Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

This video stream is not playable under the current device conditions.

New Poster

This video stream is not playable under the current device conditions.

I recently got a Samsung S7 from Xfinity Mobile and the stream app isn't working. I am getting an error saying "We're sorry. This video stream is not playable under the current device conditions. Please disconnect any external devices (including HDMI, screen mirroring, or casting devices) and try again.

The device is not connected to any external device.

Phone Info:

Model number: SM-G930VC

Android version: 7.0

Android security patch level: November 1, 2017

Baseband version: G930VCCTU4BQK3

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: This video stream is not playable under the current device conditions.

Rustyben wrote:

try logging off the stream app, uninstall it, power recycle the phone and reinstall and login. fixed?

Okay I got it working. I logged out of the app, went to the Application Manager and force closed the app, cleared the data and cache, then disabled the app (I cannot uninstall it since it a system app on an Xfinity Mobile phone). I then power cycled the phone, enabled the app, started the app and logged in, then updated the app (when I disabled the app it downgraded it to a previous version).

So annoying to have to deal with this. The restriction is pure GREED in the first place. I am already paying for the service why can't I stream it to an external device if I want? DRM exactly like this is why pirating content is so prevalent, it's easier than dealing with all the headache DRM intorduces to legitimate customers.

All Replies
Expert

Ryzir wrote:

I recently got a Samsung S7 from Xfinity Mobile and the stream app isn't working. I am getting an error saying "We're sorry. This video stream is not playable under the current device conditions. Please disconnect any external devices (including HDMI, screen mirroring, or casting devices) and try again.

The device is not connected to any external device.

Phone Info:

Model number: SM-G930VC

Android version: 7.0

Android security patch level: November 1, 2017

Baseband version: G930VCCTU4BQK3

go through your mobile phone menu (usually from the double pull down menu) looking for screen mirroring, aircast etc and turn off the function. 

New Poster

Rustyben wrote:

go through your mobile phone menu (usually from the double pull down menu) looking for screen mirroring, aircast etc and turn off the function. 

Smart view and Samsung connect are turned off/disabled. I don't have any other screen mirroring/casting apps installed.

Expert

Ryzir wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Smart view and Samsung connect are turned off/disabled. I don't have any other screen mirroring/casting apps installed.

try logging off the stream app, uninstall it, power recycle the phone and reinstall and login. fixed?

New Poster

Rustyben wrote:

Okay I got it working. I logged out of the app, went to the Application Manager and force closed the app, cleared the data and cache, then disabled the app (I cannot uninstall it since it a system app on an Xfinity Mobile phone). I then power cycled the phone, enabled the app, started the app and logged in, then updated the app (when I disabled the app it downgraded it to a previous version).

So annoying to have to deal with this. The restriction is pure GREED in the first place. I am already paying for the service why can't I stream it to an external device if I want? DRM exactly like this is why pirating content is so prevalent, it's easier than dealing with all the headache DRM intorduces to legitimate customers.

Expert

Ryzir wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

the DRM restrictions protect the revenue streams to the provider of the entertainment and to Comcast for devices connected to televisions. The Roku device while in beta is free and connecting a TV to a desk/laptop and using the streaming website with a browser is allowed.