Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Suddenly I can only download 3 recordings

ANSWERED
New Poster

Suddenly I can only download 3 recordings

I have plenty of space on my tablet, but it will now only allow me to download 3 recordings.

It is particularly strange in that I don't remember returning some of the recordings that are no longer listed.

Maybe I need to access a storage folder to delete the recordings which are on the device but not listed in the app. What folder are the local files stored in?

Accepted Solution

Re: Suddenly I can only download 3 recordings

RutDog wrote:

Galaxy Tab S2 8"

Marshmallow 6.0.1 (Nougat update released a week ago but I'm waiting)

17gb of 32gb internal storage used

11gb of 32gb SD card used

As mentioned before, it was working fine until today. I usually download a bunch of stuff once or twice a week.

Just checked, and the Stream app was updated today, 13 hours ago (Saturday morning).

Editing to add: tonight I returned all recordings, then cleared all the app data. No change. Still only 3 downloads allowed.

You don't mention what error you are getting when trying to download additional videos but I was able to look up your account. Our system shows 10 downloads "checked out" to that device which makes me suspect a bug somewhere (likely upstream from the app). 

There was 1 other customer on the forums with this issue a few days ago. I can fix on my end by "deprovisioning" (removing) your device from an internal tool but that will remove ALL your downloads and require you to sign in again. Before doing that, can you try signing out of the app which is supposed to return all downloads.  You can do this from Settings (at the bottom of the main navigation - looks like a gear icon).  If this works, it will help other customers with similar issues (rather than me fixing one by one). 

Let me know if it resolves your issue.  If so, please mark this as the solution so others can find it.  Thanks!

Best,

ComcastDan

View answer in context
Service Expert

RutDog wrote:

I have plenty of space on my tablet, but it will now only allow me to download 3 recordings.

It is particularly strange in that I don't remember returning some of the recordings that are no longer listed.

Maybe I need to access a storage folder to delete the recordings which are on the device but not listed in the app. What folder are the local files stored in?

is this iOS (apple) or android? If android what is the version of OS you are running (nougat? the new O?) do you have installed memory card that has the room on it?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Galaxy Tab S2 8"

As mentioned before, it was working fine until today. I usually download a bunch of stuff once or twice a week.

Just checked, and the Stream app was updated today, 13 hours ago (Saturday morning).

Editing to add: tonight I returned all recordings, then cleared all the app data. No change. Still only 3 downloads allowed.

Official Employee

RutDog wrote:

Galaxy Tab S2 8"

You don't mention what error you are getting when trying to download additional videos but I was able to look up your account. Our system shows 10 downloads "checked out" to that device which makes me suspect a bug somewhere (likely upstream from the app). 

There was 1 other customer on the forums with this issue a few days ago. I can fix on my end by "deprovisioning" (removing) your device from an internal tool but that will remove ALL your downloads and require you to sign in again. Before doing that, can you try signing out of the app which is supposed to return all downloads.  You can do this from Settings (at the bottom of the main navigation - looks like a gear icon).  If this works, it will help other customers with similar issues (rather than me fixing one by one). 

Let me know if it resolves your issue.  If so, please mark this as the solution so others can find it.  Thanks!

Best,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

ComcastDan wrote:

can you try signing out of the app which is supposed to return all downloads.  You can do this from Settings (at the bottom of the main navigation - looks like a gear icon).  If this works, it will help other customers with similar issues (rather than me fixing one by one). 

Best,

ComcastDan

Signing out and signing back in worked!

I was getting Error 12002 Download limit reached at 3 downloads. I signed out (and got warning that it would delete all downloads) and signed back in. I am now downloading 5 recordings. Yay!

I do wonder if the update released yesterday may have caused this problem.

Anyway, thanks for the help, Dan!

Official Employee

RutDog wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

can you try signing out of the app which is supposed to return all downloads.  You can do this from Settings (at the bottom of the main navigation - looks like a gear icon).  If this works, it will help other customers with similar issues (rather than me fixing one by one). 

Best,

ComcastDan

Signing out and signing back in worked!

I was getting Error 12002 Download limit reached at 3 downloads. I signed out (and got warning that it would delete all downloads) and signed back in. I am now downloading 5 recordings. Yay!

I do wonder if the update released yesterday may have caused this problem.

Anyway, thanks for the help, Dan!

Glad that worked. There's an internal tool that allows me to view the number of downloaded shows/movies on each device. That tool showed 10 items on your device. The app would be looking at the same data which is why it prevented additional downloads (thinking you were at your max). 

It is very possible that this is "upstream" (ie outside of the app's control) but I've alerted the technical team and they will investigate.

Very sorry for the hassle but glad you're back in business!

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 3 in conversation