Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Try Installing Amazon Prime tv app to a new tv that is using comcast X1. It is a smart tv but when

Regular Visitor

Try Installing Amazon Prime tv app to a new tv that is using comcast X1. It is a smart tv but when

How do I add Amazon Prime video service (I am a prime customer) to a newSmart TV. When I go to On Demand and scroll over to the apps category. I have several ie, Netflix, Pandora etc

but no app for Amazon. Can someone explain to me in simple terms what I have to do to get Amazon on my apps category on my new tv?

Service Expert

Re: Try Installing Amazon Prime tv app to a new tv that is using comcast X1. It is a smart tv but w

pebrif wrote:

How do I add Amazon Prime video service (I am a prime customer) to a newSmart TV. When I go to On Demand and scroll over to the apps category. I have several ie, Netflix, Pandora etc

but no app for Amazon. Can someone explain to me in simple terms what I have to do to get Amazon on my apps category on my new tv?

no way to add it and so far no plans announced by comcast to add it. Your new TV may have a built in app that can display Amazon Video or you can cast it using chomecast from a pc/laptop or you can use a laptop or desktop and an HDMI cable to the TV. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Try Installing Amazon Prime tv app to a new tv that is using comcast X1. It is a smart tv but w

How do I install Amazon prime to my smart tv?
Official Employee

Go to the apps section of your tv, not the cable box. Follow instructions that came with your tv for further install instructions

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation