Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TV Remote App Not Working

New Poster

TV Remote App Not Working

I am using iOS 10 and the most up-to-date version of the TV Remote, but I get the following error message: "Data unavailable.  We're experiencing some difficulties. You can continue using the app, but not all areas will be working"

Any idea what is going on?

New Poster

Re: TV Remote App Not Working

Same here
New Poster

My Xfinity TV Remote Apps stopped working on my Ipad and Android phone also.

On Android phone:

Uninstalled and reinstalled app.  Now get "Error 500" message every time when signing in thru the "Get Started" screen with my Comcast username and password.  Cannot get pass this error message.

On Ipad:

Uninstalled and reinstalled app.  I am able to sign in with my Comcast username and password.  Get message "Data Unavailable. We're experiencing some difficulties. You can continue using the app, but not all areas will be working."  No screens work on the app - TV listing screen and On Demand screens are blank.  I do not see my DVR device in the settings screen.  There is no place in settings screen to select a Channel Lineup.

There are numerous complaints of the app not working, both in forums and in app reviews, but I have not found any guidance, solutions, or acknowledgements from Comcast on this.

Can someone advise on where to find solutions or useful discussions on this topic?

Service Expert

are you using the username shown on the x1 set top boxes on the xfinity button >> gear(settings) >> my account >> account details ----- screen? If not use that username as shown and the password for the username to login. for assistance call 877-896-8678.depending on the level you reach, they may transfer you to another help desk.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation