirements and XFINITY TV Portal Minimum System Requirements.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation