New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TV App download failure

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 15

Trying to download a recorded dvr show and get "Metadata Failed :: 7005" - failed to acquire license metadata from the manifest.  Please try again.".  Of course, it never works when I try again on any one of my 4 android devices.  This seems to be happening only on episodes that were recorded several months ago. I can download the latest episodes, but not the older ones.  In fact, one episode I'm having trouble with right now is "Code Black S2 | Ep9" from Nov 30.  I had previously downloaded this episode, watched 1/2 of it, then returned it.  It still plays fine on my home X1 dvr.  But if I try to "Watch" it on my android device while on my home network, I get Server Error::8001 - We're sorry, but we're not able to access this video stream.  Please try another channel or program".  Of course, this is probably the underlying reason why I also can't download.  Is there a time limit to how long after a show is recorded that you can download/watch?

14 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 15
I talked to the Comcast technical person and she said that since I am outside the US I could not download or watch any content that I have recorded on my DVR back in the US.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 15

rbalzaretti wrote:
I talked to the Comcast technical person and she said that since I am outside the US I could not download or watch any content that I have recorded on my DVR back in the US.

That is correct, you would've had to do that before leaving the U.S.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 15

I am having this issue today with an Amazon Fire Android app for shows that were recorded on Sunday night and I am still in the US.  Any suggestions?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 5 of 15

FredI1130 wrote:

I am having this issue today with an Amazon Fire Android app for shows that were recorded on Sunday night and I am still in the US.  Any suggestions?

what city/state is your home service located? some areas are having cloud DVR issues at the moment. Getting any error codes?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 6 of 15

I'm in Downingtown PA.  This seems to only be occurring with Sunday recordings.  When I try to download them, I get the Metadata 7005 error code.  I don't recall the code when trying to view them straight off the DVR. 

I have tried and sussessfully downloaded and returned recordings from Friday and Monday nights, but Sunday is still an issue.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 7 of 15

FredI1130 wrote:

I'm in Downingtown PA.  This seems to only be occurring with Sunday recordings.  When I try to download them, I get the Metadata 7005 error code.  I don't recall the code when trying to view them straight off the DVR. 

I have tried and sussessfully downloaded and returned recordings from Friday and Monday nights, but Sunday is still an issue.

all downloads come to you from the cloud DVR. Equipment and recordings in your home are separate from them. Metadata is a set of information on a file for example when, what channel, the audio/video format, the type of mpeg stream, the type and number of audio streams, AFD information, etc. I'm not at all sure what metadata would be for the app other than 'how big is the file' so the app can verify there is room on the device's storage memory. if you could take a screen shot/capture of the error and reply someone on the forum may be able to assist.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 8 of 15

I am having the same issue.  Did you ever get a solution?  I could not find one on the forum.  Thanks!

Kate

Posted by
New Poster

Message 9 of 15
Having the same issue. File attached
20170403_004312.jpg
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 10 of 15

MyHouseATL wrote:
Having the same issue. File attached

did you have any extermal display device connected to the mobile device? some android devices have ability to connect to HDMI etc.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 11 of 15
No. This is a picture of my android LG V20 phone.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 12 of 15

This being my original thread, I thought I should update.  This is STILL happening frequently to me.  I did bring the issue to Xfinity support and they said "we're escalating to the dev group".  Nothing happened.  No contact back from them.

On top of that, now I even have issues with shows that show up on my DVR as recorded, NOT being on the website or my android device list so I can't even play them back, much less, can't download.  I have an open Xfinity ticket for that too that was supposed to have been responded to in 24 hrs and it's now been 3 days.  Nothing.  And, before somebody suggests it, I have done both of the following to try to rectify this:

1) reboot DVR device several times

2) gone into the device settings menu and did "Sync Dvr".  Done this 3 times.

Still have about 6 shows recorded that don't show up in my android app or online.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 13 of 15
Something new that started last week. Sometimes episodes only record partially through. Had another one this week where only 10 min recorded. Had two episodes last week only partially recorded.
Posted by
New Poster
Message 14 of 15

Thanks! I've been trying to access my DVR for days in Aruba and am finally stumbling across your solution.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 15 of 15

MyHouseATL wrote:
Something new that started last week. Sometimes episodes only record partially through. Had another one this week where only 10 min recorded. Had two episodes last week only partially recorded.

are you by chance in the Detroit, twin-cities area?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon