Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TV stream app won't play any videos

New Poster

TV stream app won't play any videos

I am so frustrated with xfinity!! A couple weeks ago the tv.xfinity.com site stopped working out of nowhere. Now when I log on the screen stays at "now connecting to entertainment experience" or something like that. It just buffers but never connects to the site. FINE at first I was upset but I figured I have the app on my phone still at least. Well last night out of nowhere the app stopped working. It will literally just buffer anything I try playing (whether it's on demand, dvr or live viewing) nothing PLAYS. I'M so frustrated with this company. For as much as I pay, all services should work.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Service Expert

Re: TV stream app won't play any videos

Please_help_me1 wrote:
I am so frustrated with xfinity!! A couple weeks ago the tv.xfinity.com site stopped working out of nowhere. Now when I log on the screen stays at "now connecting to entertainment experience" or something like that. It just buffers but never connects to the site. FINE at first I was upset but I figured I have the app on my phone still at least. Well last night out of nowhere the app stopped working. It will literally just buffer anything I try playing (whether it's on demand, dvr or live viewing) nothing PLAYS. I'M so frustrated with this company. For as much as I pay, all services should work.
Anyone have any suggestions?

does the stream app work on iOS or android devices for you?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

My phone is android and it was working perfectly and just stopped yesterday. My laptop is not iOS it's Windows and it doesn't work on there anymore either.
Official Employee

Hello Please_help_me1, buffering is caused by a poor internet connection. Please make sure you're connected to your in home Wi-Fi or some sort of hot spot to stream content. Also removing the app from your phone and adding it back can clear up any bugs that the app is experiencing. If you haven't already please remove the app and add it back to your device. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you for replying. Unfortunately I have tried already what you recommended and still nothing.
Official Employee

Can you please send me a private message with the username that you're using to login with? I will make sure everything is working properly on my end, also please try logging in online and tell me if you get the same result. Is there any error message associated with this problem, or does the screen say connecting and nothing else? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

TV stream works on Chrome though not on Safari.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation