Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

There are NO xfinity apps in the MacBook Pro Apple Store.

New Poster

There are NO xfinity apps in the MacBook Pro Apple Store.

I contacted Apple and was told to contact Comcast.  The Apple Store for Macbook Pro has nothing xfinity.  Is there a way to get an app that works with a Macbook Pro?  I use the Xfinity Stream App on my iPhone and iPad to download shows from my DVR and then watch then while travelling.  Is there anyway to do this with a Macbook Pro?

Frequent Visitor

Re: There are NO xfinity apps in the MacBook Pro Apple Store.

There isn't any Xfinity app for the Mac, or Windows for that matter. On a Mac or PC, open a web browser (Safari, on Mac) go to tv.xfinity.com. Sign in, and you should have access to the service you are subscribed to.

Hope this helps,
-Ryan
New Poster

I know.  So weird.  I was wondering if it was just me / my work macbook somehow telling app store "you can't download anything fun!"

New Poster

I tried the same thing.  then when I went to log into live tv from website it says I need Adobe Flash and of course, MacBook Pro don't use Adobe!  Now what???

Problem Solver

@Stina2130 wrote:

I tried the same thing.  then when I went to log into live tv from website it says I need Adobe Flash and of course, MacBook Pro don't use Adobe!  Now what???

Go to www.adobe.com and download the latest edition of Flash, and you're set to go. Safari will sandbox the plugin, and will only run Flash off sites you allow. 

Personally, I refuse to install Flash on my Macs, I'd rather use Chrome since it has a built in sandboxed version of Flash. 

<<<< "Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman >>>>
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation