Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TV on phone while at home is not needed !

Regular Contributor

TV on phone while at home is not needed !

Only SOME of my channels are WATCHABLE away from my Xfinity WIFI.

Shouldn't MOST of them 'come-in' via CELLULAR or those 18 million Xfinity Hotspots

we hear so much about ?

Service Expert

Re: TV on phone while at home is not needed !

HarryDemers wrote:

Shouldn't MOST of them 'come-in' via CELLULAR or those 18 million Xfinity Hotspots

we hear so much about ?

yes you are correct, not all channels are available for streaming outside the home. Select TVgo channels when away from the home for all available streaming content.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

HarryDemers wrote:

we hear so much about ?

The rights to stream programmer’s content outside the home (called “TV Everywhere” rights) are negotiated separately and not always available.  We have over 200 live TV channels and thousands of On Demand choices which are available anywhere in the USA. Unfortunately, not all programmers are on board and sports programming is more often impacted by these programmer limitations. 

Is there specific content or a programmer you are interested in watching?

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Regular Contributor

HarryDemers wrote:

we hear so much about ?

The rights to stream programmer’s content outside the home (called “TV Everywhere” rights) are negotiated separately and not always available.  We have over 200 live TV channels and thousands of On Demand choices which are available anywhere in the USA. Unfortunately, not all programmers are on board and sports programming is more often impacted by these programmer limitations. 

Is there specific content or a programmer you are interested in watching?

-ComcastDan

HERE WE GO WITH THE DRM HS !

TYPICAL COMCAST COP OUT... DON'T WANT ALL SPORTS, DON'T WANT ANY SPORTS.

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO PAY THOSE PROGRAMMER, 5 TIMES, 10 TIMES PER SHOW OR 100 TIMES PER CHANNEL ???   WHAT IS COMCAST DOING WITH THE BILLIONS OF $$$$$ IT'S  CUSTOMERS ARE PAYING ...  SURE ISN'T FOR CC / CS / TS OR TRAINING, THAT'S BEEN TRUE FOR OVER 20 YEARS ?

I DIDN'T ASK ABOUT 'ON-DEMAND' EITHER ...  TWO "OFF-TOPIC" COMCAST USELESS ANSWERS, AS USUAL, AS ALWAYS ...

THE QUESTION WAS  "SOME" (LESS THAN ALL, A LOT LESS, ONLY A FEW) CHANNELS ARE "WATCHABLE" AWAY FROM HOME WIFI ...  NOT JUST A COUPLE OR THREE !!!

TO EXPLAIN THIS FUTHER ...   ONLY ABOUT 20% TO 30% ARE "WATCHABLE" AWAY FROM MY WIFI ...   AND THAT JUST THE CHANNELS I TYPICALLY VIEW WHICH IS NO WHERE NEAR 200 ...

WITH THAT KIND OF SELECTION, WHY WOULD ONE BOTHER ...  ANOTHER BIG COMCAST DISAPPOINTMENT, AS USUAL ...

Regular Contributor

yes you are correct, not all channels are available for streaming outside the home. Select TVgo channels when away from the home for all available streaming content.

Thanks for repling.

Don't want to view EVERY channel in my 'line-up', only the ones I normally watch .

About 70% of them are UN-WATCHABLE on phone away from home .

Comcast didn't say ...   "a small 'hand-full' of your channels", they said: "your channels",

when PITCHING their mobile service with TV streaming .

What is "TVgo" ?   Sounds like what was dis-continued & replaced by Streaming App .

Service Expert

HarryDemers wrote:

Thanks for repling.

Don't want to view EVERY channel in my 'line-up', only the ones I normally watch .

About 70% of them are UN-WATCHABLE on phone away from home .

Comcast didn't say ...   "a small 'hand-full' of your channels", they said: "your channels",

when PITCHING their mobile service with TV streaming .

What is "TVgo" ?   Sounds like what was dis-continued & replaced by Streaming App .

TVgo channels are programming sources that go through the Stream TV app but are managed by the providers (their servers/equipment). Many 3rd part apps allow you to authenticate yourself as a customer to get the same or 'more' than Comcast provides on linear channels. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation