New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TvGo error Subscription Required 12012

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

TvGo error Subscription Required 12012

For about a week now, unable to stream channels on TvGo getting subscription required error 12012. Worked fine for a year or more, suddenly stopped.

1) rebooted
2) logged out and back in
3) reinstalled app
4) upgraded iPhone IOS to latest
5) reinstalled app again/logged in again
6) contacted xfinity support and refreshed account on their end. No help.
7) have tried on both WiFi and cellular

If you ask me, xfinity is not recognizing my phone as a active device on my account. It never shows up when I log in to my account on the web site. My computer shows up and it works fine. But not my phone.

I can watch CNN for example on the CNN app. But not the Xfinity app. I see this is a very common problem but never see a valid solution.

I find it hard to believe this is phone problem. Please help. I have been a happy xfinity customer for a year and a half. But I will gladly switch to another service if this can not be resolved.
Accepted Solution

Re: TvGo error Subscription Required 12012

Oh my goodness, I fixed it!!! If you click on the “Version” in the settings tab of the Xfinity App itself.... it gives you what it calls a Nuclear option reset. That cleared all the device information and allowed the app to then reconnect and work. Yeah!!! Wish that option had been documented somewhere or recommended when I called into support. Never the less. Thank you.
View answer in context
Service Expert

TellJohnAll wrote:
For about a week now, unable to stream channels on TvGo getting subscription required error 12012. Worked fine for a year or more, suddenly stopped.

1) rebooted
2) logged out and back in
3) reinstalled app
4) upgraded iPhone IOS to latest
5) reinstalled app again/logged in again
6) contacted xfinity support and refreshed account on their end. No help.
7) have tried on both WiFi and cellular

If you ask me, xfinity is not recognizing my phone as a active device on my account. It never shows up when I log in to my account on the web site. My computer shows up and it works fine. But not my phone.

I can watch CNN for example on the CNN app. But not the Xfinity app. I see this is a very common problem but never see a valid solution.

I find it hard to believe this is phone problem. Please help. I have been a happy xfinity customer for a year and a half. But I will gladly switch to another service if this can not be resolved.

do you have another smart device to try? a desk/laptop using a browser to the stream tv site?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

OK, so my son's Iphone 6s works just fine with my account.   But my Iphone 6s does not play live channels and gets the error Subscription Required 12012.

So I suppose it is the phone  or the Xfinity app.   Everything else on the phone works fine.   I can stream CNN on the CNN app with my Xfinity subscription.    But nothing works on Xfinity app despite deleting, resinstalling, logging off and on, etc...

Any thoughts on solving an Iphone problem... or perhaps an Xfinitiy problem which results in not recognizing a device, or something?

Service Expert

TellJohnAll wrote:

OK, so my son's Iphone 6s works just fine with my account.   But my Iphone 6s does not play live channels and gets the error Subscription Required 12012.

So I suppose it is the phone  or the Xfinity app.   Everything else on the phone works fine.   I can stream CNN on the CNN app with my Xfinity subscription.    But nothing works on Xfinity app despite deleting, resinstalling, logging off and on, etc...

Any thoughts on solving an Iphone problem... or perhaps an Xfinitiy problem which results in not recognizing a device, or something?

are you using the same account on both? are both devices trying the channel while in the same home connected to the same wifi?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Does not matter what channel
Does not matter if I log out of my computer and other phone account
Does not matter how many times I log in and out or reinstall the app
Does not matter if it is WiFi or Sprint service
It worked fine for over a year, now down for more than a week
Since it works fine on my other phone, I am thinking of backing up my phone and doing a hard reset to clear things. But what a pain.
Regular Visitor

Oh my goodness, I fixed it!!! If you click on the “Version” in the settings tab of the Xfinity App itself.... it gives you what it calls a Nuclear option reset. That cleared all the device information and allowed the app to then reconnect and work. Yeah!!! Wish that option had been documented somewhere or recommended when I called into support. Never the less. Thank you.
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation