Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TV GO App Away From Home-ALL CHANNELS?

Regular Visitor

TV GO App Away From Home-ALL CHANNELS?

Are there any plans for Comcast to allow you to view EVERY channel you currently subscribe to using the TV app away from your home network? Yes the app has come a long way and if it becomes available on other streaming devices in the near future, even better. However, if they want to stay competitive with Sling TV and Hulu Live, I would hope they make plans very soon to offer more channel options, namely Comcast Sports Net. Sling TV and Hulu Live will offer this as an option and you can view it when you're away from home. I would happily stay with Comcast for cable service if I can TRULY take ALL of my channels with me with no restrictions. Anyone know of the plans in the works...?

New Poster

Re: TV GO App Away From Home-ALL CHANNELS?

I second this question. We pay for channels in our packages. Those channels should be available to me what ever Wi-Fi network I login on. If I take my laptop with me to travel for work or visit relatives, I should be able to login and watch channels I pay to have access to. This is infuriating and preposterous that I can't login and watch a highly anticipated program just because I am not at home. In fact, why would I need to login from home anyway? The TV is there to watch, I would not need to watch from my laptop or phone. Are you really that daft to not know when this service would need to be used.
Service Expert

CM805 wrote:
I second this question. We pay for channels in our packages. Those channels should be available to me what ever Wi-Fi network I login on. If I take my laptop with me to travel for work or visit relatives, I should be able to login and watch channels I pay to have access to. This is infuriating and preposterous that I can't login and watch a highly anticipated program just because I am not at home. In fact, why would I need to login from home anyway? The TV is there to watch, I would not need to watch from my laptop or phone. Are you really that daft to not know when this service would need to be used.

it isn't comcast that determines what you can't access outside of the home, it is the provider of the content (producers/networks). Comcast has to honor the contractural agreements (called rights).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Theres a fairly old but still applicable article comcast published with mentions of this. http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/the-facts-about-xfinity-tv-and-xbox-360-comcast-is-not-p...

The specific thing you are refering to is content that falls under the FCC's "Title VI". Title VI is your subscribed content delivered to your home and due the various requirements of Title VI, this can only be streamed in your home. 

The content you watch outside the home is called TV Everywhere which falls under a completly different set of rules. This content is managed and deleviered differently than your "in home" content and is typically available through other apps (NBC, HBO GO, etc). 

New Poster

You are wrong! I have dish network and I can watch EVERY CHANNEL on dish anywhere. I called dish network and they told me they have no such seperate agreement with any of the networks they carry. What ever package you subscribe to on dish you can watch EVERY CHANNEL on dish anywhere. It is Comcast who decides what you can and cannot watch! And on dish you can watch on your phone,tablet,laptop,desktop, and any device that has the correct software.

Frequent Visitor

This issue is total fabrication.  Comcast deliberately keeps you from watching your home channels while traveling.  I had this problem 3 years ago and I called to complain.  I kept calling all evening until I reached this young man who tried to give me the same answers that I had been getting all evening. After going back and forth, he admitted that he knew how to make it happen and provided me with the URL that I was looking for. The problem is they keep moving the URL so I was not able to do it again.  They have the where with all to allow you to watch any channel you want to watch. 

Official Employee

Hey @samwhines. I have addressed your duplicate post about this located: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Watching-Programming-on-your-home-network-away-f...

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation