Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV app issues with iOS

New Poster

TV app issues with iOS

I'm having a lot of trouble with the xfinity tv app since downloading iOS 10 and all subsequent updates. When I was able to watch my dvr recordings on the app, it froze every 5 seconds and was pretty much impossible to watch. I deleted the app and redownloaded at the suggestion of a comcast rep and ever since then, I can't even access my home wifi account. It pops up and says I can only watch it on my home wifi and I'm not connected, but at the very bottom of the screen it shows the network I'm actually connected to and what do you know? It's my home network. Has anyone had these type issues? As much money as I pay these people every month, you'd think they'd be able to have bugs fixed by now in their apps but I guess not. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Service Expert

Re: TV app issues with iOS

bfreeman620 wrote:

I'm having a lot of trouble with the xfinity tv app since downloading iOS 10 and all subsequent updates. When I was able to watch my dvr recordings on the app, it froze every 5 seconds and was pretty much impossible to watch. I deleted the app and redownloaded at the suggestion of a comcast rep and ever since then, I can't even access my home wifi account. It pops up and says I can only watch it on my home wifi and I'm not connected, but at the very bottom of the screen it shows the network I'm actually connected to and what do you know? It's my home network. Has anyone had these type issues? As much money as I pay these people every month, you'd think they'd be able to have bugs fixed by now in their apps but I guess not. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

would you verify you are using iOS 10.1 (go to the settings app, general >> software update. (should say 10.1 software up to date). also check your TV app version (press the menu stack-of-lines icon, scroll to bottom and select the gear (settings) and on next screen scroll to bottom. Mine shows 3.9.1.664 on iphone and ipad.

I used both on both portrait and landscape orientation and do not 'see' what network i'm using at the bottom (nor anywhere else). to see the network you are on use the iOS settings app (looks like a gear) and select the wifi. It should be on your home network but not on the public wifi SSID 'xfinitywifi". 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation